• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rififi

An update on Modric:
Sahin won't be part of the deal (some English tabloids still mention a possibility of Sahin, but in Spain, Sahin isn't mentioned at all). The issue is just a few million pounds, but seeing how Madrid have terrible negotiating skills, they will probably cave. Maybe it will become official tomorrow or tuesday.

ibsrW4LbsKAh3Q.gif

I have never seen the toures fight on the pitch except when kolo got sent off during the carling cup final against chelsea.
What about when Yaya stamped on Mata?

I can't really remember too many altercations that the Ferdinand's have had on the pitch. I remember something about Rio kicking a steward though, and then there was the time he blazed the ball at a home fan. Rio is a stupid man at times for sure though...but that said, I don't think cultural differences have that much to do with it.

Afterall there are plenty of examples of players who are not so well behaved from a culture similar to the Toure's and players more well behaved than the Ferdinand's from a culture similar to theirs.

Messi

An update on Modric:
Sahin won't be part of the deal (some English tabloids still mention a possibility of Sahin, but in Spain, Sahin isn't mentioned at all). The issue is just a few million pounds, but seeing how Madrid have terrible negotiating skills, they will probably cave. Maybe it will become official tomorrow or tuesday.

tumblr_m4jvk3ezmQ1rur2fwo2_500.gif

Madrid getting more powerful :/

Playing FM while watching Brøndby. Updated with confirmed transfers and new teams in the different leagues around and woud like to think FM is very realistic

Edit : lol Johansson, What a fucking idiot but the ref was happy enough after a clap on the butt.

Messi

Getting Villa back is like a new signing. You've bought Alba and probably need a CB. Expecting Pedro to play more often and Tello and Cuenca will have improved from last season.

I hope we don't sell Tello or Afellay. But yeah Villa feels like a new signing, cant wait to see him playing again and Alba should be fun. I think we are looking for a CB and a CF.

Arnie

I hope we don't sell Tello or Afellay. But yeah Villa feels like a new signing, cant wait to see him playing again and Alba should be fun. I think we are looking for a CB and a CF.
I'd love it if we went for either, preferably Tello. Probably not likely though.

Been told a couple of United related stories by a well sourced person.

Fryers has gone to Spurs and is on £3k a week, not the outrageous £20k that was reported. United were offering him only half that so he took up Spurs' offer. He felt he should have been on 3k because some players such as Tunniclife are. Coaches at Spurs apparently don't really rate him and think he'd have been better off staying at United. Tbh I doubt he can make it at either club but we'll find out. Makes sense he would take double the money though, a lot of people who follow the reserves and academy have said his dad has always said he isn't good enough for the PL so he wants to make as much money as he can ASAP. Fergie is said to be very pissed off with Spurs in all this, although I am not sure why really, but apparently he's fuming.

Rooney was at some wedding this weekend and was telling people Baines is more or less a United player.

United are genuinely interested in RVP and Eriksen both but unlikely either will happen. Arsenal want £25m+ and Ajax don't think United can afford the price they want to let Eriksen go although both the club and the player are happy for him to leave if the offer is right. No more chasing Moutinho either it seems, initial bid knocked back and no further contact, Porto want too much.

In other word: Baines and that's your lot.

Clegg

I thought the Erikson rumours were just a load of rubbish?

And how much would Ajax want anyway? It can't be much more than £20m.

If we can't afford to pay that much on one of the most promising young players in Europe then we're really in trouble.

Wilbur

Banned
Would love Baines as first choice or to wake up Evra but for no more than 12m or so, and Eriksen/Moutinho both get the fud levels up. But fuck RvP

I hate you Viva.
Hey, there's always Moura...who it seems we do actually want. Muppet out to that one whilst it lasts.

I thought the Erikson rumours were just a load of rubbish?

And how much would Ajax want anyway? It can't be much more than £20m.

If we can't afford to pay that much on one of the most promising young players in Europe then we're really in trouble.
It's not that they want more than what we have, just more than what we think he is worth. Same person told me United were VERY interested in him last year and Fergie actually had meetings with him and his agent, but at the time Fergie said that whilst he rated the player he needed to see more of him before he was sure. Arsenal have also been monitoring him closely.

And tbh, as much as I'd love us to sign him...I can see why we don't think he is worth, say £20m. He is obv. talented but I don't know if he is a CM play-maker and even the people who watch him regularly on here say he needs more time at Ajax to develop. Wouldn't rule it out completely as we are now interested again.

K1LLER7

At least we're interested right. I'll be happy with Baines and the other signings. Hopefully the players can stay clear of injuries and Kagawa has an immediate impact.

Needs Nani to sign his contract and welbeck too.

We scouted Fellaini alot last season, would be a good player for us. Everton will want alot of money for him though, they paid like £15m for him. He's been worth that to them IMO and so he'll cost a fair bit.

Totally overpowered our midfield in the 4-4 draw last season. Great player, great hair.

blah @ Baines...
IMO Baines would be good for us, just depends at what price. He has been the best or one of the best fullbacks in the league over the last 2/3 seasons and much better than Evra I think and I can't think of somebody else I'd rather have right now (who is actually available).

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
We scouted Fellaini alot last season, would be a good player for us. Everton will want alot of money for him though, they paid like £15m for him. He's been worth that to them IMO and so he'll cost a fair bit.

Totally overpowered our midfield in the 4-4 draw last season. Great player, great hair.

He and Baines are my favorite players. I'd be really sad if both left the club.

kharma45

Yeah I was surprised how high his fee was that Everton paid, I'd imagine they'd want at least £25m for him if United wanted to make a move.

Labadal

1/4 of Borini's shots lead to a goal last season.

1/11 of Liverpool's shots lead to a goal last season.

Pave Pogrebnyak had 7 shots on target and scored 6 goals.

bjaelke

FUCKING JOKE REF

That was seriously embarrassing. We've been outplaying them this second half and then that JT has to make such a shit call.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Olympic Mexico is beating Olympic Great Britain in an unofficial friendly in Marbella 1-0. Marco Fabián scored for the Aztecs.

Alineación Gran Bretaña: Butland; Bertrand; Richards; Dawson; Rose; Cork; Giggs; Cleverly; Ramsey; Bellamy y Sordell DT Stuart Pearce

Alineación México: Corona; Mier; Reyes; Ponce; Herrera; Salcido; Aquino; Jiménez; Chávez; Marco Fabián y Peralta. DT Luis Fernando Tena

rodvik

I'm seeing reports that we are interested in a loan move for Carroll and that PL is considering Bent to be skipper while Stan is out.

Hmm bad moves imho. Bent like players imho are not the best Captains, they see less of the game and so often so far up they cannot communicate well with the rest of the team.

Also I would want Carroll but not as a loan at least have an option to buy if he comes good. Would be nice for the lad though, moving to Villa would be a big step up for him. :)

Grim1ock

Banned
Commentator talks about how few players could, or would, and then cuts to Zola.

M6qPD.gif

<3 Gianfranco. Boss, boss player.

My favourite chelsea player

I wish tello and affelay played for arsenal. They are ideal arsenal players. especially Afellay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom