• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Maradona has been sacked.

Al Wasl finished in eighth position in the league, while they lost the Gulf Clubs Championship final on penalties and crashed out of the President's and Emirates Cups in the quarter-finals.

Niiiiiiice. You guys live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world <3

Dammit. A month too late. Lambert OUT! El Diego IN!

Lightning

Banned
I fucking hope the Arsenal board is not dumb enough to offer RVP a massive contract after all that has transpired. that would be about the worst possible outcome to this situation; even letting him go on a free would be better than giving his injury-prone ass a big deal. force a move to Juve, or take the money from City and be done with it. I'm sick of hearing about this asshole.
I honestly don't think we will be offering him a huge pay check. I just can't see it but I too hope it doesn't happen. I want him to resign but on a normal contract not a bloated contract set to satisfy his ego. And seriously, if he doesn't want to be here and is not committed to our club then we should off load him so that he can spend half a season on someone else's treatment bench.

Bring in a younger player, around 22-24 and I'll be happy.

Meier

Funny story I came across via Google News. I imagine similar things are done for all clubs although perhaps not quite as lavish.

Sleepy Man City fail to silence Austrian church bells
VIENNA (Reuters) - English Premier League champions Manchester City tried to silence the bells of a 13th century church so they could sleep longer at their Tyrolean mountain training camp but failed to persuade the authorities to agree to the request.

"They tried to have it put back from 8 until 10 in the morning but they didn't succeed," said a local official in the Austrian village of Seefeld, near Innsbruck.

The official said the 12-day training camp had been three months in the planning as a delegation of 10 from the team's staff organised every detail from security to diet and sleeping arrangements.

Rooms at the Klosterbraeu hotel were kitted out with special mattresses flown in from Rome at a cost of 1,000 euros ($1,200) each. The 1.91 metre-tall (6'3") Yaya Toure had to have an extra-long mattress specially made.

The team, managed by Italian Roberto Mancini, flew in their own Italian chef to supervise kitchen staff in the preparation of pasta-heavy, low-fat meals.

The players are allowed no butter, ketchup or sauces, and items on the dining tables must be arranged in a particular way.

The region is popular with sports teams as its 1,200 metres altitude makes training more effective and the journey to Innsbruck airport is short, with all local amenities reachable on foot.

After three training sessions and two meals per day, punctuated by massages, the players have free time after 2100 and are popular with locals and tourists who crowd around the hotel entrance, the official said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-uk-soccer-mancity-bellsbre8690zt-20120710,0,918588.story

Found another story that goes into additional details at the Mirror: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/exclusive-details-of-manchester-citys-5-star-1138101
There are four football training camps in the region, with Dynamo Kiev, FC Energie Cottbus and Alania Vladikavkaz among the other teams visiting this summer.

And in the four-star hotel right next door to City, the stars of French League side Monaco are staying.

Some of the teams get paid to set up their summer camp in the area, as tourism chiefs see the benefits of the publicity. However, that's not the case with City.

Mr Seyring said: "They are paying their bills themselves, flights, pitch, hotels. it would probably be &#8364;250,000 in total.

"They pay because they know for sure what they getting."

But there was one thing that even one of the richest football teams in the world couldn't arrange - the church bells being silenced.

Mr Seyring said: "They wanted to ask the priest to switch off the bells of the church attached to the hotel.

"The bells are ringing at 7 in the morning, 8 in the morning, and 9 in the morning.

"However, I couldn't convince the priest - perhaps if he gets an autograph he'll stop for a few days."
Apparently the proprietor wears lederhosen and the female employees dress straight out of the Sound of Music. :lol

Linius

I remember my parents coming back from Turkey, hadn't slept a good night because of the mosks getting up so early with the morning prayer :p

Seems like a tight regime for those City players.

Kyoufu

I'm going through muppet withdrawals right now.

Someone sign a player ffs.

And people say I'm whining when I go through muppet withdrawals...

WE HAVENT SIGNED ANYONE

We've sold like 4 players.

NO FIRST TEAM SIGNINGS

UGGGGGGGGHHH

at least you got Kagawa.

jtb

Banned
Twitter saying Addidas is set to be the new Arsenal kit supplier starting 13/14 season. hopefully this is the beginning of a rise in commercial revenue for the club; the long term deals in place with the Emirates have been holding the club back financially. now, whether that money will be spent...

Clegg

Lucas to United isn't outside the realms of possibility. We know that SAF was after Hazard and Kagawa. Its clear that he wants more pace and directness in attack. If he deems Lucas to be good enough then I think we'll go for him.

Thats assuming this United delegation story is true and we're actually interested in him. But I'm 95% sure its rubbish.

elseanio

Damn guys. The last night with my mate Loki. He has a tumor in his head and is getting put to sleep tomorrow :(

Devastated, he's been around for the past 11 years (was his birthday last week!). Spoilt him loads today, gonna miss him

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

Twitter saying Addidas is set to be the new Arsenal kit supplier starting 13/14 season. hopefully this is the beginning of a rise in commercial revenue for the club; the long term deals in place with the Emirates have been holding the club back financially. now, whether that money will be spent...
I don't think the difference between Nike and Adidas will be that big. I've always figured that Nike was the bigger company but I could be wrong of course.

Linius

Damn guys. The last night with my mate Loki. He has a tumor in his head and is getting put to sleep tomorrow :(

Devastated, he's been around for the past 11 years (was his birthday last week!). Spoilt him loads today, gonna miss him

Aaaw man, that sucks big time :(

Been there myself with my cat a couple of years a go, I know that feel :(

Arjen

If it wasn't for that forum I'd never heard of Gaf. I guess I could manage to enjoy them both the same amount :p

Don't feel bad Footeygaf, love it here.

And you sir are spending too much time in Footey gaf looking at the current post count :p

What forum is that? Fok! ?

kharma45

Lucas to United isn't outside the realms of possibility. We know that SAF was after Hazard and Kagawa. Its clear that he wants more pace and directness in attack. If he deems Lucas to be good enough then I think we'll go for him.

Thats assuming this United delegation story is true and we're actually interested in him. But I'm 95% sure its rubbish.

We've signed Kagawa, I don't see us signing him unless we sell Nani.

Linius

What forum is that? Fok! ?
Nah man :p

Insidegamer. There quite a few folks from there overhere. Since the new wave of juniors three or four extra I believe :p

I do actually have a troll account at Fok for boring times. Calling myself 'paard in de wei', just for lulz.

Lightning

Banned
This would be excellent news. I personally cannot wait until the deal with emirates is over and we get a much better commercial deal in place. Necessary at the time but now we need to move on.

I don't think the difference between Nike and Adidas will be that big. I've always figured that Nike was the bigger company but I could be wrong of course.
I doubt it will be that big as well but it does show that management are at least trying to increase our commercial income which is lacking in a big way.

Hixx

[im.g]http://i.minus.com/ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG[/img]

Posts like this always make me feel sick, makes me wonder how long my dogs have left... dunno wtf I'll do when the time comes...

Still, sorry to hear, can't imagine how gutted you are..

jtb

Banned

it's more that there will be competition for once and we won't be locked into 05/06 (I forget when the deals were signed) prices, especially since money from kit deals have gone up considerably since then. that's why clubs like Tottenham and Liverpool, even when they're not with a traditionally big kit company, can get a big deal despite consistently finishing below Arsenal, missing out on CL football, etc.

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

Remember that his life was better for you being in it :)

All you can do with a pet is make their life better with you than it would be without you. I hope that's how my cat feels, but you never know with them

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

|OT13| The summer transfers have been way to Loki :(

(it's supposed to sound like low key) I'm sorry for your loss elseanio. Pets often transcend simple friendships. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Remember that his life was better for you being in it :)

All you can do with a pet is make their life better with you than it would be without you. I hope that's how my cat feels, but you never know with them

Sean is awesome, I wouldn't mind being his pet to be honest.

I'm sorry to hear that mate. 11 years is not too bad for a dog really!

kharma45

There are rumours Anderson could be offered with cash so it could be a possibility. Wouldn't be surprised if Fergie try's Kagawa at CM.

More chance imo of Anderson being used in a deal either for Witsel or Moutinho, Moura is overvalued at £30m no matter how good he looks in YouTube videos considering he's 19 and hasn't achieved anything.

rodvik

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

Sorry man. Thats hard.

pulga

Banned
Just wanted to come in here and say fuck Verratti and fuck Napoli and potentially fuck Fiore.

oh and as always, fuck inter.

K1LLER7

More chance imo of Anderson being used in a deal either for Witsel or Moutinho, Moura is overvalued at £30m no matter how good he looks in YouTube videos considering he's 19 and hasn't achieved anything.
True. I think Moutinho is more likely to be on his way to Spurs if Modric leaves. Not seen much of Witsel but he played well in the CL last season.

Garjon

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

Damn, sorry man. Enjoy your last day with him.

Carbonox

Some rich Arabs have been going to buy nufc for about a decade tho

Yeah I'm not putting any faith in it becoming a reality anytime soon.

What a sorry state the sport is when fans are clamouring for rich sugar daddy Arab lords of the universe to come in and give them the biggest players in the world.

Meier

Hope Solo tests positive for banned diuretic?

Yeah, I heard that in the car this morning. Supposedly her personal physician suggested something that was meant to help with pre-menstrual issues. The female radio host guessed it could have been something to combat bloating/pain.

The USADA just gave her a warning though apparently.

I'm going through muppet withdrawals right now.

Someone sign a player ffs.

Moura reports are rubbish.

United could sign a player this week though. Think it's gonna be Baines.

elseanio

Thanks everyone. Today has been hard, but I've know this has been coming (been treating him for a while now)

His quality of life just isn't great any more, so we made the decision it's time for him to go peacefully.

dc89

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

After reading this I feel genuinely sad.

I don't even know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom