• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Saw a newspaper article that asked the burning question: who is better, Kagawa or Messi? :lol

The real question is, is Messi better than Joe Cole ?

Are the Beats headphones any good or are too just fashion thing?

Fashion thing.

How did they finish? I imagine Messi would cause havoc in those games.

Argentina won gold and Messi was player of the tourney(Im pretty sure). I don't get the hate the olympics gets, I for one, am excited for it. Better than no football..

Huh, I didn't know Jordi Alba started his career in the youth ranks of Barsa, but was released by the club in 2005. Another one of these Giovinco / Cesc situations. Must feel great. Who's not good enough now, bitches?!

Cesc wasn't released. He was stolen(lol hopefully this doesn't start another lame cesc discussion). Alba though, released.

8 Barça players and 7 Juve players in the final :bow

champions league preview?

If only Villa and Puyol were there. :(

Hixx

Damn, that Southampton kit is lame.

I'm eating some traditional Indian sweets, reward for graduating, awww yeahhh.

ihg4a4EXfR0hS.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For Pirlo to win the Ballon d'Or:

- Do well in the CL group stages with Juve.
- Beat Spain (lol) or at least go out in style.
- Score 50 goals?

flippedb

Banned
For Pirlo to win the Ballon d'Or:

- Do well in the CL group stages with Juve.
- Beat Spain (lol) or at least go out in style.
- Score 50 goals?

- Change his name to Lionel and hope someone at UEFA makes a mistake.

Sad but true

dc89

FUUUU!!! Take the Gifs down! Messi posted on the last page saying he bought it too and wants to remain unspoiled.

That's if you can count those Gifs as spoilers.

Slizz

I'm hungry now but cannot decide the cuisine I shall feast upon. Kinda want some pizza but theres no places near me that sell by the slice...

Clegg

Lets not start the pizza argument again.

Cold pizza is fucking awful btw. So is chocolate thats been in the fridge.

Yen

Just watched the Ides of March, great film. Gosling and Clooney are fantastic. I shall watch Collateral tomorrow morning.

Gah! I'm in a wedding this weekend and we've (groomsmen) been waiting for the ceremony to start for three hours. We've been trapped in a room and the bride told us we couldn't drink anymore!

Hixx

Drink anyway.

Weddings without being hammered, not a great place to be.

edit: holy shit its friday. how did I not know this!?

Hixx

I'm not going to get involved.

But you are wrong, pizza is great hot or cold and chocolate is better when it is hard.

Sloosha

Lets not start the pizza argument again.

Cold pizza is fucking awful btw. So is chocolate thats been in the fridge.

How have you not been sectioned yet.

Speaking of dinner, think I might get some Pho tonight. odd_morsel made me jelly with the noodle talk earlier.

GorillaJu

Apparently the Uruguayan national team is doing their Olympic training at Melwood. I love this Uruguayan connection we have going now - sign em up, Brendan! (all of them)

Better yet just don't let Cavani leave. Clamp his eyes open, and brainwash him with a looping gif of Gerrard lifting the CL trophy. Keep him there until the only words he can mutter are "YNWA." That'll give us the edge when it comes to sign the player.
icn_gerrardw8exn.gif

Speaking of dinner, think I might get some Pho tonight.

I love a good bowl of Pho. Sadly, the stuff we get in Japan is for babies - not nearly enough meat and the soup isn't rank enough. I miss American Pho.

Carbonox

We just sold Fraser Forster to Celtic for 2 million.

ADD IT TO THE DE JONG FUND!

So Forster's finally gone, eh. What a shame. If only Krul wasn't so awesome, he'd have been our number one. A great keeper. Should have went to an English team though to help his chances for England selection. Definitely deserves it.

Tried to watch Public Enemies. Changed over after an hour. Such a boring fucking film. So strangely shot as well.

This. Was really excited for this film, but felt so let-down :( and yeah, digital is the wrong choice for that type of film.

HEAT is Mann's best film, though I haven't seen the Insider or Manhunter.

Man I miss Pho, didn't eat it since I became a veg. I also have the privilege of eating real, home-cooked Viet food (North and South variety) because I'm friends with some Vietnamese.
Dat awesome spiciness. Congrats, Sloosha.

That reminds me......I even ate baby duck once as a test of courage. Google "balut" to find out what it is (at your own peril though!)
Hmm, but there are different stages...
Ok, mine was basically like this: http://i.imgur.com/0mgGr.jpg

Tis good :O :D

I thought Public Enemies was alright. A solid 3/5 film. I saw it when it came out 3 years ago but I can hardly remember anything about the plot now. I remember the gun sounds were pretty awesome though.

Kyoufu

Man I miss Pho, didn't eat it since I became a veg. I also have the privilege of eating real, home-cooked Viet food (North and South variety) because I'm friends with some Vietnamese.
Dat awesome spiciness. Congrats, Sloosha.

That reminds me......I even ate baby duck once as a test of courage. Google "balut" to find out what it is (at your own peril though!)
Hmm, but there are different stages...
Ok, mine was basically like this: http://i.imgur.com/0mgGr.jpg

Tis good :O :D

I regret clicking that....

Feorax

Apparently the Uruguayan national team is doing their Olympic training at Melwood. I love this Uruguayan connection we have going now - sign em up, Brendan! (all of them)

Better yet just don't let Cavani leave. Clamp his eyes open, and brainwash him with a looping gif of Gerrard lifting the CL trophy. Keep him there until the only words he can mutter are "YNWA." That'll give us the edge when it comes to sign the player.

Suarez was supposed to do this, but he fucked up and now we're stuck with Gaston Ramirez for £15 million.

Such a tit...

I regret clicking that....
It looks much worse in latter stages.
In mine the yolk turned hard and was pretty damn tasty, the egg white was also hard and already started to show signs of bones and feathers, but they weren't quite there yet...it's weird and kinda dissolves in your mouth, but sometimes it has already gotten hard and wasn't so nice, lol
So after my test of courage we proceeded to eat the yolks and dispose of the rest.
It's illegal in Germany, so we had to buy it under the counter in a Vietnamese market (at 4x the price of normal eggs).

I also love Vietnamese summer rolls:
0z4mJ.jpg

/edit
People are often skipping Viet cuisine for Chinese (mostly too fatty), Jap (mostly too bland), Korean (mostly just straight forward spicy and too meaty, but still good), Thai (mostly too sweet, but I still like some dishes). I think it's better than all of the above.

Sloosha

It looks much worse in latter stages.
In mine the yolk turned hard and was pretty damn tasty, the egg white was also hard and already started to show signs of bones and feathers, but they weren't quite there yet...it's weird and kinda dissolves in your mouth, but sometimes it has already gotten hard and wasn't so nice, lol
So after my test of courage we proceeded to eat the yolks and dispose of the rest.
It's illegal in Germany, so we had to buy it under the counter in a Vietnamese market (at 4x the price of normal eggs).

I also love Vietnamese summer rolls:
0z4mJ.jpg

Oh god yes. Have some Costco Vietnamese rolls in the fridge right now. Also love Vietnamese sandwiches <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom