• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Oh and Inb4 'poor trolling dc567.894 '.

Here's a cool picture of a cat!

bX0DH.jpg

rodvik

UEFA Best Player in Europe Award contenders

The 32-player long list is as follows (in alphabetical order):
Sergio Agüero (ARG) – Manchester City FC
Xabi Alonso (ESP) – Real Madrid CF
Mario Balotelli (ITA) – Manchester City FC
Jakub Błaszczykowski (POL) – Borussia Dortmund
Gianluigi Buffon (ITA) – Juventus
Iker Casillas (ESP) – Real Madrid CF
Petr Čech (CZE) – Chelsea FC
Fábio Coentrão (POR) – Real Madrid CF
Leslie Davies (WAL) – Bangor City FC
Didier Drogba (CIV) – Chelsea FC (now at Shanghai Shenhua FC)
Cesc Fàbregas (ESP) – FC Barcelona
Falcao (COL) – Club Atlético de Madrid
Joe Hart (ENG) – Manchester City FC
Zlatan Ibrahimović (SWE) – AC Milan
Andrés Iniesta (ESP) – FC Barcelona
Shinji Kagawa (JPN) – Borussia Dortmund (now at Manchester United FC)
Vincent Kompany (BEL) – Manchester City FC
Frank Lampard (ENG) – Chelsea FC
Lionel Messi (ARG) – FC Barcelona
Luka Modrić (CRO) – Tottenham Hotspur FC
Mesut Özil (GER) – Real Madrid CF
Pepe (POR) – Real Madrid CF
Andrea Pirlo (ITA) – Juventus
Sergio Ramos (ESP) – Real Madrid CF
Raúl González (ESP) – FC Schalke 04 (now at al-Sadd Sports Club)
Cristiano Ronaldo (POR) – Real Madrid CF
Wayne Rooney (ENG) – Manchester United FC
David Silva (ESP) – Manchester City FC
Fernando Torres (ESP) – Chelsea FC
Yaya Touré (CIV) – Manchester City FC
Robin van Persie (NED) – Arsenal FC
Xavi Hernández (ESP) – FC Barcelona

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Winner.

Zabojnik

And, yeah, Immobile is wonderful but it'll take a year or two for him to turn into the type of striker we need. We'll have to give him the opportunity to play in Serie A, however. Either us (less likely) or with a minnow, but he needs to play regularly in a top league. Hope Verratti learns that, too, as he's going to either rot on the bench or he needs to be loaned out.

It should be noted that Immobile had a fantastic season with Zeman as coach, which can be somewhat decieving. It could be that he's found a way to unlock Ciro's potential, or it could be just another Chevanton in the making. I need to see another great / stellar season from Immobile before I become a true believer. Same goes for Verratti.

Labadal

Hello gang! Just home after 6 days in hospital having broken my back. Fractured vertibrae. Didn't put a towel on the ground and slipped. Home now, wearing a corset-like cast for 6-12 weeks. Alright, not much pain.

Ouch, sounds messed up. Glad you're better now.

Wilbur

Banned
Thats a shame. The Olympics are amazing and to have it in the UK is a once in a lifetime thing.

I guess people who don't live in London will not feel as attached but it's still in our country!

I live in London and I don't give a shit. Will watch the football and the tennis but I'm not going to London for the duration, gonna be fucking packed

Yen

Thats a shame. The Olympics are amazing and to have it in the UK is a once in a lifetime thing.

I guess people who don't live in London will not feel as attached but it's still in our country!

I'm aware of the phrase, "knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing." but aren't they costing us £9bn?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Galliani and Allegri are with Raiola's lawyers *now*.

It should be noted that Immobile had a fantastic season with Zeman as coach, which can be somewhat decieving. It could be that he's found a way to unlock Ciro's potential, or it could be just another Chevanton in the making. I need to see another great / stellar season from Immobile before I become a true believer. Same goes for Verratti.

That's unfortunately true. And Ciro was with Conte in Siena for half a season right?

Meier

Forbes updated their list of most valuable sports teams in the world. I got bored after clicking 20+ times but the top 20 is mostly NFL teams. Ferrari is #15.

#1 Manchester United ($2.23 billion)

#2 Real Madrid ($1.88 billion)

#3 New York Yankees ($1.85 billion)

#3 Dallas Cowboys ($1.85 billion)

#5 Washington Redskins ($1.56 billion)

#6 Los Angeles Dodgers ($1.4 billion)

#6 New England Patriots ($1.4 billion)

#8 Barcelona ($1.31 billion)

#9 New York Giants ($1.3 billion)

#10 Arsenal ($1.29 billion)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...ops-the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams/

pulga

Banned
Ordered a Real Madrid jersey from Soccer Triads, wanna see what all the fuzz is about. Does anyone know if those guys slap on Juve's three stars?

Jensen

Forbes updated their list of most valuable sports teams in the world. I got bored after clicking 20+ times but the top 20 is mostly NFL teams. Ferrari is #15.
Not sure which numbers they are using for Ferrari, I wouldn't be surprised if they only accounted for the sponsorship of Scuderia Ferrari, prize money and their share given to them by the Concorde agreement.

I find it hard to believe that Ferrari itself wouldn't top that list.

Meier

I don't know much about the SPL (to say the least). Anyone familiar with Celtic's Victor Wanyama? Mail claim we're interested in him as Barry is apparently healing slowly and de Jong is possibly moving on. We'd obviously need another domestic DM since Wanyama would be gone at the same time as Yaya.

Talksport says he'd cost £8m -- Celtic apparently only paid £900k for him before the 2011 season.

Wessiej

I don't know much about the SPL (to say the least). Anyone familiar with Celtic's Victor Wanyama? Mail claim we're interested in him as Barry is apparently healing slowly and de Jong is possibly moving on. We'd obviously need another domestic DM since Wanyama would be gone at the same time as Yaya.

Talksport says he'd cost £8m -- Celtic apparently only paid £900k for him before the 2011 season.

Saturday we will play a match against Celtic. If I'm sober enough I will watch him play that night. Can't wait, such a horrid match but the first stadium visit of the new season, so I'm happy.

LegoArmo

I have watched a lot of Celtic games, and personally, I think he's a star in the making. Would be a good signing, but I don't want him to leave.

I live in London and I don't give a shit. Will watch the football and the tennis but I'm not going to London for the duration, gonna be fucking packed
Not even Tom Daley gets you excited?

Once in a lifetime, haha. The US has hosted it twice since I've been born.
Well, I guess that's true but it's unlikely the UK will get another Games for a long long time. We only have one world class city here, maybe two capable of holding them.

I'm aware of the phrase, "knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing." but aren't they costing us £9bn?
Yep £9.2bn I think. It's worth it IMO. A landmark event and relative to other things in the budget, it's not as wasteful as people make it out to be.

I hope your back is okay btw. Sounds like a horrible accident!

Wilbur

Banned
Not even Tom Daley gets you excited?

I've met Tom Daley and he's a boring fucker. He said hello and I said hi, and then I asked why he was at this specific charity event, and he said 'oh you know....' and didn't say anything.

Was also the day my love for Minty out of Eastenders was lost

Meier

The Olympics are by far my favorite bit of sport -- I'm absolutely dying for them to start! My brother is going to a number of events including the women's soccer/football final. Hopefully he's on hand to see the US women win another gold!

xintin

Well, I guess that's true but it's unlikely the UK will get another Games for a long long time. We only have one world class city here, maybe two capable of holding them.
Come on now, if Atlanta can host the games here im sure there is another city in the UK that can do it.

"Merlin" for David Silva is a seriously cringe nickname.

Still, nothing can be worse than "SatNav" for Paul Scholes. Rio Ferdinand you absolutely mug.

Mastadon

Banned
I've met Tom Daley and he's a boring fucker. He said hello and I said hi, and then I asked why he was at this specific charity event, and he said 'oh you know....' and didn't say anything.

Was also the day my love for Minty out of Eastenders was lost

Go on....

Seeing Ziegler in our training photos is strange. I know we're fielding offers for him from Lazio, but I wonder if he's sticking around if we can't secure Armero. Ziegler would actually be a decent wingback.

dc89

So nice to see Mancini and his pops together in a day such as that. Mancini looks so loveable when he's not angry.

I think it got too much for him at times last season.

He'd be visiting his dad in hospital in Italy midweek and then he'd fly back, take training on a Friday and then obviously be at the games at the weeks slowing his temper.

It took its toll no doubt about it.

This latest terrorism storm is going to be very bad for the sport I feel.

Just seen this:

@Ibby_Farah: I remember jonjo shelvey callled me and @N_Jarvis terroist in a youth game aganist charlton.#whataidiot

Now I really don't want to believe that.

Jensen

In case anyone was wondering how Les Davies of Bangor City got nominated for that award;
BBC said:
A single nomination, believed to be from a Welsh journalist, was enough to earn Davies's place.

Just seen this:

@Ibby_Farah: I remember jonjo shelvey callled me and @N_Jarvis terroist in a youth game aganist charlton.#whataidiot

Hope that is not true, FA should start investigating.

Slizz

Just seen this:

Dunno context or anything, but the minute someone says 'I remember when' with no real proof I get a bit cynical.

EDIT: Free Berba, look how fucking sad he looks. I love him. Fergie let him go

IQAKV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom