• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned

wow at that Podolski interview. I really liked what he had to say too... wtf ESPN...

City Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has said the club are going to adopt 'a manageable' transfer policy this summer.

"“You’re going to see improvements but it’s going to be done in a very manageable way, let me put it that way."

No more £100M spends! They were fun whilst they lasted.

it's the wage bill that's the issue anyways; City have a lot of valuable players that they could offload when they want to buy new ones anyways. as it is, City's squad is easily right behind Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona. this spine could definitely dominate for many years to come, like Chelsea's.

bjaelke

I don't think we gave up on anyone except for Cavani.

I see. Thought Pogba was sufficient.

Klar ist, dass Spieler wie Diego oder Kjaer im August nicht mehr auf dem Markt sind. Sind sie bis dahin nicht verkauft, bleiben sie bei uns.
So Diego and Kjær have two weeks to find a new club or they stay with Wolfsburg.
Mark Hughes will look to complete a hat-trick of Man United signings as he prepares to a launch an £8m bid for Old Trafford striker Dimitar Berbatov.
caughtoffside
>_<
ESPN Soccernet &#8207;@ESPNSoccernet
All Hale Van Persie - Dutchman spotted house-hunting in Manchester, say to reports. Join us for our transfer blog: http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/
From the people that brought you the fake Podolski interview.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mino Raiola basically confirms Ibra to PSG.
"I hope to find a deal with PSG. This weekend is a time for reflection."

"If Zlatan had a problem with the idea of playing in France, I would not have come to Paris for three days."

"Now, it is possible in Paris, this fascinating and magnificent capital. Besides the city, we are really interested in PSG's project. What is happening at the club is exciting."

LegoArmo

So if we're to believe the rumours (and Fergie himself), United are looking to sign 2 players. A left back and an attacking midfielder?

How odd.

Wilbur

Banned
So if we're to believe the rumours (and Fergie himself), United are looking to sign 2 players. A left back and an attacking midfielder?

How odd.

If we buy another attacking midfielder I'll sob myself to sleep at nights. How can he not see we need a centre midfielder?!!?!??!?!?!

GorillaJu

Speaking of Warrior, I just saw that they're making boots now, too. Might have to make these my next purchase and be a total brand whore.

Apparently Vincent Kompany fancies them as you can see him wearing a prototype model in the M City training pictures

ibmjU0eo2UAW7Z.jpg

ibdpiDjk0C2RDj.jpg

ibzBp91uTRZyCa.jpg

i0OZMiUNNSB5Y.jpg

iby8pGD4242jRw.jpg

ibtc0aZ8wxPkkk.jpg

ipMpCjq1Udvt3.jpg

iNyCjcHlbXyUl.jpg

ibowbv8kXQb1UW.jpg

iDE3D1ZDUI1ns.jpg

Clegg

Greg Stobart thinks Lucas wants £110k a week if he moves to United. No chance that will happen though. Game over, Salazer.

I'm glad SAF has said we'll play Kagawa in a more advanced role. But we really need a CM.

WJD

As dire as our midfield may be right now, I think I could maybe cope without a new signing providing a midfield 3 of Carrick/Cleverley/Kagawa works as well as I think it might. I reckon SAF is just waiting for Scholes and Giggs to retire (for reals) before actually trying to fix that area.

Like I said a few days a go, I'm expecting this season to, again, be one of transition. It's either a realistic or defeatist attitude, I'm not sure.

Hixx

KuGsj.gif
This Korean Peace Cup we're doing this week, we were invited basically because of Ji. But he won't be there because of the Olympics.

Oops.

GorillaJu

Oh, Andre. :)

Andre Villas Boas's bitterness at his sacking by Chelsea last season surfaced again on Sunday as he said at his new club Spurs they did not seek out scapegoats if they were going through a bad patch.

The 34-year-old Portuguese - who lasted just 256 days at Chelsea before owner Roman Abramovich lost patience after a run of just one win in six Premier League games and sacked him - said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy had a better feel for football than Abramovich.

"I met the (Spurs) chairman (Daniel Levy), and saw the way he goes about his business at the club," said Villas Boas, who arrived at Chelsea on the back of a stellar season at Porto guiding them to several trophies including the league title and the Europa League.

"He knows what he is doing, approaching the market in a different way. He is a person of great football understanding and he had the effect of giving me the assurances I wanted in terms of building something."

"They are not looking for certain scapegoats, and when so many people are striving forward, it makes your job easier."

Villas Boas, whose side ironically will have to contest the Europa League as Chelsea's win in the Champions League saw them take Spurs place in next season's premier European club competition, said he had not received the promised backing for his project at Chelsea.

"Words did not meet the actions of what we were doing [at Chelsea] in terms of the project, so I think I was cut short," he said.

"This club (Tottenham) is much more important than me and what I have to do is try to take them to success and not make it a personal issue."

604741-andre-villas-boas.jpg

Clegg

Amir Khan is a stupid fighter.

He was lured into a slugging contest and let his guard drop once too often.

Before the fight he said that Mayweather was next on the agenda.

LOL

LOL
He can't fight outside of his comfort zone. Crazy to think how much better he looked for the first 8 minutes. Then one shot...all change. Mayweather is probs really sad, that was his next payday.

Can't be bothered to rubbish any stories today Sal. Have at it, I'll pick up the pessimism in a day or two.

LegoArmo

He can't fight outside of his comfort zone. Crazy to think how much better he looked for the first 8 minutes. Then one shot...all change. Mayweather is probs really sad, that was his next payday.

Can't be bothered to rubbish any stories today Sal. Have at it, I'll pick up the pessimism in a day or two.

Personally always thought he's overrated. Still thinks he's in the Olympics scoring points for tapping the other guys face. Glad he got knocked out.

GorillaJu

Danish league today. Both Brondby and Copenhagen playing.

U19 EURO final tonight

Euro final is a no-go unfortunately. Time zone means it starts at 3am and I'm not officially on summer break till next week *sniff sniff*

Newcastle lost to some amateur German side

No surprise there. They won't win anything without some real signings. So far they've done NOTHING while teams like United, Spurs and Chelsea are spending hundreds of millions of pounds.

LOL

Kahn is shit and never has been good enough since he turned pro. And his ego is huge, saying he would fight Mayweather next? He'd get knocked out in the first round if that happened.

Have there been any pre-season games except for City's 0-1 loss yet?

West Ham lost to Austria Wien 3-1, drew 1-1 with Boreham Wood, and thumped Southend 3-0 just last night. Sam Baldock scored in all 3, so I'm hoping he'll have a good chance to feature this season, although of course the papers have translated his pre-season appearances as BFS putting Baldock in the shop window. Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom