• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Maradona sacked from his club, lol.

Swansea loans Jonathan de Guzman. I think he could do well with them.

Sorry about your dog, elseanio.

I know Borini was good with Roma last season, but did anyone watche their games regularly? What kind of player is he? Striker that taps the ball in, or is he involved a lot in the build up?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just wanted to come in here and say fuck Verratti and fuck Napoli and potentially fuck Fiore.

oh and as always, fuck inter.
A half-hearted fuck Verratti. :( We shouldn't blame him.

Hope Solo tests positive for banned diuretic?

She's a keeper does it really matter if she *google*....pees more?
Pofzr.gif

Clegg

Moura reports are rubbish.

United could sign a player this week though. Think it's gonna be Baines.

I'd be happy with Baines. He's a better defender right now and is more productive going forward. His signing might spur Evra into action. Having two leftbacks in good form is always a good thing.

TBH I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed Baines and nded our Summer spending after that. I can't see Moutinho coming to United so the signing for CM will need to be put off until next summer when Giggs and Scholes have retired.

Kyoufu

The Kuwaiti is worth 12 billion? That's more than Roman......

WE'RE WINNING THE LEEEEEAGUE

JUST KIDDING WE CANT SIGN A FUCKING FREE TRANSFER

K1LLER7

I'd be happy with Baines. He's a better defender right now and is more productive going forward. His signing might spur Evra into action. Having two leftbacks in good form is always a good thing.

TBH I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed Baines and nded our Summer spending after that. I can't see Moutinho coming to United so the signing for CM will need to be put off until next summer when Giggs and Scholes have retired.
Agree, a creative mid and a LB were our major problems and if we get Baines, this transfer windows been a good one IMO. We have to keep Cleverly fit and try having Ando available for at least 20+ games.

Salvadora

Twitter saying Addidas is set to be the new Arsenal kit supplier starting 13/14 season. hopefully this is the beginning of a rise in commercial revenue for the club; the long term deals in place with the Emirates have been holding the club back financially. now, whether that money will be spent...

This really needs to happen. We are way below where we should be.

dc89

This is the papers and City in a nutshell over the last month or so:

Silva to Madrid - got bored as nothing happened.

Mancini to Russia - signs new contract with City.

Silva to Madrid again as we have nothing else to talk about.

jtb

Banned
This is the papers and City in a nutshell over the last month or so:

Silva to Madrid - got bored as nothing happened.

Mancini to Russia - signs new contract with City.

Silva to Madrid again as we have nothing else to talk about.

Silva's not good enough for Madrid anyways.

do you think RVP to City is happening?

Grim1ock

Banned
Why would RVP move to city?

City is already got 4 strikers.

RVP is either staying put or moving abroad. He's dead to me anyways so it makes no difference

K1LLER7

Whoa, whoa, back up there tiger. What the hell does this mean? Silva is good enough for any league team in the world. Including Barca & Madrid.
Good enough for the team. Not the Starting 11 IMO unless he'd play on the wing at Madrid but even there it's not his best position.

jtb

Banned
Whoa, whoa, back up there tiger. What the hell does this mean? Silva is good enough for any league team in the world. Including Barca & Madrid.

it just means I think Ozil is better than him (and that Silva only had half a season of quality in him). and I think Silva's not very good on the wing, which basically means you're reducing Silva to a role player, rather than a first choice (think Higuain's role). the move wouldn't make sense for any of the parties involved... besides maybe Silva hoping to force himself into the Spain team.

Clegg

I think Silva would get into Madrids starting 11 but I'm not sure about Barcelonas.

Iniesta and Xavi are better than him and Sanchez offers a greater running threat. And he's obviously not going to get ahead of Messi. That would leave him in a shootout with Fabregas and I honestly think Cesc is better.

dc89

Silva's not good enough for Madrid anyways.

do you think RVP to City is happening?

He is good enough for Madrid. His performances at the Euro's were not the best yet he grabbed a few goals and 3/4 assists.

And yeah I think now we've got Mancini tied down the new faces will soon come in. Ade to Spurs could be done ASAP.

jtb

Banned
Why would RVP move to city?

City is already got 4 strikers.

RVP is either staying put or moving abroad. He's dead to me anyways so it makes no difference

they need a handful extra strikers for their Europa League run. It's like, what, double the fixture load of a run in the CL?

He's really the Adebayor replacement though. Or perhaps the Santa Cruz...
:lol Mark Hughes

Kyoufu

Screw you Clegg.

SOURCES: Man United are close to signing Lucas Moura for £30 million.

According to twitter.

Again: Screw you Clegg. That's two hot signings.

rodvik

it just means I think Ozil is better than him (and that Silva only had half a season of quality in him). and I think Silva's not very good on the wing, which basically means you're reducing Silva to a role player, rather than a first choice (think Higuain's role). the move wouldn't make sense for any of the parties involved... besides maybe Silva hoping to force himself into the Spain team.

Well yeah. thats fair. He would be a rotation option in a team with ozil for sure.

Az

Cavani aside, how can you deny Silva isn't attractive? You didn't watch Euro 2012? He looked like an Angel that descended from the heavens in the Spain kit.

Don't listen to them. I am with you when it comes to Silva.

Cavani on the other hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom