• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how people enjoyed Fast Five. It's a terrible film and Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are terrible actors. It's also way too long for a film like that.

Clegg

The parallels with Alonso are evident. Just replace him better than we did Alonso; as much as I rate Aquilani, it was a disaster buying an injured player.

It's better than Scarface. I aint even joking.

Scarface isn't that good though.

And Bungie is 100% right about Fast 5.

Arnie

@arnie: the fuck? Lol.

See: Wilbury.

Scarface is 80% wank. It's a bad film dressed up by a good performance from Pacino. Not too dissimilar to Taken really, but Taken isn't hyped to the heavens and people can appreciate it's enjoyable slosh.

I bet if Taken was an hour longer than it needed to be, and if it had some pseudo documentary intro people might think of it on a par to Scarface.

I don't understand how people enjoyed Fast Five. It's a terrible film and Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are terrible actors. It's also way too long for a film like that.
Me and my friends were literally laughing out loud in the cinema; mostly at The Rock's performance. There's a bit where he smacks a folder out of a women's hand that's so comical.

Ashes

Banned
Not so sure about that. He has had some awful moments in the final third for sure but he has also been one of the few England players who have been pressing for every minute to get possession back. If anything I think he has been a bit undervalued by most observers.

While we are at it, I am pleased Welbeck has been improving. I was not impressed the first game with him at all, but he has been growing into the tournament imho.

Hmm. Will keep an eye out for this. I rate his performances thus far, as a right sided winger: 4/10.

Az

So, I don't usually follow the transfer market too much during off season but is it slow right now due to the EURO or am I supposed to expect a last minute wave? There is about two months until the EPL starts and it seems like not much is happening. Maybe I am just missing it.

Wilbur

Banned
I feel old. Scarface is 80% wank? Smh. I guess opinions can't be wrong, all things being subjective.

God, it really is. Overlong, mediocre script, poor acting... I have no idea why it's a classic. But yeah, opinions and whatnot.

Scarface isn't that good though.

And Bungie is 100% right about Fast 5.

I thought it was far too long but it was so entertaining. The Rock was fantastic, and there was enough action sequences that I just ignored all the dialogue. When I bought it I got it onto my computer and cut half an hour out of it so it's literally just the plot and action. No more boring shit about their dads, and long ass talking. It's the greatest film of all time and I'm a master editor.

elsk

Banned
So, I don't usually follow the transfer market too much during off season but is it slow right now due to the EURO or am I supposed to expect a last minute wave? There is about two months until the EPL starts and it seems like not much is happening. Maybe I am just missing it.

Players don't usually announce or sign contracts when in the EURO. You'll have to wait until it ends to see more transfers happening.

bjaelke

EURO + window doesn't open for another 9 days.

Kyoufu

When the Euros are over you can expect everyone from your favourite club to move to Man City/Chelsea.

Yep it's slow due to the Euros.

No one cares about silly transfers anyway

Az

Makes sense. Also Kyoufu, my favorite is already at City, even though I preferred Arsenal. =(

Dzeko

Wilbur

Banned
Nicolas Cage is the only actor in the world that is incredible in so many films, yet so fucking shit in many more. A lot of actors might be in bad films but be alright, or be fantastic in one film and shit in everything else, but he's been brilliant in so much and dire in even more.

Odd man.

Kagawa leaving after (hopefully) passing his medical

Av_y6ekCQAAVoXo.jpg

<3

Don't worry. Fergie knows where the doctors live.

Az

I like Dzeko, despite the criticism he gets here. Doesn't start enough games IMO.

Definitely. Met him in Chicago and talked to him for a bit, really nice guy. Not as tall as I thought, but staning next to Aguero and Silva will make you a giant.

Nonsense ;) There's Misimovic, Lulic (one of the best last season) and Pjanic!

Real shame, I wanted to see them in the Euros :/

Oh of course, but unless you are a football freak those names will barely spark attention =). Btw, Pjanic is the nicest football player I've ever met.

I am ready to book my ticket to Brazil though ;)

Nicolas Cage is the only actor in the world that is incredible in so many films, yet so fucking shit in many more. A lot of actors might be in bad films but be alright, or be fantastic in one film and shit in everything else, but he's been brilliant in so much and dire in even more.

Odd man.

He brings the same enthusiasm to bad material as he does good material. Most actors would tone it down, try and ground a piece of crap script, but Nic Cage doesn't play that game. In for a Raising Arizona, in for a Ghost Rider.

bjaelke

ITV Football
&#8207;@itvfootball

Luka Modric has agreed to join Real Madrid, Marca reporting &#8234;#thfc&#8236;

lulz

Lord of War is one of his best. So fucking good.

Leaving Las Vegas was him at his best. He was pretty good in Adaption as well (although if you haven't seen it and I told you Nic Cage plays two parts then you'd never believe me!). But compare that to how bad he is in The Wicker Man...

Wilbur

Banned
He brings the same enthusiasm to bad material as he does good material. Most actors would tone it down, try and ground a piece of crap script, but Nic Cage doesn't play that game. In for a Raising Arizona, in for a Ghost Rider.

Oh you're certainly right, but sometimes it hinders it. I don't know how but as hilarious as he is in The Wicker Man, he's still fucking horrendously bad in it and makes the film worse (and better?). He's fantastic in a number of things though; Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Bad Lieutenant, The Rock...

ITV Football
&#8207;@itvfootball

lulz

Pointless signing if true, doubt it right now though. Alonso, Granero, Khedira, Modric, Sahin, Diarra, Gago...

Clegg

ITV Football
&#8207;@itvfootball

lulz

Read this on Twitter.

United were never going to get him once Madrid entered the race imo.

Hopefully SAF is actually still on the lookout for a CM.

I'm assuming this story is true btw.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pointless signing if true, doubt it right now though. Alonso, Granero, Khedira, Modric, Sahin, Diarra, Gago...

Several of those players will go. Sucks for Khedira though, he was becoming quite good and now he is to be usurped by Modric.

Hardly the first pointless signing Madrid have made, they always have a bloated squad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nicolas Cage is kinda like Sneijder, had one or two good movies and the rest are just mediocre/shit.

Hixx

So according to ITV, according to Marca, Modric is going to Real?

Fucking twitter.

Anyway I got Mad Men season 1 on blu ray yesterday. It's decent, only onto the 4th episode. Still not sure whether Pete Campbell annoys me or if I feel a bit sorry for him.

Wilbur

Banned
He's not going to United Wilbury. Let it go!

At least he'll make me some money

modrichf6ghy.gif

Meh. Madrid don't need him unless they push him up alongside Ozil and Ronaldo, but then that means moving Ozil out wide and leaving out Di Maria. Silly if you ask me.

Several of those players will go. Sucks for Khedira though, he was becoming quite good and now he is to be usurped by Modric.

Hardly the first pointless signing Madrid have made, they always have a bloated squad.

Yeah I know but getting a few of them on massive wages to go will be a mission in itself. Khedira is perfect alongside Alonso, don't see how Modric and Alonso will necessarily work under Mourinho's game plan.

Sahin, it is time. Come to us baby

Blablurn

i love those movies :/ i also loved Fast Five. i don't know. i just dig the atmosphere between all those guys. yeah, u can say it my guilty pleasure. i watched tokyo drift alone a shitton of times :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom