• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

I think Silva would get into Madrids starting 11 but I'm not sure about Barcelonas.

Iniesta and Xavi are better than him and Sanchez offers a greater running threat. And he's obviously not going to get ahead of Messi. That would leave him in a shootout with Fabregas and I honestly think Cesc is better.

I think in both cases he would be in rotation. But given the way form changes I can see him becoming a starter. I too think cesc is a bit better right now but you know how players are, a run of poor games and all of a sudden Silva is sat there as the number 1 in the spot. Particularly a player like Fabregas who really can burn brightly for a while then fade for a bit.

David-Silva-006(2).jpg

Don't see it

You just don't understand beauty

Damn guys. The last night with my mate Loki. He has a tumor in his head and is getting put to sleep tomorrow :(

Devastated, he's been around for the past 11 years (was his birthday last week!). Spoilt him loads today, gonna miss him

[img']http://i.minus.com/ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG[/img]

Sorry to hear that, poor thing.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm very bored so heres an incredibly early draft EPL prediction:

Man City
Man United
Chelsea
Arsenal
----------
Spurs
Liverpool
Newcastle
Everton
Stoke
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Fulham
Southampton
West Ham
Swansea
West Brom
QPR
----------
Wigan
Reading
Norwich

qindarka

Banned
Eh, someone is predicting that Wigan will go down. Every year, I tip them to go down and every year they manage to save themselves.

K1LLER7

I'm very bored so heres an incredibly early draft EPL prediction:

Man City
Man United
Chelsea
Arsenal
----------
Spurs
Liverpool
Newcastle
Everton
Stoke
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Fulham
Southampton
West Ham
Swansea
West Brom
QPR
----------
Wigan
Reading
Norwich
I'll never predict Wigan in the bottom 3 again. Did it last season and They start playing like Barcelona towards the end of the season.

Wes

venison crêpe
See it's all just a ruse to make you NOT put them in the bottom three. Then when you don't, they'll get relegated. You have to stay committed to the cause.

jtb

Banned
why does it take Martinez two thirds of the season before he figures out how to best utilize his players? think they'll actually go down this year... it's bound to happen eventually.

kharma45

I'd be happy with Baines. He's a better defender right now and is more productive going forward. His signing might spur Evra into action. Having two leftbacks in good form is always a good thing.

TBH I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed Baines and nded our Summer spending after that. I can't see Moutinho coming to United so the signing for CM will need to be put off until next summer when Giggs and Scholes have retired.

We've the funds set aside for one big-name buy so if the right player became available, say Moutinho, I think United would move for them.

The moves towards Hazard this year and Sneijder showed that if the right player is available we would try for them.

It does seem likely that Baines will sign for us, and whilst I believe him to be overvalued, he will be a good addition to the squad and if he settles in well I could see him replacing Evra towards the end of the season as our first choice LB. Plus he's good with free kicks too which is a bonus, I can't really remember United scoring any last season at all. Would be nice to have someone good with a dead ball again, haven't really had that since Ronny left.

So even if we do get Baines, I still think there is a good chance we could sign someone else.

I'm missing out on the Twitter fun. Who to follow?
You might wanna check Wilbury's twitter. The footy-GAF list is in the op. You can't miss Wilbury, he's the one with this as a description: ever wanted to know exactly how many shits someone can have in a day? you're in the right place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom