• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genoa President Enrico Preziosi on Destro “if a team offers 10 and Inter nine, I will give him to Inter"

FUCK YOU Preziosi.

Why the hell did we give them Ciro Immobile again? Udinese deserve him more.

Az

I like Dzeko too!

<3

How can you not. This is what he's doing on his vacation. At an orphanage.
AwAH659CEAIzK87.jpg

Blablurn

what i hate about football manager: i won the league with bayern 4 years in a row. but i always lose in the national cup competition and in the champions league :/ Buying Pato was the best idea ever though. He's sooo good!

Fry

I'm just putting this out there but last week, Fry8 said Taken 2 would flop...

I indeed didn't have a lot of faith, but that was before seeing the trailer. :x

Fry8 said Ibra is the best striker in the world. No one should take her seriously anymore, crazy Brazilian model.

LIESSSSS

I said Ibra was one of the best strikers in the world (I was making a point in the Ibra/Villa discussion). Mario Gomez is the best one. (haters)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Angelo Di Livio said this in an interview days ago about Borini: Roma don't want him and Parma have a deal in place with a big club (Liverpool?)

Yenrot said:
Adam Digby, some Serie A journalist, said it's blind auction, and all the bids have been placed.

Yeah we'll know by tomorrow!

Adam is reliable. (his opinions on players are not)

Edit: Here we go!

Borini is co-owned by Roma and Parma, who failed to reach a deal over the remaining 50 per cent of his contract.

They also couldn&#8217;t strike a bargain on renewing the co-ownership situation, so the matter will go to a blind auction.

That means each club places a figure in a sealed envelope and the highest offer wins. The envelopes are opened at 10.00 UK time on Saturday morning.

There are already reports that Roma placed a &#8364;5m offer for half the Italian international striker, but Parma may well have the upper hand.

This is also because Liverpool are thought to be interested in buying Borini off Parma this summer.

Yen

Angelo Di Livio in an interview about Borini: Roma don't want him and Parma have a deal in place with a big club (Liverpool?)

Adam Digby, some Serie A journalist, said it's blind auction, and all the bids have been placed.

Rad-

ITV Football
&#8207;@itvfootball

Luka Modric has agreed to join Real Madrid, Marca reporting &#8234;#thfc&#8236;

lulz

Another Madrid like signing. No need for him there, they got Sahin who is similar and potential to be better than Modric.

dc89

How can you not. This is what he's doing on his vacation. At an orphanage.
AwAH659CEAIzK87.jpg

He's so genuine and down to earth.

Some of my favourite moments from Inside City contain Dzeko. In one he has to record a small video for someone who won a prize, but he keeps laughing cause people are watching, so he demands them all to get out of the room.

Clegg

Tiote and Cabaye :p

Strootman, Modric, Rodriguez

Well it looks like Modric is gone. Tiote and Cabaye seem unlikely too.

That would leave Strootman and Rodriguez.

But Rodriguez is at present a wide player. I've heard that coaches at Porto believe he will eventually play in a more central area. But right now he's a winger and United already have 3 wingers. We've signed Kagawa who will play in the central position which means Rodriguez would have limited playing time there too.

United would have to sell someone in order to guarantee more playing time for Rodriguez.

Rad-

But Rodriguez is at present a wide player. I've heard that coaches at Porto believe he will eventually play in a more central area. But right now he's a winger and United already have 3 wingers. We've signed Kagawa who will play in the central position which means Rodriguez would have limited playing time there too.

United would have to sell someone in order to guarantee more playing time for Rodriguez.

I'm pretty sure Strootman rumours were fully madeup.

Rodriguez is probably plan B if Nani doesn't write a new contract.

Clegg

James Rodriguez from Porto, though twitter bollocks is saying we're considering making a £23 million bid for him.

Twitter rumours also say that Liverpool has a budget of £35m at most.

I'd take anything off twitter with a tremendous amount of skepticism.

dc89

Twitter rumours also say that Liverpool has a budget of £35m at most.

I'd take anything off twitter with a tremendous amount of skepticism.

Unless you follow the right people. Some people do actually know what goes on at clubs, but they are very few and far between.

Pro tip = people like @AgentITK (dunno if that handle exists) are bullshit, but that doesn't mean everyone talks bull.

K1LLER7

Yeah, though I think Nani could be leaving. Hope he doesn't but if he does then we'll probably make a move for Rodriguez. With the way Nani's played in the Euro's, his price tag should be around 35m, and if someone bids around that amount, I think United would sell.

I'd like diarra over Khedira. Never been impressed by him when he play and Diarra seems more solid defensively.

dc89

I also can't wait for City to get some new players in.

Fausto Salsano - first team coach said:
"Our squad is competitive and we will reinforce in midfield and further in front, with a few wingers who have different characteristics. The objective is three or four important players to add to an already strong side."

I need some days to celebrate! Happy Kagaday to United by the way.

K1LLER7

As an extra to warm the bench or something? :p

With the money United has they surely can afford a better player.
If he plays as a CM, he'll play ahead of Cleverly (sorry Salazar :p) and scholes. Anderson will probably leave or play and get injured during the first 10 games. Not too sure of what Fergie does with Powell though.

Money wise United tend not to spend big on players, last was Berbatov 4 years ago(?).

Rad-

As an extra to warm the bench or something? :p

With the money United has they surely can afford a better player.

There's not many Keane-like players out there. Strootman is one apparently. Someone like Marchisio is similar and better than Strootman but I seriously doubt Juve would sell him.

dc89

If he plays as a CM, he'll play ahead of Cleverly (sorry Salazar :p) and scholes. Anderson will probably leave or play and get injured during the first 10 games. Not too sure of what Fergie does with Powell though.

With Owen gone and Berba looking likely to go there is some space on the bench and one executive box in the stands.

Linius

I've seen him play some decent matches in the Eredivisie. But I seriously doubt he will be good enough to satisfy you guys in the premier league. I think he will be the next Castaignos or Drenthe. Time will tell I guess.

Clegg

Rodriguez is a good winger and Liverpool are desperately crying out for one of those. He's also young with a lot of potential so that would please the owners too.

It makes a lot of sense if Liverpool were to bid for him. If only the source of this rumour wasn't from twitter...

K1LLER7

I've seen him play some decent matches in the Eredivisie. But I seriously doubt he will be good enough to satisfy you guys in the premier league. I think he will be the next Castaignos or Drenthe. Time will tell I guess.
I've not seen much of him, was hoping he'd play for Netherlands in the euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom