• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I knew England were playing shite, and that they would go out, and yet, it's still a little depressing. :/

It was grey here. About 7:45 am at the end of pens. Had to get on a train to uni.

I was hoping it would be over in normal time so I could grab a bit of sleep.

Linius

Pervert.

iuTF3a6wFo29T.png
Haha, great job :p

Ashes

Banned
It was grey here. About 7:45 am at the end of pens. Had to get on a train to uni.

I was hoping it would be over in normal time so I could grab a bit of sleep.

At least you didn't have a 'penalty expert' who kept saying the 3rd and 4th penalty were on average the most important. Even, if at the back of my mind, I thought I might have heard somebody somewhere mentioning that once, I really didn't- N/m.

Since England lost to Italy on penalties, does this mean, we are officially the worst international side when it comes to penalties?

Smeghead

*Broken record*

-Mario is not starter material, he's a super sub at best.
-Prandelli's subs made no sense to me. Anyone care to enlighten me?
-Italy are as sterile as Juve.
-There's no way past Die Über-Strafstoß-Maschine.
-Who took Gerrards shirt?
-BUFFON <3
itNSxWQQyTPcs.gif
I agree about Balotelli so far, but we haven't really got a true striker who can cause the defence problems physically, so we don't really have a choice.

Prandelli subbed De Rossi & Abate because they have picked up injuries i think, although i would have liked to see Giovinco come on.

I don't we have much of a chance against Germany especially with injuries, but Italy seem to be the bogey team for the Germans, they have yet to beat us at a tournament so who knows.

I shook my head when BBC commentary called him a "West Ham Reject".

Just your typical professional punditry from BBC (probably the cunt that is Mark Lawrenson). If i recall correctly, Diamanti was West Hams best player along with Scott Parker.

Lawrenson comes across as such a bitter bastard when he's commentating, along with his shit jokes he tries to squeeze in a every opportunity with him laughing in the background at them. Embarrassing.

Ashes

Banned
England weren't that bad, IMO. I'd take losing on penalties over losing in 90 minutes/Extra time.

I don't know about that. When you start counting whether England make it to 5 passes, there's something not enjoyable about that. At least Pirlo toned down his masterclass in the second half, even if it returned on penalties.

England: gk kick to opposition box, Caroll win the ball, one maybe two passes, then Italy get the ball, work their way nicely into our box, get stopped by England/miss/or shoot, then rinse repeat with gk kicking downfield.

Hi FootyGAF

Just had my account registered so thought I should introduce myself. I'm a Man Utd fan (Please don't hurt me Liverpool fans) currently at university.
Looking forward to the new season ahead and seeing how many defences will get destroyed by Kagawa ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I agree about Balotelli so far, but we haven't really got a true striker who can cause the defence problems physically, so we don't really have a choice.

Prandelli subbed De Rossi & Abate because they have picked up injuries i think, although i would have liked to see Giovinco come on.

I don't we have much of a chance against Germany especially with injuries, but Italy seem to be the bogey team for the Germans, they have yet to beat us at a tournament so who knows.

So that's De Rossi, Chiellini, Abate and Maggio missing Germany's game...ffs.

I don't know about that. When you start counting whether England make it to 5 passes, there's something not enjoyable about that. At least Pirlo toned down his masterclass in the second half, even if it returned on penalties.

England: gk kick to opposition box, Caroll win the ball, one maybe two passes, then Italy get the ball, work their way nicely into our box, get stopped by England/miss/or shoot, then rinse repeat with gk kicking downfield.

My perception was clouded by my nervousness!

edit:I think I could write songs for Linkin park.

Slizz

Hi FootyGAF

Just had my account registered so thought I should introduce myself. I'm a Man Utd fan (Please don't hurt me Liverpool fans) currently at university.
Looking forward to the new season ahead and seeing how many defences will get destroyed by Kagawa ;)

Good stuff, welcome.

Linius

Hi FootyGAF

Welcome.

So a new wave of juniors got past the gates I guess? Where's that juniors .gif? :p

Ashes

Banned
Hi FootyGAF

Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Best not to try and play it like others here: it's one strike and out for you. For the first 300 posts, and 3 months.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Lawrenson's a cunt. Really dislike him.

Anyway potential England team as proposed by the Guardian.

(4-2-3-1): Hart; Richards, Smalling, Jones, Baines; Wilshere, Rodwell; Walcott, McEachran, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Welbeck

Baines maybe a no, because he's almost as old as Cole so I'd have Bertrand there instead, and I think Walker's better than Richards. Rooney obviously would probably be where McEachran is and I think Clev's proved more than McEchrean anyway taking his loans into consideration, but pretty good. I'd rather have Sturridge over Walcott as well.

Hart
Walker Smalling Jones Bertrand
Wilshere Rodwell
Sturridge Cleverley Oxlade-Chamberlain
Welbeck

With Forster, Kelly, Richards, Gibbs, McEachran, Gardner, Walcott, Carroll et al as back up.

EDIT: LANCE VANCE MY MAIN MAN

Salazar

Hi FootyGAF

Lol, you have nothing to fear from Liverpool-GAF. Fear Wilbury, rather. Or Viva and his melancholy.

Welcome.

Pffffft, at Grauniad omission of Clev. McEachran looks like a Dickens orphan. Even allowing for Clev's injuries, he is the more robust.

elseanio

Hi FootyGAF

Welcome.

Kem0sabe

Yeah Lawrenson's a cunt. Really dislike him.

Anyway potential England team as proposed by the Guardian.

(4-2-3-1): Hart; Richards, Smalling, Jones, Baines; Wilshere, Rodwell; Walcott, McEachran, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Welbeck

Baines maybe a no, because he's almost as old as Cole so I'd have Bertrand there instead, and I think Walker's better than Richards. Rooney obviously would probably be where McEachran is and I think Clev's proved more than McEchrean anyway taking his loans into consideration, but pretty good. I'd rather have Sturridge over Walcott as well.

Hart
Walker Smalling Jones Bertrand
Wilshere Rodwell
Sturridge Cleverley Oxlade-Chamberlain
Welbeck

With Forster, Kelly, Richards, Gibbs, McEachran, Gardner, Walcott, Carroll et al as back up.

EDIT: LANCE VANCE MY MAIN MAN

Your problem resides in keeping all those guys healthy. Dunno what´s wrong with English players, but the top ones and up and coming stars always manage to get themselves injured.

Maybe it´s the food? or lack of sun?

Wilbur

Banned
Lol, you have nothing to fear from Liverpool-GAF. Fear Wilbury, rather. Or Viva and his melancholy.

Welcome.

Pffffft, at Grauniad omission of Clev. McEachran looks like a Dickens orphan. Even allowing for Clev's injuries, he is the more robust.

dont fear me i have nice parts too i am kind to animals

And yeah I know... Aside all the obvious tossing off over Clev, he showed enough at Wigan for me to be impressed even if I dismiss his games this season

Your problem resides in keeping all those guys healthy. Dunno what´s wrong with English players, but the top ones and up and coming stars always manage to get themselves injured.

Too busy having sex with other people's partners and prostitutes to focus on football

Hi FootyGAF

Good day sir, I hope you'll have a pleasant stay in Best-GAF

WJD

dont fear me i have nice parts too i am kind to animals

And yeah I know... Aside all the obvious tossing off over Clev, he showed enough at Wigan for me to be impressed even if I dismiss his games this season

Say what you like about Cleverley, but at least he understands the importance of looking after and retaining a ball unlike most of the mongoloids last night.

Ashes

Banned

I think it's psychological. They can't keep the ball, even when they appear to be trying their hearts out.

I think the reception when they return this time will be different, even if the result is the same as the world cup. They did appear to give it their best shot, and it's just that they fall within the lower ranks of the top 8 sides in Europe and the world. Playing badly that is.

Wilbur

Banned
Commiserations for that Betis ex-Liverpool player as well, Miki Roque is it? Very sad.

Some news people may have missed:

Nigeria striker Yakubu is due to arrive in China on Monday to seal a move to Guangzhou R&F.

and lololo John Terry's legal team might make a bad character application against Anton Ferdinand during his racism trial, a court has heard.

Kem0sabe

Too busy having sex with other people's partners and prostitutes to focus on football

I bet that shit happens all around the world, especially when you have young people with more money than they know what to do with. Difference is, in England you have those tabloids catching everyone in the act.

I bet there are a lot of player PR agents wanting to carpet bomb "The Sun".

Hi FootyGAF

eXjpd.png

You took Kagawa from us and therefore I cannot welcome you :(
j/k, have fun in footygaf.

Kem0sabe

I think it's psychological. They can't keep the ball, even when they appear to be trying their hearts out.

I think the reception when they return this time will be different, even if the result is the same as the world cup. They did appear to give it their best shot, and it's just that they fall within the lower ranks of the top 8 sides in Europe and the world. Playing badly that is.

I think England has about as much talent as Portugal, if you compare individual players, as us you have a league full of foreign players that stifle the local players. I could very much have been Portugal going home early, the difference was in the attitude.

I think England has enough attacking power to take the game to any team in the world, if they play to their strengths, but they never found their groove. England failed to have a truly stand-out performance to motivate the players into something greater, as Portugal had with Holland.

Half the game is in the player´s heads, and if they don´t believe they are the best, then it´s already lost.

dc89

Hi FootyGAF

H, let me introduce myself. dc89, resident PR expert.

Good to have you on board.

Ashes

Banned
I think England has about as much talent as Portugal, if you compare individual players, as us you have a league full of foreign players that stifle the local players. I could very much have been Portugal going home early, the difference was in the attitude.

I think England has enough attacking power to take the game to any team in the world, if they play to their strengths, but they never found their groove. England failed to have a truly stand-out performance to motivate the players into something greater, as Portugal had with Holland.

Half the game is in the player´s heads, and if they don´t believe they are the best, then it´s already lost.

While those are good points, and hard to argue against, Portugal does have a once in life time player in Ronaldo.

Having a 50+ goals a season player in the Euros helps, no? :p

H, let me introduce myself. dc89, resident PR expert.

Good to have you on board.

@LanceVance, he knows his football websites, that's for sure. Especially the best club football website. :p

Kyoufu

Just your typical professional punditry from BBC (probably the cunt that is Mark Lawrenson). If i recall correctly, Diamanti was West Hams best player along with Scott Parker.

Lawrenson comes across as such a bitter bastard when he's commentating, along with his shit jokes he tries to squeeze in a every opportunity with him laughing in the background at them. Embarrassing.

It was actually the other guy, but yeah, Lawrenson sucks too. BBC on the whole are pretty dire.

I miss Sky Sports. Can't wait for the season to start.

Linius

does chuck win now?
Strahovski is a strong agument, Chuck wins. Guess I'll be finishing season five from HIMYM and pick up Chuck after that.

By the way, I was surprised to find out that Lilly and Robin (How I Met Your Mother) are both moms in real life. Two hot milfs in one show :p

Slizz

As long as we are comparing TV chicks (was gonna right "bitches" but that would have been un gentleman like of me), Mad Men beats all of this shit.

http://images.nymag.com/fashion/10/spring/hendricks-opener100222_560.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

WTF have you done? Pandora's box has been opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom