• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Time to get an account somewhere else too I guess? :p

Everywhere else is awful

tumblr_m4g16ntGu91qbuypqo4_250.gif

Arnie

I posted about the cash + Sahin deal earlier. Admittedly it was a 4am. I guess nobody saw it

sadpandahernandezbw85l.png

I was too busy dreaming about tits.

If it comes to fruition you'll be laughing though. Experienced centre back alongside Vertonghen, classy young midfielder alongside Sandro, £25 million to bang on a striker. Sorted.

Some wanker ripped my top last night in a club. Dick head.

Dj put on 'Footballs coming home' as the last song. Twas epic. Howay England

bjaelke

I'm hoping the game wont be as one-sided as the three other quarter finals were. Even Germany's trashing of Greece wasn't that exciting to watch. On paper this looks to be a fairly even game - bet365 have odds 2.88 on 1X2.

England line-up v Italy: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard (c), Young, Rooney, Welbeck.
Italy's lineup vs. England: Buffon; Abate, Bonucci, Barzagli, Balzaretti; Pirlo, Marchisio, De Rossi; Montolivo; Cassano, Balotelli

Linius

England line-up v Italy: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Parker, Gerrard (c), Young, Rooney, Welbeck.
Italy's lineup vs. England: Buffon; Abate, Bonucci, Barzagli, Balzaretti; Pirlo, Marchisio, De Rossi; Montolivo; Cassano, Balotelli

In that case my prediction already is a failure, I didn't expect Balo to start :p

Kyoufu

Some wanker ripped my top last night in a club. Dick head.

Dj put on 'Footballs coming home' as the last song. Twas epic. Howay England

England's coming home. They're coming home. They're coming home. They're coming! England's coming home.

because Italy are gonna win trololol

Lightning

Banned
This euros hasn't been that exciting IMO. I remember being really excited at the world cup but I just can't gather any excitement at all for these games.

Linius

This euros hasn't been that exciting IMO. I remember being really excited at the world cup but I just can't gather any excitement at all for these games.

You sure it isn't the other way around? The WC bored the crap out of me, this year's Euro's had some pretty sweet games.

Yen

It's been much better than WC2010, but nowhere near as good as EURO2008. 2010 was a terrible competition, 08 was one of the best...ever!

Bumhead

Banned

Really? I thought the World Cup was garbage. I think the quality has been significantly higher in these Euro's, a direct result of having fewer teams (so thanks for extending it for 2016, UEFA/FIFA), although I think the competition has lacked a couple of really incredible matches to make it a true stand out.

The biggest disappointment for me has been the way Spain play, and the complete lack of anyone so far to properly step up and actually attempt to beat Spain beyond a few periods by Italy in the first game.

Fry

I loved all of the World Cups (02, 06, 10)and EUROs (12) I've seen so far.
I remember watching France beating the shit out of Brazil in 98', but that doesn't count.

My favorite is WC 06.

Arnie

CLEGG!!!!!!!!

ADWD spoiler (Game of Thrones season 5 - Don't read if you haven't read all the books)

Jon Snow has just been betrayed. Fuck this. Fuck this book. Fuck this series. Fuck it.

Linius

I remember watching France beating the shit out of Brazil in 98', but that doesn't count.
I remember The Netherlands losing to Brazil by penaltys in 98'. But I also remember us beating those damn Brazilians two years a go. Sweat revenge.

Fry

I remember The Netherlands losing to Brazil by penaltys in 98'. But I also remember us beating those damn Brazilians two years a go. Sweat revenge.

Oh yeah, that match was... awesome in a weird way. That goal from the corner was so well scored.

And yes, Felipe Melo. The guy got in Julio Cesar's way of saving the ball of the first goal, and almost killed Robben.

iElpmPgMfFa9I.jpg

bjaelke

France 98 was by far the best tournament in recent years. Went camping with my family in France and we'd go see a lot of the games live. Highlight was Brazil - Denmark. National team hasn't been the same since then.

CLEGG!!!!!!!!

ADWD spoiler

Jon Snow has just been betrayed. Fuck this. Fuck this book. Fuck this series. Fuck it.

YOU BASTARD, how am I supposed to know what ADWD means?! Goddamn you!

meh, no bigie - I spoiled myself before on the Ice and Fire wiki

Linius

YOU BASTARD, how am I supposed to know what ADWD means?! Goddamn you!

meh, no bigie - I spoiled myself before on the Ice and Fire wiki

A Dance With Dragons.

QQ380.gif

Oh yeah, that match was... awesome in a weird way. That goal from the corner was so well scored.

And yes, Felipe Melo. The guy got in Julio Cesar's way of saving the ball of the first goal, and almost killed Robben.

iElpmPgMfFa9I.jpg

wSE5W.jpg

A Dance With Dragons.

[/QUOTE]

lol, I have the quadrilogy on kindle, but got bored pretty fast + the series came back (S2).
So there's even a fifth book now, damn..

/edit
[quote="patapuf, post: 39198664"]instead of adding 6 euro teams to the EC let's add Brazil argentina and uruguay.[/QUOTE]

Japan pls.

Clegg

CLEGG!!!!!!!!

ADWD spoiler (Game of Thrones season 5 - Don't read if you haven't read all the books)

It wasn't quite as shocking as
The Red Wedding
but it still pissed me off.

Now join the rest of us in the LONG WAIT.

Kyoufu

Word on the street is we've upped our offer for Debuchy to 6 million, though Bayern are now interested in him too.

Go away Bayern :p

elsk

Banned
Word on the street is we've upped our offer for Debuchy to 6 million, though Bayern are now interested in him too.

Link? why would we need a RB if we have Lahm... english media I guess.
We were linked with him like in April, before Alaba and Contento had the chance to prove themselves.

Hixx

where is this street? do dodgy cockernees stand around and say "'ere, I 'eard that Noocarsul upped their bid for Debooshee to £6m!"

or is it twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom