• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Also expect Sigurdsson & Vertonghen to join Tottenham; Modric & Van der Vaart to leave. Villas-Boas to push for Moutinho purchase. #THFC

Clegg

Andersred

A few "wow" figures in #MUFC doc. "New media and mobile" revenue £17m. Arsenal's total commercial income from all sources is only £46m.....

Thats rather impressive.

At least it shows that the Glazers know how to generate revenue.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Also expect Sigurdsson & Vertonghen to join Tottenham; Modric & Van der Vaart to leave. Villas-Boas to push for Moutinho purchase. #THFC

VDV Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

jtb

Banned

Thats rather impressive.

it just shows that the guys upstairs who run Arsenal are incomeptent, which we all kind of knew already anyways.

and I take it all these rumors linking every promising midfielder to Spurs means that Parker probably won't be first choice come the start of the next season? or at least that AVB doesn't particularly rate him?

edit: VDV leaving? I wonder how much he would go for in today's transfer market

kharma45

Copied these from a guy I follow on Twitter

Gill: "Debt doesn't impact what we do." Document: "Our indebtedness could adversely affect our financial health and competitive position."

Gill: "There has been no impact in terms of our transfers." Document: "Debt reduces cash flow to fund the hiring and retention of players."

Player purchases between 2009-2011 £124.86m, player sales £152.87m. Net spend: £-28m.

Document also states that between 2009 and 2011, United paid £244.916m in INTEREST on the debt. Sickening.

I think I've found how the PIKs were paid off - MUFC borrowed £502m in 2010.

Thats rather impressive.

That's about the only thing. They've done well in making the most of the United brand to gain extra income.

near

Gold Member
Oscar, Moutinho and Sandro in a 3 man midfield? I can dream....

I don't even want to start getting carried away but AVB is definitely the man to pursuade such talent to move to our new project. I read somewhere that Oscar was about to join QPR last season but failed he's work permit, but now since he has capped some international games fr brazil he is less likely to fail it. One can hope.

Clegg

Where are spurs getting all the money from?
Don't think they've sold any players yet.

I haven't seen their accounts but Levy runs a good operation at Spurs. I assume he's put some funds aside for transfers already.

And whatever money they make from selling players will also go into their transfer funds.

Hearing rumours of Spurs having a bid for Oscar accepted. AVB was in brazil recently so I'm hoping this proves true.

That mark guy on twitter talks a ton of bs. I'd be very surprised and happy if we went for both Sigurdsson and Oscar. He's a fantastic player though. QPR must be pissed as hell they couldn't get a work permit.

selling modric and RdV

Nope.

Copied these from a guy I follow on Twitter

Gill: "Debt doesn't impact what we do." Document: "Our indebtedness could adversely affect our financial health and competitive position."

Gill: "There has been no impact in terms of our transfers." Document: "Debt reduces cash flow to fund the hiring and retention of players."

Player purchases between 2009-2011 £124.86m, player sales £152.87m. Net spend: £-28m.

Document also states that between 2009 and 2011, United paid £244.916m in INTEREST on the debt. Sickening.

I think I've found how the PIKs were paid off - MUFC borrowed £502m in 2010.

That's about the only thing. They've done well in making the most of the United brand to gain extra income.
:( :( :( :(

Edit - Btw that £500m in 2010 was the bonds wasn't it? Still spent an odd £100m just doing that though.

rodvik

Don't think they've sold any players either.

143.jpg

near

Gold Member
Don't think they've sold any players either.

Crouch
Palacios
Hutton
Pavlyuchenko
Corluka
Kranjcar
Keane
O'Hara

~£48 million in sales

With possibly dos santos and Bentley on there way out soon too. Modric on the market for atleast £30millon. During which we spent about £7million in that period on players.

Our squad is looking really skinny that's what a lot of people don't realise so we'll be probably signing only a few key players and bringing through some of our talented youth players AVB likes.

Clegg

Trying to look at the positive side of things. Even a lowball figure of £100m would ease our interest payments significantly.

Its blindingly obvious that the Glazers are here to milk the club dry. They won't be selling any of the voting shares so they'll remain in full control. So I'm pessimistic about this how much money United will actually raise.

If they make SAF do a promotional video for this shite, I'll cry.

In the past year or so we've got rid of Pav, Hutton, Keane, Palacios, Crouch, O'Hara, Kranjcar, Corluka. And in that time the only player we really bought was Scott Parker. We made smart signings, but we pretty much spent fuck all. It was obvious that Daniel Levy didn't want to give Harry money to spend. It shouldn't be a surprise that we have a lot available this summer.

Crouch
Palacios
Hutton
Pavlyuchenko
Corluka
Kranjcar
Keane
O'Hara

~£48 million in sales

With possibly dos santos and Bentley on there way out soon too. Modric on the market for atleast £30millon. During which we spent about £7million in that period on players.

Our squad is looking really skinny that's what a lot of people don't realise so we'll be probably signing only a few key players and bringing through some of our talented youth players AVB likes.

Wish I'd seen this post before typing all that out! I forgot Hutton as well. Selling Gio should bring in a few quid. And hopefully Jenas fucks off this summer.

rodvik

In the past year or so we've got rid of Pav, Hutton, Keane, Palacios, Crouch, O'Hara, Kranjcar, Corluka. And in that time the only player we really bought was Scott Parker. We made smart signings, but we pretty much spent fuck all. It was obvious that Daniel Levy didn't want to give Harry money to spend. It shouldn't be a surprise that we have a lot available this summer.

Wish I'd seen this post before typing all that out! I forgot Hutton as well. Selling Gio should bring in a few quid as well. Hopefully Jenas fucks off this summer.

Dont think we have forgiven you for that either mate. :)

Trying to look at the positive side of things. Even a lowball figure of £100m would ease our interest payments significantly.

Its blindingly obvious that the Glazers are here to milk the club dry. They won't be selling any of the voting shares so they'll remain in full control. So I'm pessimistic about this how much money United will actually raise.
Yeah I mean. This is a good step for us, we need the money in and they've admitted that and this outlines the intention to do that. It is most certainly "good news".

It's just to get to that bit of salvation...we have had to go through all this shit and that coming out now...it's just sad to see it down on paper even though we all knew it was happening.

near

Gold Member
Gareth Bale said:
Wish I'd seen this post before typing all that out! I forgot Hutton as well. Selling Gio should bring in a few quid. And hopefully Jenas fucks off this summer.

Wow completely forgot about Jenas lol. He needs to leave as well. With players like Huddlestone (when he returns from injury) and Sandro on rotation as it is we don't need him at all.

Clegg

Didn't United make a £10m profit from 2011?

Fucking Glazer shitehawks. Could have spent all that money on players.

Arnie

Not copying the link because of the source but look at the BBC's gossip column for tomorrow, particularly the first item. Couldn't laugh louder.

Long long nights ahead for those who work in United's PR department.

Pogba - Fergie can STFU about "respect". Nicked Pogba from Le Havre in the first place anyway. Done the same many time ourselves. We got caught out, simple as that. If Pog has left for more money than come out and say it. Oh wait he can't...cos then he'd have to explain why we can't give him what he wants.

Not a problem any more, everybody knows now.

kharma45

"As of July 1, 2012, our first team was comprised of the following players..."

Goes on to list the team minus Pogba so looks like he's defs gone. Fryers is still there mind.

Clegg

I don't think Fryers is good enough for United tbh.

Pogba had the talent to eventually break into the first team but I've seen nothing like that from Fryers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom