• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Carrick would have added some much needed passing quality into this midfield.

I know he said he retired but Christ, Barry's been ahead of him for years. This is probably Barry's best ever season granted, but Carrick's much better. Meh.

Not hyped at all for the Euros.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can't we put Defoe on. Let's try to have a go at the keeper for goodness sake.

If they were that good they would have made it to the Euros. They look good on paper, but I'm not sure how you get raped by a keeper.

Forgot Kompany and Vermalen too. Liverpool got raped by Kompany at corners this season. Mignolet will just run past our static midfield for lulz, then Terry will foul him and give away a penalty.

mxgt

Banned
It honestly disturbs me that Walcott was picked over Lennon.

Not that Lennon is in the form of his life or anything, but at least he can actually do something.

Walcott is straight garbage, fucking terrible player

It honestly disturbs me that Walcott was picked over Lennon.

Not that Lennon is in the form of his life or anything, but at least he can actually do something.

Walcott is straight garbage, fucking terrible player

I don't think Lennon really cares about playing for England and would rather just go on holiday instead.

Clegg

Lets hope hazard plays well and then announces his move to United

I imagine we'll find out who Hazard is signing for, after the England/Belgium game. He'll already be in England so all he'll have to do is travel to Manchester/stay in London and sign the contract.

This whole saga should be finished soon and that god for that.

danwarb

England had more ideas with Gerrard in the first half. I'd play him off Carroll until Rooney's available, then stick him at RM.

Clegg

England win!!

Celebration time:

untitled-9f4mna.gif

Gifs courtesy of Sunhi.

He's played well there in the past. It's him or Milner.

Gerrard hasn't the legs, form or match fitness to play that position. Milner hasn't the skill.

It should be Young and Welbeck with Walcott (I know) and Johnson (maybe Ox) on the wings.

Gerrard and Kelly are the only Liverpool players that should be let near this side.

Wilbur

Banned
Hodgson advocating long ball football is beautiful.

My team for France would be:

Johnson - Cahill - Lescott - Cole
Parker - Lampard
Johnson - Young - Ox
Welbeck

There was nothing going on up the flanks. Our wingers have no idea how to play on the wing it seems. Our full backs were constantly looking up and finding no one there.

Lmao wtf

I went down to cook and Talksport are saying we were incredible, Carroll had an excellent game and all things are positive

I seriously need to stop listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom