• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

£35k a week.

Those aren't Championship wages no matter how much gobbling is involved.

(Also he was crap at Championship level for us but he's been at Newcastle and done OK since I guess so.. eh. £35k is still an obscene weekly wage for Leon Best)

Best part is (no pun intended) we get bonuses depending on them getting promoted or not. lol

Clegg

None of these new junior United fans have passed Salazars induction test. What is your stance on k-pop and Cleverley?

They'll also have to pass Wilburys test but that may require you to break a few statutory laws.

Bumhead

Banned
Best part is (no pun intended) we get bonuses depending on them getting promoted or not. lol

If it wasn't for Steve Keane I'd say signings like Best and Murphy would be pretty strong signings at Championship level. Murphy especially.

Rather than being a half decent signing, though, offering Best £35k a week does nothing for me other than re-enforce the idea that the Venky's (or no fucker else at Blackburn) knows what the hell is going on or what Championship football is. It's certainly not a sustainable business model, paying those wages. £35k is the sort of weekly wage clubs can't wait to shed quick enough when they come down. Bullard almost single handedly killed Hull City on £40k p/w.

God speed, Jeff.

Kyoufu

If it wasn't for Steve Keane I'd say signings like Best and Murphy would be pretty strong signings at Championship level. Murphy especially.

Rather than being a half decent signing, though, offering Best £35k a week does nothing for me other than re-enforce the idea that the Venky's (or no fucker else at Blackburn) knows what the hell is going on or what Championship football is. It's certainly not a sustainable business model, paying those wages. £35k is the sort of weekly wage clubs can't wait to shed quick enough when they come down. Bullard almost single handedly killed Hull City on £40k p/w.

God speed, Jeff.

To be fair, they need to bounce back in one shot and need a striker to replace the Yak. Whether or not Leon Best is the man to fill those shoes remains to be seen but that is their intention.

Bumhead

Banned
To be fair, they need to bounce back in one shot and need a striker to replace the Yak. Whether or not Leon Best is the man to fill those shoes remains to be seen but that is their intention.

Sure.

VERY dangerous game to play, though. If it doesn't work it can cost the club its existence.

Like I say, Best should be a good signing at Championship level and Murphy an exceptional one, but, Steve Keane. And Venky's. I genuinely don't think they'll be bouncing anywhere in a hurry whilever those pirates are at large.

You are a Chelsea fan and a member of Creepy GAF.

Your judgement is somewhat suspect on this matter.

uz7qy.gif

Creepy GAF is DEAD and locked. Also the founding member hasn't logged into GAF for several months, we can only wonder what happened. Ok we all know what clearly happened.

Fuck it, I'm in.

OMG, this game I just played. Kid was terrible playing as Germany. I was Sao Paulo. I won 3-1 but it should have been 10-0 if I wouldn't have fucked around. Drew three penalties and had Neuer sent off.18 shots and my players just kept missing sitters. Hilarious. He had 0 shots on goal but scored off a dead ball situation from the halfway line where Khedira lobbed it into the penalty area and the ball just bounced past my keeper. It was hysterical.

Lol, this K-league team has a player named Everton!! Sorry, Willkiller, we're watching the intros of this epic derby.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think I want to read the GoT books(3+), but I'm not sure my imagination is going to live up to the show. Does that make sense :lol?
Arcade Fire are the best band in the world.

That is all.
Wilbury-Twitter says he strongly disagrees with you.

Hixx

I think I want to read the GoT books(3+), but I'm not sure my imagination is going to live up to the show. Does that make sense :lol?

Wilbury-Twitter says he strongly disagrees with you.

The books are better than the show. So read the first two books and wait for season 3 to air. Reading the books made season 2 a bit underwhelming.

If you say Oasis or any Gallagher brother derivative then I will cut you.

It's clearly the Jam but picking the Arcade Fire and then looking down on Oasis fans is amusing.

xbhaskarx

The result of the Euro 2012 soccer tournament made this much clear: Europe's best players live in Spain, but they work in England.

English Premier League players accounted for 23 of the 76 goals scored at the Euro, which concluded Sunday with Spain's 4-0 demolition of Italy. Spain's Fernando Torres and Italy's Mario Balotelli, who tied for the tournament scoring lead with three goals, highlight the list of international superstars whose day job is in the EPL—Torres with Chelsea, Balotelli with Manchester City.

Players from Bundesliga, the top German league, finished second with 15 goals, including three by Germany's Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich). The tally takes into account each player's current club and doesn't include goals scored by free agents or own goals.

In all, 12 different European leagues had a player score at the Euro, including the Scottish Premier League, The Championship (England's No. 2 tier) and Primeira Liga (Portugal's top league).

But while the Premier League dominated overall, the highest-scoring club by this measure was Spain's Real Madrid. Real players tallied eight goals, led by Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo (three) and Spain's Xabi Alonso (two). Players from Wolfsburg and Manchester City each scored seven.

Truly Premier

The number of goals each league scored in Euro 2012:

league #
Premier League (ENG) 23
Bundesliga (GER) 15
La Liga (ESP) 13
Serie A (ITA) 6
Russian Premier League 5
Super League Greece 4
Danish Superliga 2
Ukrainian Premier 2
The Championship (ENG) 1
Ligue 1 (FRA) 1
Primeira Liga (POR) 1
Scottish Premier League 1

Kyoufu

The books are better than the show. So read the first two books and wait for season 3 to air. Reading the books made season 2 a bit underwhelming.

Fairly confident the show is better than the books because the books are just words while the show is visually awesome with a perfect cast.

OMG, this game I just played. Kid was terrible playing as Germany. I was Sao Paulo. I won 3-1 but it should have been 10-0 if I wouldn't have fucked around. Drew three penalties and had Neuer sent off.18 shots and my players just kept missing sitters. Hilarious. He had 0 shots on goal but scored off a dead ball situation from the halfway line where Khedira lobbed it into the penalty area and the ball just bounced past my keeper. It was hysterical.

Lol, this K-league team has a player named Everton!! Sorry, Willkiller, we're watching the intros of this epic derby.

OMG EVERTON :lol :lol

Hixx

Fairly confident the show is better than the books because the books are just words while the show is visually awesome with a perfect cast.

Not even close. Arya is loads better in the books for example. Her ACOK storyline was so much better than the show portrayed.

Clegg

It's clearly the Jam but picking the Arcade Fire and then looking down on Oasis fans is amusing.

The Jam were only ok. Paul Weller wrote better stuff solo and with The Style Council.

Not looking down on Oasis fans. Just don't like Liam Gallagher.

And Arcade Fire >>>>>>>> Oasis.

Kyoufu

Speaking of Oasis, what happened to the drink? It used to come in glass bottles instead of plastic and it also didn't taste like piss. :(

I can't get into Arcade Fire. I like some of their songs but I can't get through all the albums listening to most songs, I skip a lot.

They're not the best band ever basically.

N*Sync are probably in with a good shot for that award. Damn Justin Timberlake for taking his superior talents elsewhere ;(

Clegg

I can't get into Arcade Fire. I like some of their songs but I can't get through all the albums listening to most songs, I skip a lot.

They're not the best band ever basically.

N*Sync are probably in with a good shot for that award. Damn Justin Timberlake for taking his superior talents elsewhere ;(

Philistine.

And Westlife >> N*Sync.

I saw the members from Westlife randomly in a mall in Berlin a year ago, was surprised they even still existed. Luckily they did not come there to perform.

jtb

Banned
Arcade Fire isn't the best band ever but Funeral is one of the greatest pop albums ever IMO. If's sublime.

Exactly my stance on Aracde Fire. Funeral is a fantastic album from start to finish, and the only way for me to describe it is that it's just so full of energy and life (ironic, given its subject matter). The suburbs was a big disappointment, surprisingly pedestrian and lifeless. They've got talent, but... we'll see where it takes them. The curse of having a classic debut album, I suppose.

fuenf

Read the books After Season 1 i had exactly the same concerns but i just ordered the 4 books set from Amazon and never looked backed.

The books were essentially the first fantasy books i ever read and i devoured them in just a month. The show helps out your imagination a lot. Game of Thrones delivered a perfect blue print for the Wall, Winterfell, Kings Landing etc., same goes for the characters; I simply envision the TV places and actors.

Sure there are some new or different settings/characters but it isnt that hard to imagine something/someone that suits the GoT world.

Clegg

I preferred the Suburbs over Funeral tbh.

Half Light I
Half Light II
Suburban War

The perfect trifecta of songs.

We should stop relaying Wilbury's messages from Twitter. He is banned and should not contribute to the thread until he has learnt his lesson.

Also Jeff feel's unwanted. This is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom