• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I like Buffon. He turned City down - he stood by what he believed.

He can be controversial at times but he speaks sense.

Korez

Basilea home

basilea-home-adidas.jpg

Basilea away

basilea-away-12-13.jpg

dc89

Haha. Wilbury on twitter.

He has 169 followers and he's following 169. I ask him is he trying to tell us something?

"Only like 2 of them have sucked my dick".

Jensen

Buffon is right, out of the top eight teams last year only Liverpool and United had Premier League squads with more than half of the players used being eligible to play for the home nations.

prem_for.jpg

The overall percentage of foreign players in the Premier League is 62.2% which is huge compared to La Liga(37.4%), Serie A(47.7%) and Bundesliga(27.2%). English players tend to only play in England so the low percentage breaking through into the top club's first team in England shows how small our national pool of talented players is compared to the similar European nations.

I don't think the clubs are entirely to blame, rules such as the 90 minute rule and the lack of progress in training methods for youth football have forced English clubs to look elsewhere for players.

Kiraly

Isn't that just because arguably the Premier League is the most attractive league to play in and so more foreign players are drawn to it?

I see why Bayern didn't want to join the NextGen Series then.
Same for United. Glad because I was quite surprised and annoyed we didn't want to participate in NextGen, but it seems obvious this is why.

Isn't that just because arguably the Premier League is the most attractive league to play in and so more foreign players are drawn to it?
I'm sure there are plenty of player from latin nations who would love to go and play in La Liga. The league doesn't need them though since they have more than enough good young players domestically. Can't say the same for the UK. Players will always want to play at the top level be it in England, Spain, Italy or Germany. We just need them more IMO.

Kyoufu

We're going to try and sign Junior Hoilett. I didn't really watch him last season. Will he be a squad player or a starter for us (if he joins)?

Hixx

Apparently McCartney has signed for West Ham. Good to see the spineless leech fuck off... again. Not Keano's greatest moment, bringing him back. If West Ham actually give us money for Elmohamady we get the deal of the transfer window.

And it hasn't even opened yet.

Meier

We're going to try and sign Junior Hoilett. I didn't really watch him last season. Will he be a squad player or a starter for us (if he joins)?

He's a pretty talented guy -- I think he'd be a great signing. Had 3 excellent goals last year.

Kyoufu

Hasn't he already signed for a German club?

Not yet. Reading boss met him to discuss a move there but apparently he's likely to join us instead.

I will blame Elsk if he moves to Bundesliga.

watching the Murray/Baghdatis tennis game. Hope Baghdatis wins.

Wes

venison crêpe
Not normally one for this but have you seen the Victoria Pendleton pictures from Esquire? I'm not a brunette kind of guy but wow.

Stubo

Mario has mileage, that is amazing!

Despite the whole playing for City thing I really hope that he has a great game tomorrow. Such a talent, such an entertainer.

:lol

Can't believe the c word is still being discussed in the euro thread.

Also can't believe I just had to call it the c word.
Saying the c word instead of, you know the actual word, is even worse imo. You're making me thinking about it, letting me actually saying it in my head instead of just listening to your blabbering.

Stubo

You're putting the word in the listener's head...that's what saying a word IS...

The man, my favourite comedian by miles.

Wessiej

The disaster when a fucking referee is going to make a wrong decision in the 90th minute, people will call him the c to the nt for hundreds of post here. It will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom