• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-

According to L'Equipe, Hazard to Chelsea is very close to done. 40 million euros, ~130k wages / week. City apparently dropped out of the race, United still has a small chance.

/hazardrumoroftheday

Basically, in the last two days, both Ibra and Thiago said that they want to stay, but they also want some new top players. Basically, everyone is saying that, except Berlusconi.

Transfer sessions are becoming the worst part of the season, even worse than seeing other clubs winning a random trophy in May.

edit: the mac version is not on sale :( fuck this.

It's a SteamPlay game, it works on both Mac and PC without having to do anything. :)

GorillaJu

I don't think Carrick's quality is in dispute. Gary, Parker and himself would all be in contention if I were manager and I'd land on Carrick more often than the other two. But the manager has to choose a team and for whatever reason, he has left Carrick out.

Parker is nursing an injury, Gary just picked up a knock and Milner looked hardly inspirational. This is the time and place where Carrick would get his opportunity and make everyone look like fools for sleeping on him since the start. If he were available for the friendly as a sub or on standby, he could have taken the chance to show his class.

But instead, 21 y/o Henderson is taken on and gets thrown under a shower of bile, as if he is the one keeping out Carrick. He's young, and an extremely hard worker with big ambitions and a classy touch. It's not his fault that he played when he made himself available and Michael Carrick did not.

It's the same with Richards. If you want to prove yourself, prove it.

Blablurn

479716_474696155880414_1092721785_n.jpg

back to the roots bitches. i hope he becomes our striker #1

Kyoufu

Davide Santon is so hot.

I seriously question my sexuality when I see him.

Also, how have Cabaye and Tiote not been signed by bigger clubs yet?

GorillaJu

Davide Santon is so hot.

I seriously question my sexuality when I see him.

Also, how have Cabaye and Tiote not been signed by bigger clubs yet?

Not sure who wants/needs them that are bigger than Newcastle. Perhaps Chelsea could use Tiote, but I imagine they'd shoot for someone like Javi Martinez instead. Cabaye would cost 25m+ due to his contract and Newcastle's position.

I'm going to give FM12 a try. I tried FM11 and only lasted about 10 minutes before I gave up out of confusion. Been less than 5 minutes to download this sucker. Amazon's downloader is incredible

Not sure who wants/needs them that are bigger than Newcastle. Perhaps Chelsea could use Tiote, but I imagine they'd shoot for someone like Javi Martinez instead. Cabaye would cost 25m+ due to his contract and Newcastle's position.

I'm going to give FM12 a try. I tried FM11 and only lasted about 10 minutes before I gave up out of confusion. Been less than 5 minutes to download this sucker. Amazon's downloader is incredible

No your internet connection is incredible. Meanwhile I'm stuck behind the great firewall still at 50kb/s. Thank god it's only for two more weeks.

Also I agree with you about Henderson. Some people need to step back and think a bit, this kid's 21. If it's Downing then he's 28 and has been a pro for a long time, he should be performing. Henderson's had two full seasons at the top, he made himself available, Carrick didn't. Get off your high horses United-GAF.

Arnie

To be fair to him, Henderson looked pretty decent when he came on yesterday. But my housemate and I were talking about how ridiculously English he looks when he receives and passes the ball. Very straight angles and a kind of pendulum-esque movement when he passes.

Very true. He's very hesitant when it comes to passing forwards, which is something he needs to work on desperately. His touch and vision's fine, and when he does aim for something more adventurous it's usually accurate and impressive. It's just a confidence issue that he needs to resolve within himself. It's remarkable how much he's come on in just a season though, I guess that's what happens when you play regularly.

Wilbur

Banned
No your internet connection is incredible. Meanwhile I'm stuck behind the great firewall still at 50kb/s. Thank god it's only for two more weeks.

Also I agree with you about Henderson. Some people need to step back and think a bit, this kid's 21. If it's Downing then he's 28 and has been a pro for a long time, he should be performing. Henderson's had two full seasons at the top, he made himself available, Carrick didn't. Get off your high horses United-GAF.

Oh I'm not saying he should be picked now; he shot himself in the foot. But he should have been there in the first place.

I'm not fussed enough, I've accepted our failure before it even begins.

WJD

Very true. He's very hesitant when it comes to passing forwards, which is something he needs to work on desperately. His touch and vision's fine, and when he does aim for something more adventurous it's usually accurate and impressive. It's just a confidence issue that he needs to resolve within himself. It's remarkable how much he's come on in just a season though, I guess that's what happens when you play regularly.

do I detect a NOT SO SLY dig at SuperTom here?

Arnie

do I detect a NOT SO SLY dig at SuperTom here?

Wasn't intentional, but I guess you could class it as one. I'll be very forthcoming in admitting that from what I've seen Cleverley is a far more exciting player. Henderson's very 'steady Eddy' at the moment. As I say, if he keeps his progression up with continued game time he could become a very good player. Lucas has taught me to spot natural ability, even if it's hidden behind a wave of anxiety and pressure.

And people are always talking about the England team moving away from the older players and looking to the future; all we get is moaning when Henderson's called up. It's not his fault Wilshere and Cleverley are always on the treatment bench.

Now that was a dig.

keit4

Banned
Spain final 23:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Valdés y Reina.
Defenders: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez y Jordi Alba.
Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.
Strikers: Llorente, Torres y Negredo.

Negredo instead of Adrian? Albiol? Oh you Del Bosque...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Basically, in the last two days, both Ibra and Thiago said that they want to stay, but they also want some new top players. Basically, everyone is saying that, except Berlusconi.
That last thing you need right now is giving Ibra and Mino an excuse to jump ship :p

Spain final 23:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Valdés y Reina.
Defenders: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez y Jordi Alba.
Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.
Strikers: Llorente, Torres y Negredo.

Negredo instead of Adrian? Albiol? Oh you Del Bosque...

What's wrong with Negredo? He's not bad.

I don't understand where hazard will play for us, the spot behind the striker will go to mata, left will be Marin and right will hopefully be hulk.

Unless he will play left and Marin is just signed as a cheap back-up on that side?

Behind them will be a combination of mikel/romeu on one side and lampard/ramires I would assume.

Van der wiel, would he be a good signing? £8m apparently which is cheap. Only ever seen him on FM haha.

GorillaJu

How does so much talent come from one country?

I don't understand where hazard will play for us, the spot behind the striker will go to mata, left will be Marin and right will hopefully be hulk.

Unless he will play left and Marin is just signed as a cheap back-up on that side?

Behind them will be a combination of mikel/romeu on one side and lampard/ramires I would assume.

Van der wiel, would he be a good signing? £8m apparently which is cheap. Only ever seen him on FM haha.

Marin will probably play second fiddle for a long while, if Hazard is signed. Mata will probably be pushed out to the left. Hulk can play in any of the front attacking positions, it's just Villas Boas put him out right because he likes to play with a left footed striker from that position, like he did with Daniel Sturridge.

Madridy

Can't fucking believe Del Bosque didn't pick Soldado! And the Insulting part is he chose fucking Torres over him...

Un-fucking-believable.

I'd find it bizarre if Hazard did choose Chelsea. Apparently he wants confirmation on playing time and where he'll play. You guys don't even have a proper manager sorted.

Salvadora

Because they get trained properly and clubs play their youngsters/get them experience.

Outside of man Utd the top teams have been pretty poor in recent years playing Englishman, especially strikers.

In many cases English players are more expensive and less talented, Because of your first point mostly.

krishian

That Spain squad is weird as fuck. Why are Negredo, Torres and Albilol in there? Navas and Pedro have been pretty mediocre this season too...

Guess the midfiled and Casillas will have to do all the work, once again.

K1LLER7

I'd find it bizarre if Hazard did choose Chelsea. Apparently he wants confirmation on playing time and where he'll play. You guys don't even have a proper manager sorted.

United have still got a very good chance, Think Kompany will be in his ear while he's with Belgium, trying to get him to City.

Can't fabregas play a false 9 role for Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom