• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

9PD31.gif

No, and what is the more roundly demeaning, I am in the closing stages of an astoundingly workmanlike Ian Rankin book.

Someone else's library selection; I grabbed it in a weak moment. I did go and hear Rankin speak a few months back, though, and he's a fine chap.

I've gotten into the habit of putting down a book these days, if it doesn't grab me in the opening fifty. I read the ending to make sure, yes, this isn't worth the effort, then I move on. Realized that I'm - optimistically - a quarter way through my life, and there's only so many books I can read. Ha, the sheltered Australian version of brushing mortality.

Ashes

Banned
I'm with you, I'd rather be circumcised with a six inch rusted nail than be a united fan

Why do you have a boy's penis on your brain?

or are your just trying to be clever, and incorporate a subtle reference to penis envy?

No, no you're not clever.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Gylfi Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim. Welcome to Spurs, Gylfi!

kramer.gif

Now please don't sell Van Der Vaart. If we did that I would consider cutting myself.

Cuddler

Sooo...articles about Carroll and Milan are starting to go up on Italians site...apparently the Daily Mail has fixed the price for Carroll...35m£
ahahahah

GorillaJu

Hypothetical:

Your gf/SO has taken to salsa dancing: she enjoys doing it, but part of it is dancing with other men. You don't want to take the lessons with her. She offers to quit if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

What do you do?

Also, Gylfi is dead to me. /suicide

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hypothetical:

Your gf/SO has taken to salsa dancing: she enjoys doing it, but part of it is dancing with other men. You don't want to take the lessons with her. She offers to quit if it makes you feel uncomfortable.
What do you do?

She clearly wants you to take the lessons with her.

Do it.

Salsa with other straight men can be quite sensual/sexual :p

Mastadon

Banned
Hypothetical:

What do you do?

Why would it matter if she's dancing with other men? Sounds like you have trust issues bro.

What a smash and grab by Spurs!

Slowest smash & grab of all time

Re: Sigurdsson, its the right move for him. We can't expect to come 7th, 6th and 8th, offer less wages, and still fend off clubs who are in for the same players as us when they've clearly outperformed us for the last 3 years. But hey, we won the Carling Cup so last season was great ¬¬

Hypothetical:

What do you do?

This isn't hypothetical is it. I wouldn't stop her doing something she enjoyed unless there was a solid reason why I felt uncomfortable!

I'd imagine salsa makes a girl a bit more fiery in the bedroom anyway.

Arnie

Finally, confirmation. At least we can be sure we're moving onto new targets, especially with Maxi seemingly on his way out.

GorillaJu

Why would it matter if she's dancing with other men? Sounds like you have trust issues bro.

It's hypothetical. She's been doing it for almost a year and I've never complained because it doesn't bother me. I don't have a firm opinion - I told her I don't care what she does, but I don't think I'd enjoy watching it. Would feel like being cuckolded.

I just brought it up since there's a bbq event this weekend with her class and they're gonna do a performance. Can't decide if I want to go or not.

Kyoufu

It's hypothetical. She's been doing it for almost a year and I've never complained because it doesn't bother me. I don't have a firm opinion - I told her I don't care what she does, but I don't think I'd enjoy watching it. Would feel like being cuckolded.

I just brought it up since there's a bbq event this weekend with her class and they're gonna do a performance. Can't decide if I want to go or not.

I suggest watching Dirty Dancing.

Go. If anything, it'll give you a firm opinion of whether you do have a problem or not.

dc89

Does she want you to go?

Oh c'mon man, go watch your girlfriend at the bbq. It's clearly something she enjoys, she probably just wants you to see how good she has gotten. I doubt she wants you there so you can sit and watch other men slap her arse.

Even if it does make you feel a bit weird just suck it up and smile, it's really not a big deal!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Definitely go then!

Why aren't you on twitter-GAF btw?
I know you're on twitter you bitch

Willkiller said:
I doubt she wants you there so you can sit and watch other men slap her arse.

They can slap her arse all they want, he's the one going home with her ;)

Oh c'mon man, go watch your girlfriend at the bbq. It's clearly something she enjoys, she probably just wants you to see how good she has gotten. I doubt she wants you there so you can sit and watch other men slap her arse.

Even if it does make you feel a bit weird just suck it up and smile, it's really not a big deal!
:lololol

Definitely go then!

Why aren't you on twitter-GAF btw?
I know you're on twitter you bitch
He's definitely on there he just doesn't wanna be friends :(

Finally, confirmation. At least we can be sure we're moving onto new targets, especially with Maxi seemingly on his way out.

I've got a feeling we ain't gonna like this overhaul. I can't believe Aquilani's future hasn't been sorted. That is a huge hole in the squad that could be filled by a player already contracted to us. How hard can it be to get a straight answer from him as to whether he'd accept being at Liverpool next season. Another loan is out of the question, I'd rather sell him for 5 million now than have yet another club pissing about with appearance remits

GorillaJu

Does she want you to go?

She invited me, she wants me there because she likes being with me, like any good girlfriend would. I asked if she was gonna dance with other dudes and she said "Well... of course."

Still think it'd be hard to sit on the sidelines, so to speak, while some old dude rapes my gf with his eyes and pops a nasty hard on. I mean, would YOU want to see that?!

I've got a feeling we ain't gonna like this overhaul. I can't believe Aquilani's future hasn't been sorted. That is a huge hole in the squad that could be filled by a player already contracted to us. How hard can it be to get a straight answer from him as to whether he'd accept being at Liverpool next season. Another loan is out of the question, I'd rather sell him for 5 million now than have yet another club pissing about with appearance remits

People's reactions are all over the place right now, but the reality is that no one has any fucking idea what's going on. I'm cool to sit and wait a bit.

Ashes

Banned

Salsa's not to bad. There are a few others that eh throw up the sex/factor. And you might want to try at home... :p

On a separate issue, I don't mind sex scenes, but sometimes I do wonder, about the actors other halves. That's some guy kissing your wife's tits. Alright they are pretending to, but they actually are.

Salazar

lol at American-GAF in that thread pretending that some uniform manly objection to diving is the reason football "hasn't caught on".

Kyoufu

Salsa's not to bad. There are a few others that eh throw up the sex/factor. And you might want to try at home... :p

On a separate issue, I don't mind sex scenes, but sometimes I do wonder, about the actors other halves. That's some guy kissing your wife's tits. Alright they are pretending to, but they actually are.

This is why actors and actresses marry each other so sex scenes in movies are fair game.

lol at American-GAF in that thread pretending that some uniform manly objection to diving is the reason football "hasn't caught on".

Yeah I saw that and called it out lol

Hypothetical:

What do you do?

Don't worry, it's not like she's one "accidental" kiss away from eloping to Latin America.

But if you want to go the insecure route: Make her quit. She reassures you it's no big deal. Resentment builds up. The break up comes along in a number of months. Liverpool stay out of the top four. United wins the league.

Or: You man up and dance. The sex is amazing.

dc89

She invited me, she wants me there because she likes being with me, like any good girlfriend would. I asked if she was gonna dance with other dudes and she said "Well... of course."

Still think it'd be hard to sit on the sidelines, so to speak, while some old dude rapes my gf with his eyes and pops a nasty hard on. I mean, would YOU want to see that?!

I'd go.

The least you can do is sit there and just like Dumb and Dumber pretend your shooting the guy with a revolver.

Arnie

I've got a feeling that Rodgers wants him, and that we'll end up keeping him. The reason it isn't sorted is because Rodgers will want to assess him firsthand during pre-season. The first thing he looks for in a player is technique, by his own admission, and technically Aquilani is magnificent. If he puts in similar performances to last year I cannot see a reason why we'd ship him out when we've got the likes of Spearing and Adam on the books. For Rodgers he's a huge asset, considering how he wants us to play.

All talk from his agent indicates he's willing to play a part at Anfield as long as he's wanted, and I believe he is.

Would be interesting to see him play against Spurs on the 28th, especially if Spurs play Gylfi against us. I'm imagining some revenge plot, directed by Morsel, where Lucas marks Gylfi out of the game, and Aquilani makes AVB's high line look foolish by zipping passes through to an on rushing Raheem Sterling.

People's reactions are all over the place right now, but the reality is that no one has any fucking idea what's going on. I'm cool to sit and wait a bit.

Waiting for transfers I can live with. Its been 6 weeks(?) though since Milan's season ended, and we're still no closer to finding out whether a potentially important cog in our machine is up for a proper season in the Premier League.

edit: Fair point on Rodgers waiting for preseason. Pissed me off last year when he was our best player throughout preseason, then next thing you knw he's gone running off to Italy yet again

GorillaJu

Waiting for transfers I can live with. Its been 6 weeks(?) though since Milan's season ended, and we're still no closer to finding out whether a potentially important cog in our machine is up for a proper season in the Premier League.

edit: Fair point on Rodgers waiting for preseason. Pissed me off last year when he was our best player throughout preseason, then next thing you knw he's gone running off to Italy yet again

Because his agent is running his mouth in the press again? I'm content believing that the actual staff has a much keener idea about what's going on. I think we're in good hands.

It drove me nuts last preseason too. I thought he'd stay for sure. He was definitely our best preseason player and it made absolutely no sense to get rid of him to rely on Charlie Adam to be our one playmaking CM. Baffling decision by Comolli and Kenny.

It's mostly the eye-raping that bothers me. I see some dude making eye contact with my precious little gf and my blood will start to boil. Exaggeration, but it's the general feeling of being a bystander to something that doesn't involve me. Been with this ladyfriend for over 2 years and marriage is probably on the cards, though not rushing, obviously. There are no issues between us, it's an issue of pride, I'd think, more than anything.

Sex scenes in movies/plays ruin relationships, I know that for sure. It seems to be a little less prevalent when it's a male doing the scene - my friend is an actor and his wife still has the hots for him like a squealing little school girl, and she doesn't mind at all when he does plays with nude scenes or sex scenes. He gets away with it, but I don't think he'd be so willing to sit idly by while she does the same.

Salazar

Got to tell you, morsel.

Finding it hard to reach critical sympathy mass when your big problem is your gf having salsa classes.

My own romantic existence is like a Venkys spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom