• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

On the crapper as we speak, the first stage of chocolate rain felt like giving birth to a manatee during monsoon season. Will wear goggles and a hazmat suit next time.

Arnie

Got my cock out to watch Suso in the U19s final now. Also cracked open a can of cherry coke and a packet of Reese's peanut butter cupcakes.

Poor Ariel Jacobs, what a fucking disgrace this collection of pussies is. Red card for for a (really soft but whatever it was there) headbutt, thought he would finally get back in form this season but Claudemir seems to rather want to party every night in Copenhagen than actually play football.

Arnie

I wish our new manager would sort his fucking throat out. Take a Strepsil or something please.
First thing I noticed when I watched his opening interview. Constantly sounds like he's got gravel in his throat.

As for Moutinho I reckon you'll be back, wouldn't be surprised to see him hand a transfer request in and force a move through.

BRYAN OVIEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Holy fuck.
KuGsj.gif

CgREG.jpg

Fuck me, I have a man crush on Nicolaj Jørgensen now.

PaulLFC

Apparently Newcastle have made an offer to us to loan Carroll back with a view to singing him permanently.

I hope we keep him to be honest, don't see the point in getting rid just as he's starting to show some good form.

Arnie

Apparently Newcastle have made an offer to us to loan Carroll back with a view to singing him permanently.

I hope we keep him to be honest, don't see the point in getting rid just as he's starting to show some good form.
I'm happy to let him go if the deal is permanent, not a loan. To justify him leaving we'd need to bring in an adequate replacement now, not in 12 months time.

Feorax

A loan for Carroll, even if the buyout clause is compulsory, means we are a striker down and have nothing to show for it for 12 months.

As great as we have been getting the wage bill down this summer, we haven't made any money to put towards the replacements. £17 million for Carroll now leaves us with a transfer kitty of something between £30 - £45 million if reports are to be believed, which is enough to really help Rodgers shape his vision of the team this summer.

I'd rather we kept him than loan him. I can easilly see any loan deal, be it Newcastle, Fulham or West Ham, turning into Aquillani mk 2.

Wessiej

After last season I am surprised anyone showed up. Stadium is rarely ever more than half full though and FCM barely has any supporters so they aren't going to fill out any spots either.

I thought for one moment FCM were the champions last year. Crazy me.

Edit: Jesus Christ, what a poor defensive work from FCM, my god.

A loan for Carroll, even if the buyout clause is compulsory, means we are a striker down and have nothing to show for it for 12 months.

As great as we have been getting the wage bill down this summer, we haven't made any money to put towards the replacements. £17 million for Carroll now leaves us with a transfer kitty of something between £30 - £45 million if reports are to be believed, which is enough to really help Rodgers shape his vision of the team this summer.

I'd rather we kept him than loan him. I can easilly see any loan deal, be it Newcastle, Fulham or West Ham, turning into Aquillani mk 2.

Exactly. Newcatsle mugged us off when we bought him, and they'll mug us off again by pulling an AC Milan if we're stupid enough to do this. I very much doubt they have any intention of even giving him enough playtime to develop, let alone buying him for a hefty fee at the end of it

Real Madrid's Deulofeu is utter shite.

He's been dreadful so far. He's trying to do everything, and everything he's trying is going wrong

Exactly. Newcatsle mugged us off when we bought him, and they'll mug us off again by pulling an AC Milan if we're stupid enough to do this. I very much doubt they have any intention of even giving him enough playtime to develop, let alone buying him for a hefty fee at the end of it

Oh Liverpool, you so silly.

Carbonox

Who will be paying £17m? West Ham would probably be dumb enough to do it. Nay, they ARE dumb enough to do it. Don't expect Newcastle to be paying that fee though. I think we have the intention of getting him for less than 15m. :lol

bjaelke

Who will be paying £17m? West Ham would probably be dumb enough to do it. Nay, they ARE dumb enough to do it. Don't expect Newcastle to be paying that fee though. I think we have the intention of getting him for less than 15m. :lol

You could co-own him with Fulham. Go hard or go home.

Rad-

Al Jazeera reporting that Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will not extend his Real Madrid contract which expires in 2015.

So, let's just pretend for a second this is true...

THAT'S WHAT WE'RE SAVING UP FOR! Ronaldo is coming home.

Cristal Ronicles back in red omg.

rodvik

IMHO you should just sell him now after he has had a decent little spell and his value is decent. Unless Rodgers is to be gone by christmas then Carroll just doesnt fit his style, period. Doesnt mean he is a bad player but no way does Rodgers need a player of Carrolls strengths.

Arnie

IMHO you should just sell him now after he has had a decent little spell and his value is decent. Unless Rodgers is to be gone by christmas then Carroll just doesnt fit his style, period. Doesnt mean he is a bad player but no way does Rodgers need a player of Carrolls strengths.

Oh god, can you imagine that. Flog him for uber cheap, he goes on to play class, and Rodgers gets sacked.

If we reinvest the money from him into a better young striker like Sturridge I wouldn't mind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom