• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for 20 minutes, this guy:

Tmjs3l.jpg

Is a BVB player.

FUCK YEAH NEW SEASON START ALREADY I'M SO EXCITED

They're trying to take the vagina away from us. :(

The notion that I'd call someone a Vagina as an insult is ridiculous anyway. I love Vaginas. They're one of my favourite things in the world.

If I call you a vagina it means I like you, If I call you a mother fucker it probably means I want to punch you, and yet one is allowed and the other isn't.

Crazy times people. Crazy times. 2012 indeed!

May I ask, who is Mumei? I've been on GAF for 5 years now and I've never heard of him/her.

Newly appointed mod.

To be fair it doesn't seem like Mumei is the only one with a problem with it. Although a mod, whos name escapes me, did come in here a couple of months ago asking why we used it so much. We explained and all was good.

Newly appointed mod.

To be fair it doesn't seem like Mumei is the only one with a problem with it. Although a mod, whos name escapes me, did come in here a couple of months ago asking why we used it so much. We explained and all was good.

That's my biggest gripe about this. There are some mods who are perfectly okay with it being used in moderation and others that are willing to ban on first offense over it. I wish Evilore would make a statement on it, establishing a uniform policy over how it will be condoned and then we can go from there. Right now, there's just too much confusion amongst the threads, and I'd hate to lose members over a moderator/moderators trying to be an activist.

I feel like footballGAF will lose members to bans over this C word thing
This situation is worse than John Terry. In all seriousness, as a non-native speaker I was wondering how all the other English insults "rank". Because the effect it can have is often lost on me. Now cunt is off limits I'll be needing some substitutions. Prick, twat etc?

Wessiej

It has all the beginnings of an awesome season!

This situation is worse than John Terry. In all seriousness, as a non-native speaker I was wondering how all the other English insults "rank". Because the effect it can have is often lost on me. Now cunt is off limits I'll be needing some substitutions. Prick, twat etc?

Hoerenzoon

dc89

That's my biggest gripe about this. There are some mods who are perfectly okay with it being used in moderation and others that are willing to ban on first offense over it. I wish Evilore would make a statement on it, establishing a uniform policy over how it will be condoned and then we can go from there. Right now, there's just too much confusion, and I'd hate to lose members over moderator trying to be an activist.

It was Duckroll.

And to be fair it says in the ToS you can be banned for using offensive words etc.

And if they change the rule and write it in expect zero leniency.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just to clarify, i didnt search for that so no Detective-GAF bullshit. But i thread titled "I'd like to stalk you and steal your identities, GAFfers." is bound to catch your eye.

I am not questioning your post. Just thought he was a woman, from his posts/threads. Interesting.

I think i used that word in the euro thread when talking about Webb, time to edit that, before they pull a Red Scarlet again and go through the whole thread.

kharma45

It started here, there isn't really that many posts so you can quickly scroll through it yourself.

I'm going to say less than 24 hours, both Balotelli and Busquets can get a few people down on here.

Cheers.

As has been said, EviLore needs to clarify one way or another. We can't have one mod saying it's fine and another not.

I personally don't have a problem with it, it's not like we're using it against each other.

Can't say I agree with Mumei in the slightest, it's not sexist in the slightest nor is it a slur. As was posted in the Euro thread it's slang and nothing more.

Are they going to make cock a bannable word?

That's my biggest gripe about this. There are some mods who are perfectly okay with it being used in moderation and others that are willing to ban on first offense over it. I wish Evilore would make a statement on it, establishing a uniform policy over how it will be condoned and then we can go from there. Right now, there's just too much confusion amongst the threads, and I'd hate to lose members over a moderator/moderators trying to be an activist.

Totally agree. Someone could PM him and point him to the thread I suppose, I think it's a shame that we're being shut down from even talking about the issue despite it being approached in a totally mature and reasonable way (which is rare for Gaf).

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Evilore will side with them 100%. In fact they probably already discussed it in the mod forum.

At least that's what it seems by reading charlequin post in the euro thread.

Zabojnik

I've missed out on what happened, care to give me a quick crash course? :)

I used the C-word to describe Balotelli's c***ish behaviour in a post, a mod came and said it was time to stop using said word, people started voicing their opinions on the matter. I feel a bit like Bosman, the difference being that the floodgates of c*** are now seemingly closed. Sorry guys, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Hixx

Totally agree. Someone could PM him and point him to the thread I suppose, I think it's a shame that we're being shut down from even talking about the issue despite it being approached in a totally mature and reasonable way (which is rare for Gaf).
Evilore will side with them 100%. In fact they probably already discussed it in the mod forum.

Yeah of course Evilore will have been a part of that discussion.

Why not just come and outright ban the word though, make it easy for everyone.

R.I.P. Football-GAF.

I'm moving to RAWK.

The only place we can be truly liberated.

Yeah considering mods that has never been in the football threads are now showing up, it has no doubt already been discussed and decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom