• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

Am I the only one thinks Brie should stop whatever she is doing? I feel like she's just taking her clothes too quickly.

ronaldolaser.jpg

No. I´m eagerly awaiting the sex tape or the stolen phone pics. :D

Slizz

The 8-bit episode and the pillow fort episodes were pure genius last season. If community goes downhill, they might as well cancel the show now and leave us with the good memories only :(

That's right and it sucks. But I'm still confident they make a decent return.

By the way, I looked it up, it's a 13 episode order.

Which puts it in the required amount range of episodes for syndication, which is all Sony really cares about.

Wilbur

Banned
Its your true nature and they juniors.

oh yeah I forgot I'm a paedophile.

By the way I don't like HIMYM at all but I watch it at nights on Netflix. I think it's because if I fall asleep I don't miss anything. I've never laughed at it but I put it on to fall asleep to

Meier

What does syndication mean for a tv show?

It used to "require" 100 episodes for a show to enter syndication, but I think they'll allow it with closer to 80 nowadays. It just means that they can sell the rights to have it re-run on other channels for perpetuity. It's how everyone involved makes the most money. Big Bang Theory is on like 3-4 channels in the US nowadays in reruns and the sale of those rights was astronomical.

Edit: Here we go, details on the BBT syndication deal: http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/toldja-big-bang-theory-sets-record-fox-tribune-loses-out/ -- $2 million per episode.. that's over $200 million right off the bat and of course still growing.

fuenf

After all the the Dzeko, Higuain and Lewandowski rumours Bayern is apparently closing in on Mario Mandzukic as their second striker. They are offering a salary of 3.5m per year and a contract until 2016. The transfer fee is expected to be between 12 and 15m. Mandzukic wants to go to Bayern and the transfer could be completed within the next few days.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...022/artikel_der-fc-bayern-will-mandzukic.html
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-mandzukic/vor-wechsel-zu-bayern-muenchen-24843146.bild.html

Wilbur

Banned
After all the the Dzeko, Higuain and Lewandowski rumours Bayern is apparently closing in on Mario Mandzukic as their second striker. They are offering a salary of 3.5m per year and a contract until 2016. The transfer fee is expected to be between 12 and 15m. Mandzukic wants to go to Bayern and the transfer could be completed within the next few days.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...022/artikel_der-fc-bayern-will-mandzukic.html
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-mandzukic/vor-wechsel-zu-bayern-muenchen-24843146.bild.html

Yeah I thought he was really good at the Euros. All round good striker.

Hixx

I'm really upset that Craig Gardner is pretty much the poster boy for our new sponsor for some reason. Probably means he's still in O'Neill's plans which is depressing.

Meier

http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2012/02/dickiegunleft-thumb-245x241-38183.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2012/02/dickiegunright-thumb-245x241-38185.gif[IMG]

Having so much fun watching this. It might well be my favorite show on TV atm.[/QUOTE]

Awesome gifs. I bought my dad the first season for Father's Day and he blew through it in like a week.. he pretty much never watches TV but I got him and my mom into FNL so I figured I'd give this a shot too.

Wilbur

Banned
Felt it was time for an avatar change for the next couple of weeks.

Changing mine when I get the chance now England are out, but at work now, out tonight, out tomorrow, out tomorrow night, work Wednesday. Sigh. Anyway, according to Guardian live blog, Italian striker Fabio Borini has inked a deal with Roma, quashing speculation that he might be on the way to Liverpool, and:

The Montpellier president, Louis Nicollin, has claimed that Arsenal have completed the signing of France forward Olivier Giroud. Speaking to French newspaper Midi Libre, Nicollin said the transfer had been completed after Arsenal met the player's release clause. Nicollin said: "I wish him well."

Giroud, part of Laurent Blanc's Euro 2012 squad which was knocked out by Spain in the quarter-finals on Saturday, is thought to command a transfer fee in the region of £13m.

The 25-year-old scored 25 goals for his club last season and helped Montpellier win the Ligue 1 title, igniting the interest of several top clubs. Last week, the Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, revealed a deal was "90%" complete as he looked to add the promising Frenchman to his squad, which has already been bolstered by the arrival of Germany's Lukas Podolski.

Arsenal have not yet made any official comment but it is understood that an announcement by the club is imminent. Once the transfer for Giroud is formally complete, Arsenal could then look to offload some of their fringe players, including Nicklas Bendtner, Marouane Chamakh, Carlos Vela and Denílson.

However, Nicollin maintained a move to take Chamakh in the opposite direction back to France was not part of the Giroud deal. Wenger, who is at the European Championship working as a media pundit, is convinced Giroud can be a big hit at Arsenal.

"I think he has exceptional potential and will integrate very well in our collective and our way of playing," he said last week. "He is a real team player and knows how to combine with other players and I'm sure he will do well with us."

Fry

That would be much better than signing Dzeko. He's not as good as him, which is the point here. Having Gomez, Dzeko and Pizarro would be too much to handle, especially for a team who uses a lone striker. But he's good enough to be on the bench, the guy would start for many teams in the Bundesliga or PL.

Wilbur

Banned
D-Welbz had a 91% pass completion rate at the Euros. Level with Ozil and Iniesta.

http://www.manchester-united-fans-site.com/images/danny-welbeck-goal.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Thought he done well yesterday, he was doing a much better job of getting close to Pirlo than Rooney was. Wayne really was shite last night.

Also:
- I urinate on ka'gay'wa
- we need frank ribbery in the midfield he is scholes and keane mixed into one
- U cant be better than Jisung Park you stupid jap. u wont be in lineup. Youll end your players life tackled by VIDIC.Haha Jap won't do it Jap

and the most ludicrous tweet ever:
- Patrice helps me to discover the magnificence of life. Love life, love pat

Thought he done well yesterday, he was doing a much better job of getting close to Pirlo than Rooney was. Wayne really was shite last night.

Also:
- I urinate on ka'gay'wa
- we need frank ribbery in the midfield he is scholes and keane mixed into one
- U cant be better than Jisung Park you stupid jap. u wont be in lineup. Youll end your players life tackled by VIDIC.Haha Jap won't do it Jap

and the most ludicrous tweet ever:
- Patrice helps me to discover the magnificence of life. Love life, love pat

There was also a FB comment that said, "Gook luck."

smh United FB

Why did u hav 2 insaute rooyen after law u dnt knw how 2 ply ftbal why do u het him am warnin u how deal u fack u 2 son of the beach Kevy Cabrera Wilberry Coz he is ma best plyer. - Edward Mwape, Man Utd Facebook

Wilbur

Banned
Why did u hav 2 insaute rooyen after law u dnt knw how 2 ply ftbal why do u het him am warnin u how deal u fack u 2 son of the beach Kevy Cabrera Wilberry Coz he is ma best plyer. - Edward Mwape, Man Utd Facebook

I laughed out loud in the shop bwahaha

Also that Twitter guy, following no one, troll account. Some sad fuck behind a computer.

Kyoufu

Jeremy Menez got a yellow card during Spain-France for saying "vaffanculo" to the referee lol

Google says it means "Fuck you" :lol nice.

If refs gave yellows to every player that told them to F off then there'd be a whoooooooole lot of cards being given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom