• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

It just hit me that this must be the first game with Balotelli that I watch, where he doesn't do (or at least attempts to do) something really, really stupid. Unless I missed something. He seemed oddly ... calm. Almost tame.

bjaelke

It just hit me that this must be the first game with Balotelli that I watch, where he doesn't do (or at least attempts to do) something really, really stupid. Unless I missed something. He seemed oddly ... calm. Almost tame.

Well he did try the overhead kick.

Slizz

Thought the same thing. I want to think it had something to do with a good amount of his teammates on the other squad/players he's seen/played against a lot recently.

Italy are a fantastic side, with some fantastic players, and we matched them well today - Glenn Johnson

We're gutted about it, people weren't expecting much this tournament but we've shown we are a good team. There weren't that many chances in the game, apart from Balotelli at the start maybe - Wayne Rooney

Meier

He was really quite good after HT. Calm, collected, played some great balls to his teammates. He's perfect at PKs so I knew once it had hit 65-70 minutes or so and he was still on the pitch that Prandelli couldn't afford to take him off.

He hugged Hart, Milner and Lescott during the pre-game handshake bit as well. Mario definitely has a very "sweet" side to him.

Kyoufu

My brain just flashed back in time 15 years :O

I opened a blue packet of Walkers thinking it was salt and vinegar.

Wow dude, I did this a few weeks ago. Had to take a long hard look at both packets and scratch my head thinking "did they switch the colours??"

Kyoufu

On the topic of crisps, I find Sensations (Salt and Balsamic Vinegar) to be awesome.

Big bags that go so well with a chicken salad sandwich.

He was poor, and has been throughout the tournament (goal aside, though it was fairly redundant). He is slow in possession, wildly wasteful with his shooting, and doesn't press or track back even as well as Cassano (who has been better, though he was awful today and gave the ball away repeatedly). It says something about the usual Balotelli that not getting sent off or doing something else calamitous today marks him out for praise.

If Italy had dependable strikers (get well soon, Giuseppe), they would have won 3-0 in regulation time.

Kyoufu

You haven't? Oh man. What I'd give to be a Kettle Chip virgin again!

To be honest I don't eat much crisps anymore. I don't even drink anything fizzy! Though I had a Walker's Cheese and Onion + 7up today.

7up is still so good after years of not having any.

gurasa

He hugged Hart, Milner and Lescott during the pre-game handshake bit as well. Mario definitely has a very "sweet" side to him.
Yeah, he can be stupid and reckless, but Mario has a pure side. I think of him as a little kid in a grown man's body.

X5UFX.jpg
otwmV.jpg
mop6n.jpg

Arnie

No idea but don't start posting unmarked fucking spoilers in here again :p

I've just reached the epilogue of A Dance with Dragons and I'm so emotionally drained from the jizzbomb ending that I've come on here for a little break before digesting it. George RR Martin's a genius and a cunt, all in one.

Fry

Guys, I noticed I barely touched my 360 since I sold Fifa 12. And I'm sorely missing playing some footy, so I ask you who have purchased EURO 12: is it worth it?

You don't need to have Fifa 12 to buy it, right?

Slizz

Guys, I noticed I barely touched my 360 since I sold Fifa 12. And I'm sorely missing playing some footy, so I ask you who have purchased EURO 12: is it worth it?

Still need FIFA to use it. EURO is just an add on, updated kits and rosters etc.

Also I heard its a god-awful expansion.

Sloosha

I've just reached the epilogue of A Dance with Dragons and I'm so emotionally drained from the jizzbomb ending that I've come on here for a little break before digesting it. George RR Martin's a genius and a cunt, all in one.

By the time the next book rolls around I'd have completely forgotten what went on in ADWD. Only read it a couple of months ago but my memories already a little fuzzy. Hope those wiki entries are good.

MPW

wait for pes 2013 demo, it should be out soon

Slizz

Then get disappointed and wait for the FIFA 13 demo, it should be out soon after.

FIFA 13 looks like another good step up play-wise. First touches mean more, same good D(imo) and supposedly 'smarter AI'.

elsk

Banned
I tried to play some FIFA 12 today but it's just too boring at this point. January squads, shitty career mode, etc.
Is PES career mode any better?

I tried to play some FIFA 12 today but it's just too boring at this point. January squads, shitty career mode, etc.
Is PES career mode any better?

I can't wait for the new Fifa for launch night alone. Pop to a shop to pick it up then just stay up all night playing games and getting pissed.

Fry

It sucks anyway. You played the Monkey Island games already (XBLA)? Never tried them before, those are by far my favorite games for Xbox 360.

Not really, I believe I've played it before though. I've never really paid much attention to XBLA games, even though I love them. But I have a friend whose Xbox is broken, so he gave me his e-mail and password so I could use his gamertag. He has tons of these games (Limbo, Braid, etc). I'm waiting for my exams to end (tomorrow) so I could play a bit.

Are you shitting me?
iMAnWR8RORy0v.png

Then get disappointed and wait for the FIFA 13 demo, it should be out soon after.

FIFA 13 looks like another good step up play-wise. First touches mean more, same good D(imo) and supposedly 'smarter AI'.

Yep. This whole gen has been about FIFA. No way I'd go back to PES, they won't improve their franchise considerably anymore.

Fry

They will, for next-gen. But they're done for this gen.

Yep, that's what I meant. Next gen could go either way (Fifa continuing to impress, PES still being shit), or vice-versa. I'm scared for Fifa actually, who knows they won't suffer from the same issues PES has had this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom