• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alves never looked like he was going to score. And Ronaldo is stupid for wanting to take last. Maybe he wanted to score the winner, but it cost them.

Really wish The White Stripes would fuck off now. Whichever country is responsible for this footballing export should be thrown out of the next Euros

jtb

Banned
wow, I love Ronaldo but that was idiotic and selfish to insist on taking the final penalty. Good on cesc though for burying it.

K1LLER7

Ronaldo done F'd up, his recent record has been bad but he should've took it.

Think Spain could struggle against both Italy or Germany if they start with the same team. Pedro has to start and Fabregas up front.

Linius

Alves never looked like he was going to score. And Ronaldo is stupid for wanting to take last. Maybe he wanted to score the winner, but it cost them.

Really wish The White Stripes would fuck off now. Whichever country is responsible for this footballing export should be thrown out of the next Euros
I guess Italy with their 'Campeoni del Mundo' (Seven Nation Army) song.

Meier

I don't believe Ronaldo decided to take the 5th and wouldn't budge from that. No way he steadfastly refused to take the 4th in that situation. 0% chance IMO.

That's on the manager and that goes down as one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Talon

Portugal played well to curb out Spain's attack - they owned possession for the first twenty or so minutes.

Spain finally looked like themselves after Pedro came on. I don't think they'll win this final - they haven't shown the killer ability to finish, and they won't play the ball in the box due to their size.

Would like to see:

Alba Pique Arbeloa Silva Xabi Alonso Xavi Iniesta Pedro Fabregas Mata

Mastadon

Banned
I don't believe Ronaldo decided to take the 5th. No way he steadfastly refused to take the 4th in that situation. 0% chance IMO.

That's on the manager and that goes down as one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

Really? You don't think that Ronaldo, possibly one of the most egocentric sports personalities ever known, would have wanted to taken the last kick that could have put his country through to the final?

jtb

Banned
Well Ronaldo is captain and usually takers are volunteers, right? and he took the fifth penalty for Portugal in both the shootouts against England, iirc.

As for Ronaldo...

ze4KZ.gif

TeegsD

Well i certainly had to leave the Euro thread. Any anti-Spain talk is instantly brandished as salty or bitter. It's amazing really.

Kyoufu

At the end of the day, Ronaldo would have most likely missed anyway, right?

didn't he miss for Man United and Real Madrid in the CL?

Well i certainly had to leave the Euro thread. Any anti-Spain talk is instantly brandished as salty or bitter. It's amazing really.

You're kidding right? Spain gets so much hate in that thread. Please don't bring that shit in here.

rififi

So happy for Casillas, would have hated for him to lose two semi-final shootouts in one year.

I hope Del Bosque finally realizes that he needs to start actual wingers for the final rather than midfielders.

Moobabe

Best Football EU. So much so that the difference between them and a "one man team" was which side of the line the ball landed after hitting the woodwork. I hope Germany or Italy smash them in the final. I must be watching a different team to the pundits and my friends - Spain are so awful to watch.

Mastadon

Banned
Best Football EU. So much so that the difference between them and a "one man team" was which side of the line the ball landed after hitting the woodwork. I hope Germany or Italy smash them in the final. I must be watching a different team to the pundits and my friends - Spain are so awful to watch.

I thought they played some lovely stuff in extra time.

K1LLER7

So happy for Casillas, would have hated for him to lose two semi-final shootouts in one year.

I hope Del Bosque finally realizes that he needs to start actual wingers for the final rather than midfielders.
Yep, Pedro was brilliant and Iniesta looked better in the middle. Fabregas played well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom