• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

It won't be the same with censorship :(

There's always another way.

ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif

United begin to leaflet fans over Season Tickets. Apparently they aren't selling out like normal.

What happened to the one million strong waiting list. What's happened to the fans their flawed survey said they had.

http://bit.ly/MKSqSV
Youre two seasons too late :lol The club have been doing this for the last 2 years.

Something ironic about a City fan mentioning empty seats though..

Edit - Some of the facts in this are wrong too actually. Prices have been frozen in a couple of recent years im pretty sure, the main price rises came in the Glazers first few years when they almost doubled.

dc89

Wait, you mean 1 in 9 people in the US aren't fans (or "followers" or whatever term they used) of Man U like they suggested?! Luuuuulz, I was rolling.

Or all the African fans they have. More fans than people in Africa who have access to the Internet.

Or the one in 5 (or was it 4?) fans in Europe.

United started flogging 'match day VIP' tickets on the radio last season. Heard the advert loads on TalkSPORT. Mentioned about having a meal, maybe meeting a United legend all before taking your seat in theatre of dreams...

They couldn't sell out hospitality packages...

I honestly think some United fans have voted with their feet.

Jensen

Or all the African fans they have. More fans than people in Africa who have access to the Internet.

While I admit I find the 600 million fans figure dubious I do believe that no other club has raised the awareness of their city more around the world than Manchester United.

There is little the city is known for other than United.

Fry

United started flogging 'match day VIP' tickets on the radio last season. Heard the advert loads on TalkSPORT. Mentioned about having a meal, maybe meeting a United legend all before taking your seat in theatre of dreams...

ib0yxFCmv66yJn.gif

immy

Banned
While I admit I find the 600 million fans figure dubious I do believe that no other club has raised the awareness of their city more around the world than Manchester United.

What about lolerpool

Hospitality packages haven't been selling our for years now. No surprise either, over £100 a pop, crazy prices when people can get normal tickets for less than that.

Those are the first tickets which you fail to sell as their the most expensive..that isn't surprising I don't think. The ground has a lot of hospitality seating too. And typically the hospitality seats aren't the ones bought by the fans who would be against the club, rich business men or firms tend to buy them up.

United fans voting with their feet...well, the main exodus of season ticket renewals was 2 years ago. I wouldn't say we have though, the Glazers are still rinsing us. I think you should go for the "stupid naive fans funding the people draining their club" line instead.

In before it's not actually in Manchester ahahaha

Arnie

Don't know if it's been posted but the Guardian are running a story about AVB wasting no time at Spurs by targeting Moutinho. I know it was heavily rumoured but this does make the move seem a little more credible. Would be a great replacement for Modric from what I've seen.

It's all good news for Spurs recently, I don't like it. AVB, training facility, Gylfi, Moutinho, no doubt a couple of strikers and rumours about a takeover.

Manchester and music = synonymous.

Best musical town of all time.
I went to see The Music in Manchester a few years ago; good band.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Balotelli 'I want paternity test'

“Even if I would’ve preferred not to talk about my private life in public, I find myself forced to intervene in order to clarify, once and for all, my relationship with Raffaella Fico.

“Our relationship concluded at the end of April and since then we have not seen each other nor had contact.

“I have no longer had anything to do with her life and Raffaella has no longer had anything to do with my life. Raffaella knows full well that from the moment we split up, I did not have and do not have any intention of getting back together with her.

“In any case, out of respect for everything we had together, I never wanted to talk about her, not even when false things were said and written.

“A few days ago I heard from a third party that Raffaella was pregnant. Because of this, I decided to contact her and only after my question asking if she was pregnant did she confirm it was true.

“I am very disappointed, as I don’t think it’s normal to not let someone know until the fourth month. I don’t understand why she didn’t contact me immediately to tell me something so important.

“I will take responsibility when I have proof of my paternity. I am very irritated that this matter has been monetised by selling photographs and interviews.

“I think Raffaella is famous enough that she doesn’t have to use this story for publicity purposes too. This is the first and last time I will talk about this in public and so I have no intention of giving a response, regardless of what Raffaella says or writes.”

ATF487

Yep.

The Fall, New Order/Joy Division, the Smiths/Morrissey, Buzzcocks/Magazine, Chameleons, Elbow, Doves, Badly Drawn Boy's two good albums...

I always think the Swell Maps were Mancs but they're from Birmingham

Meier

I went to see The Music in Manchester a few years ago; good band.

Welcome to the North is a great, great album. They're a bit hit or miss outside that but Take the Long Road and Walk It was a great track off the debut.

Awesome art design for their album covers and disc art!

Haha so saw Copenhagen had some stupid flash game where it would reveal one new pixel of the new shirt for every time someone succeeded in the game. Couldn't help but decompiled that bitch, took less than a minute.

idaPBnoxBNwvH.jpg

I'm alright with that, pretty simple but whatever. Better than Kappa at least.

Meier

Yep.

The Fall, New Order/Joy Division, the Smiths/Morrissey, Buzzcocks/Magazine, Chameleons, Elbow, Doves, Badly Drawn Boy's two good albums...

You left out the two best bands from the city (oasis and The Stone Roses). And Happy fucking Mondays! (amongst many others)

I'm a big fan of Embrace too.

Music for sure has been great, I'm not sure how many people actually know that their favourite band is from Manchester though, as in, those fans across the world. I reckon football, until now with United and now slowly with City also is the cities biggest claim to fame.

Whilst the city has had good bands I am not sure it has had any truly great and historic bands like The Beatles. The Smiths maybe is the closest?

Don't know if it's been posted but the Guardian are running a story about AVB wasting no time at Spurs by targeting Moutinho. I know it was heavily rumoured but this does make the move seem a little more credible. Would be a great replacement for Modric from what I've seen.

It's all good news for Spurs recently, I don't like it. AVB, training facility, Gylfi, Moutinho, no doubt a couple of strikers and rumours about a takeover.
RI who are very much on the ball with United have said they know for certain that Moutinho has been approached by the club but that for now his first choice is still Spurs. Good news for them indeed.

Can we use it like them from that London do?

Caaaaaant
This always gets me, it's only East Londoners who talk like that,

Arnie

Welcome to the North is a great, great album. They're a bit hit or miss outside that but Take the Long Road and Walk It was a great track off the debut.

Awesome art design for their album covers and disc art!

Yea 'Welcome to the North' gets me a bit hard, especially in the Moho in Manchester where the ceiling's really low and the amps are cranked up. I first saw them supporting The View but I thought they were more than good enough to justify going to see them on their own.

Eric Cantona said:
I feel close to the rebelliousness and vigour of the youth here. Perhaps time will separate us, but nobody can deny that here, behind the windows of Manchester, there is an insane love of football, of celebration and of music.

This is a great quote from King Eric about the city. God how we could do with somebody like Eric now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom