• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Why was Henderson brought on for Parker? Gerrard looks like he can barely move in the middle, I guess Hodgson was already thinking about penalties.

near

Gold Member
Fuck England. I should have never set my expectation on reaching the semis. We do this every competition. Now I feel like crying. Someone hold me. :'(

Messi

Ashley Young. Cunt.

2312.gif

There was another cunt named Ashley that missed too.

I don't blame players that miss in shootouts.

It takes balls just to take a penalty.

I'm not just talking about the PK shoot out.

Oh and Busquets is a cunt also.

Bumhead

Banned
Justice done, England deserved nothing tonight. We gave Pirlo the easiest night of his career. Young a non-entity. Rooney was fucking crap.

Have to remember we exceeded expectations to get this far but to go out on that performance stinks.

Shahed

Cole missed? He always scores...

To be fair though, we didn't deserve to win. Italy thoroughly outplayed us. Still hurts though.

Young was awful all tournament

sohois

Fuck England. I should have never set my expectation on reaching the semis. We do this every competition. Now I feel like crying. Someone hold me. :'(

Why on Earth would you expect England, under Hodgson, with what mediocre personnel they have further reduced by injuries, to reach the semi-final? Many were expecting them to not even make it out of the group stages.

K1LLER7

Congrats Italy. They were the better team. Some great penalties. Pirlo has been brilliant this Euro's. Hope he gets player of the Tournament.

England should learn from this, get some young players into the team. Get wilshere, Cleverly, OX all integrated into the team and hopefully it'll help the technical side of the team.

Bumhead

Banned
They gave Roy Hodgson a four year contract... four more years of that shitty football. Jesus Christ.

It'll take more than four years to start bringing through the players to change how England are able to play anyway.

Hodgson did everything right upto now to get England this far. He was let down by individuals tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom