• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

I tried to play some FIFA 12 today but it's just too boring at this point. January squads, shitty career mode, etc.
Is PES career mode any better?

I haven't played FIFA since 08 (part of the reason for that is manager mode was so shit i had no desire to pick up another) but generally I've seen other posters suggest that for single player modes, PES is the better option.

Generally I thought PES 2012 master league mode was fine, transfers are still kind of strange but otherwise it was well done. That being said, you would probably be better off buying PES 2011, there isn't a huge difference between the 2 and 2011 is much, much less annoying.

elsk

Banned
I haven't played FIFA since 08 (part of the reason for that is manager mode was so shit i had no desire to pick up another) but generally I've seen other posters suggest that for single player modes, PES is the better option.

Generally I thought PES 2012 master league mode was fine, transfers are still kind of strange but otherwise it was well done. That being said, you would probably be better off buying PES 2011, there isn't a huge difference between the 2 and 2011 is much, much less annoying.

I really don't like the gameplay, or something about how the game feels (PES). It feels so badly done, very artificial, but in the visual section it is way better than FIFA.

Meier

So there's a regen in my FM12 save named ThankGod Monday. I figured there must be a real dude with that name for it to be in the database and sure enough, there's a real Nigerian striker named "Thankgod."

elsk

Banned
So there's a regen in my FM12 save named ThankGod Monday. I figured there must be a real dude with that name for it to be in the database and sure enough, there's a real Nigerian striker named "Thankgod."

That's the name of the bigger department(state) of my country. But in spanish.

Meier

Pirlo ends up becoming a coach in FM.. have him on a $7,500 a week deal. 20 attacking and 20 technical. :) Ronnie just retired in 2022 and has awful coaching attributes, hah.

MPW

so the demo is again going to be from way unfinished code? and then they will claim they fixed everything before release?

lol can we judge after we played the demo?

yes i know before they let us down

now with seabass gone, new guys looking over pes 2013, lets see how the demo is first before going negative about it

Konami as a whole has completely failed this gen, a new producer for PES won't help much I'm afraid. Hopefully soon PES sales will stop and Konami will admit defeat and only release Kojima products and otherwise just focus on the mobile market... Well you could hope at least, fuck their shit company [/bitter silent hill fanboy]

Kyoufu

Konami as a whole has completely failed this gen, a new producer for PES won't help much I'm afraid. Hopefully soon PES sales will stop and Konami will admit defeat and only release Kojima products and otherwise just focus on the mobile market... Well you could hope at least, fuck their shit company [/bitter silent hill fanboy]

Yup. Konami won't be around for much longer. They've failed to hold on to Castlevania, Silent Hill, Suikoden and soon enough PES. They recently dissolved Hudson and are pretty much relying on Kojima to make them money.

They're run by monkeys in suits who have no idea what to do.

RIP Konami 1969 - 201X

Yup. Konami won't be around for much longer. They've failed to hold on to Castlevania, Silent Hill, Suikoden and soon enough PES. They recently dissolved Hudson and are pretty much relying on Kojima to make them money.

Well their "normal" gaming division might shrink, but all their cell phone shit games and social games are doing crazy well, the company as a whole has done very well lately because of it. But yeah, seems like the only bigger game franchises that are selling for them is MGS/Kojima and PES. The company really is run by lunatics and idiots.

Kyoufu

Well their "normal" gaming division might shrink, but all their cell phone shit games and social games are doing crazy well, the company as a whole has done very well lately because of it. But yeah, seems like the only bigger game franchises that are selling for them is MGS/Kojima and PES. The company really is run by lunatics and idiots.

Good luck to them. They'll be totally irrelevant to me as I don't play cell phone/social games.

How the mighty have fallen. :(

sneaky77

every company thinking every game should sell call of duty numbers is killing gaming.. I am all for more single player only experiences that I can buy for $30 with high production values and 5-6 hr of good story whether retail or xbox arcade..

Messi

I was considering buying it... what's wrong with it?

not all the national teams are licensed and it doesnt make any gameplay tweaks. Plus I think there is no way to play euro only online but I may be wrong about that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-24-nearly-half-of-fifa-euro-2012-dlc-teams-are-unlicensed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-26-fifa-12-uefa-euro-2012-review

All true and every time I turn it on it thinks I only own the trial version and I have to click and attempt to re buy it before it realises its the full version. The game has also hard locked my console multiple times. Worst piece of DLC I've ever owned. Just wait for 13 man.

Edit: by unlicensed he means the jersey is a generic one as are all the players ect. One of these teams is UKRAINE. One of the FUCKING host nations.

Choc

Banned
new a-league club Western Sydney Wanderers unveiled

AwM3Sa3CEAA6bxv.jpg

AwM2c-6CQAAF1bp.jpg

Home ground parramatta stadium

xbhaskarx

^ wtf too many acronyms, are we supposed to know what that means

How many teams is that now... They should put a couple more teams in NZ

Choc

Banned
^ wtf too many acronyms, are we supposed to know what that means

How many teams is that now... They should put a couple more teams in NZ

they actually can't

Wellington Phoenix should not be allowed to play in the aleague because they are in a different confederation under FIFA.

FIFA gave 1 NZ team special dispensation to be in an AU league. That dispensation expires in 2014.

It will be interesting to see what happens with that. Where a tournament is held over multiple confederations, FIFA is supposed to run it.... but they have given the aleague a free pass for a little while to sort it out.

Choc

Banned
most are generally ok. Now that they have survived the initial five year period, a lot of foreign investment is coming

Roar is owned by Indonesians, and the Mariners will be owned by Russians soon

Victory makes enough money on its own to stay afloat and the Heart is also doing well (wtf Victoria!)

elsk

Banned
Giroud looks like a typical 9, and he can also assist his teammates so he is a very nice striker for the price.
Arsenal will have to change their tactics I guess, to make him bright as much as he did this season in Montpellier.

edit: I really hope Schweini is benched from now on, last thing we need is that guy injured again when the season starts...

Lightning

Banned
Giroud looks like a typical 9, and he can also assist his teammates so he is a very nice striker for the price.
Arsenal will have to change their tactics I guess, to make him bright as much as he did this season in Montpellier.

edit: I really hope Schweini is benched from now on, last thing we need is that guy injured again when the season starts...
I doubt Giroud will be the head of our attack so I doubt he will be as successful. He will also need time to adjust to the premier league. If RVP leaves then a replacement will need to be brought in because Giroud is not a patch on RVP but for his price Giroud is a fantastic buy. I believe Bayern were in for him as well at one stage.

You would like Schweini benched even if it means Germany lose to Italy?

Fry

I don't think he gives a damn about Germany anyway! But let's be honest, there's no point in playing him if he's not fully fit. Look how irregular he was against Greece.

elsk

Banned
I doubt Giroud will be the head of our attack so I doubt he will be as successful. He will also need time to adjust to the premier league. If RVP leaves then a replacement will need to be brought in because Giroud is not a patch on RVP but for his price Giroud is a fantastic buy. I believe Bayern were in for him as well at one stage.

Yes, we were about to sign him but the board voted against him. They said he was not that different from Gómez.

I don't care about Germany NT, I'm not german. Bayern <3
Kroos can replace him, Schweini has been playing like shit since his injury anyway.

I don't think he gives a damn about Germany anyway! But let's be honest, there's no point in playing him if he's not fully fit. Look how irregular he was against Greece.

He has been injured since the match against Chelsea... he has been playing injured, he says he will rest after the EURO so I think he cares more about Germany NT than Bayern...

Fry

He has been injured since the match against Chelsea... he has been playing injured, he says he will rest after the EURO so I think he cares more about Germany NT than Bayern...

Nah, I don't think it's as simple as that. It's an opportunity that comes only 2 or 3 times in the average life of a footballer. I would be playing if I were him.

But something I noticed: he looked kind of mad in the end of the match against Greece. Maybe he didn't want to play until the end after all. And yeah, Kroos or Gundogan should definitely replace him in the semis. He says he's worried about his ankles.

Lightning

Banned
If he is okay, even if not 100%, he should be playing. It is an excellent opportunity to shine at the Euros and Germany have an excellent chance to win it all. He would only want to dip out on that if it were absolutely necessary.

Besides, I want Germany to win as they are the only ones who can stop Spain, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom