• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Best Football EU. So much so that the difference between them and a "one man team" was which side of the line the ball landed after hitting the woodwork. I hope Germany or Italy smash them in the final. I must be watching a different team to the pundits and my friends - Spain are so awful to watch.

You're a Chelsea fan and you're judging other teams? Really?

So happy for Casillas, would have hated for him to lose two semi-final shootouts in one year.

I hope Del Bosque finally realizes that he needs to start actual wingers for the final rather than midfielders.
What if he wins the final with this formation... He'll never change it up then

jtb

Banned
Pedro was really good, but I fear VDB will see that he missed those sitters and was selfish rather than the fact that w/o Pedro on, those chances would never have been created in the first place.

Either way, Silva needs to be dropped. He is a liability on the international stage, where he is shifted to the wing and clogs up midfield.

So, Portugal was as good as Spain who was as good as Italy. We were better than Portugal, so this means Germany is better than Spain and Italy, too.

YES WE GOT THIS :p

Best Football EU. So much so that the difference between them and a "one man team" was which side of the line the ball landed after hitting the woodwork. I hope Germany or Italy smash them in the final. I must be watching a different team to the pundits and my friends - Spain are so awful to watch.

tumblr_m5a6ri0mdq1qh3jeb.gif

TeegsD

You're kidding right? Spain gets so much hate in that thread. Please don't bring that shit in here.

They do get a lot of hate, that is true. But that doesn't mean they're always correct.

Don't bring your bitterness in here.

I really hope this is a joke. I can't really be bitter. Since the groups were drawn, I could never really imagine Portugal getting to the semi's playing like they did in the qualifying stages. They turned up and unfortunately, it came down to spot kicks. But minus extra time, they played their hearts out.

Moobabe

I thought they played some lovely stuff in extra time.

I'll always applaud a good move - and yeah, at times they use their unbelievable quality to actually produce a threat to the opposition team. Iniesta is head and shoulders the best player in the side - but after winning the world cup and only scoring 9 goals I became a little sour to their style of play.

You're right - and pictures are much easier to use than actually engaging what I'm saying. I have no interest in who wins the tournament - I think Germany are, and have been, playing the best football in the world for some time and, you know, scoring goals.

elsk

Banned
lol he missed the best chance in extra time

ronaldo should get it, not his fault his team screwed up before the 5th kick

messi will end up getting it

Yeah, the semifinal-guy should win it!
It would be SO funny if Germany wins it and Gómez scores the last goal and he gets the Ballon d'Or, worst player to ever win it.
KuGsj.gif

I thought they played some lovely stuff in extra time.

Spain deserved to win overall the way they dominated Portugal in extra time. The Portuguese players had nothing left in the tank after 90 mins, understandably so and Spain started playing some great football with Pedro and Navas doing great on both wings.

I think Ronaldo going last made sense? Surely you need to put your best takers as 1st and 5th on the list. He was unfortunate that he didn't get to take his pen.

Spain deserved to win overall the way they dominated Portugal in extra time. The Portuguese players had nothing left in the tank after 90 mins, understandably so and Spain started playing some great football with Pedro and Navas doing great on both wings.

I think Ronaldo going last made sense? Surely you need to put your best takers as 1st and 5th on the list. He was unfortunate that he didn't get to take his pen.

No. You need your best pen takers early in case they don't get the chance to take one.

fuenf

I definately feel offended by this. Those you are talking about are Bayern. Germany has winners like Khedira and Hummels. Khedira's will is so strong he will make Vize-Toni win something :D

And even when you are talking about Bayern you have to exclude Neuer, he's a natural leader and winner. So at least half the team are winners.

TeegsD

Does anyone know why exactly Wilbury was banned. It happened near the beginning of the game and was buried pretty quickly. Didn't see anything in that thread of his that I found offensive

Lightning

Banned
There is no doubt that Germany are the best team to watch. I wanted a Germany vs Spain final because i believe Germany deserve the honour of knocking Spain of their purch. I don't want to see anyone else do it because Germany are playing the football I want to see and therefore I want to see them win. I dont believe Spain are playing anti football or negative/boring football but Germany are by far the most entertaining team to watch

I'm staying home from work to watch Germany tomorrow!!! I love watching them play.

Van Gaal for Dutch NT. Make it happen
This I can get behind and fully support. I want our NT to win damnit.

elsk

Banned
And even when you are talking about Bayern you have to exclude Neuer, he's a natural leader and winner. So at least half the team are winners.

Kind of funny he has to refer to Hummels when trying to highlight someone from his team, since Hummles is a Bayern kid.

Clegg

Coentrao was brilliant this evening.

I thought he looked shaky at times for Madrid but he's had a very good tournament.

fuenf

Kind of funny he has to refer to Hummels when trying to highlight someone from his team, since Hummles is a Bayern kid.

You know it's all in good fun. Even i said "bring on the BVB" players a couple of times in the Euro thread. The national team unites us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom