• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
nah, just constantly played out of position. He's not a winger, and he doesn't have the pace to play as a false nine. He's not as good as Xavi or Iniesta, so it makes sense for him to be dropped though.

Looks shite playing for Spain because he's played out of position, I should have said.

Mastadon

Banned
Don't know about that.

Jones was very good up to Christmas.

Coates couldn't get ahead of Carragher.

Probably more to do with the manager than the ability levels. Don't get me wrong though, I actually like Jones as a player. He's a very useful, versatile defender who will turn out to be class. I just really like Coates as a CB. He has all the attributes to be right up there, and he has quite a lot of experience considering his age. Looked slightly shaky at times for us, but that's part of adapting to a new league, and overall he's been impressive.

Feorax

Probably more to do with the manager than the ability levels. Don't get me wrong though, I actually like Jones as a player. He's a very useful, versatile defender who will turn out to be class. I just really like Coates as a CB. He has all the attributes to be right up there, and he has quite a lot of experience considering his age. Looked slightly shaky at times for us, but that's part of adapting to a new league, and overall he's been impressive.

Also, dat goal against QPR...

Kyoufu

Referee demands this gif

iUv692v9Uhkjj.gif

dc89

What was that. The president of the Spanish FA (or their equivalent) is head of UEFA's section which appoints refs for games like this?

Clegg

Silva has been just as poor as Fabregas in this tournament.

He can offer up small moments of brilliance but he's just not had a consistently good 90 minute performance.

I think Spain would be better served by having Pedro replace Silva.

Silva might play poorly but he still got three (or four?) assists and one goal.

Impressive pressing by Portugal so far, really forcing Spain out of their comfort zone. Spain have to go for longer passes, easily intercepted. Don't think Portugal can keep this up for 90 mins though.

Messi

Silva has been just as poor as Fabregas in this tournament.

He can offer up small moments of brilliance but he's just not had a consistently good 90 minute performance.

I think Spain would be better served by having Pedro replace Silva.

Spot on

Maybe it was all the dick jokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom