• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Miloooooooooooooooooooos

122645hp2.jpg

So either we get more money for him or Conte plays him behind our striker(s).

Maybe there's a reason we haven't found somebody to challenge Pepe on the RW?

TeegsD

Matias has officially signed with Fiorentina. He's a phenomenal player and I hope everything goes well for him. We owe him a lot.

Also anyone else from the states know if the USA womens game will be broadcast anywhere online?

Sounds good to me, Swagger. Bring on Jovetic to Juve!

Also, just remembered Pepe is implicated in calcioscommesse... maybe his absence is a godsend for Krasic?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Krasic's fantastic goal. Or some might say terrible goalkeeping?

Food for thought, United transfer market.

I don't know too much about Jovetic so I checked his wikipedia and I'd have to say that Matias would make a solid replacement for him.

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

We will know Jojo's future in the next three days.

fadetoblack said:
maybe his absence is a godsend for Krasic?

Nah, Pepe's spot is for Isla. A well taken goal, but that was it today.

Splatt

I'd love to see Jojo in a Juve shirt. Seems like a logical next step for him.

Fiorentina will be stuck in mid-table mediocrity for a while, would be a shame to see a player of his quality waste away his years there.

flyover

Drove 12 hours yesterday from Chicago to Baltimore just to see today's Liverpool-Spurs match (well, that and a Sigur Ros show in Philadelphia tomorrow). About to walk over to the stadium from my hotel.

Don't know if/when I'll ever get to see a real Premier League match, so I'm pretty excited about this -- even if it is meaningless and a bunch of scrubs will be playing. When Jay Spearing comes to your country, you do whatever it takes to go see him.

GorillaJu

Drove 12 hours yesterday from Chicago to Baltimore just to see today's Liverpool-Spurs match (well, that and a Sigur Ros show in Philadelphia tomorrow). About to walk over to the stadium from my hotel.

Don't know if/when I'll ever get to see a real Premier League match, so I'm pretty excited about this -- even if it is meaningless and a bunch of scrubs will be playing. When Jay Spearing comes to your country, you do whatever it takes to go see him.

Actually you should see some big names (at least on Liverpool's side) getting a run out, even if only for a short time. Should see Borini, Gerrard, and our ever promising youth stars. I'd be thrilled to see that match live.

Zabojnik

I don't know too much about Jovetic so I checked his wikipedia and I'd have to say that Matias would make a solid replacement for him.

I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder? Jovetic is a (supporting) striker. I can see them overlapping, but I don't think Fiorentina bought Matias as a 'replacement' for Jojo.

If I were Marotta - RVP this year, Jovetic the next. Done.

Fuck you man :(

Look a couple of posts up. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter's full team almost lost to Celtic.

I'd love to see Jojo in a Juve shirt. Seems like a logical next step for him.

P22_Osmanagic_01.jpg

<3

Zabojnik said:
If I were Marotta - RVP this year, Jovetic the next. Done.

Yes, exactly. We can wait another year for Jojo, but not RVP.

I'd hate to see him somewhere else though.

flyover

Actually you should see some big names (at least on Liverpool's side) getting a run out, even if only for a short time. Should see Borini, Gerrard, and our ever promising youth stars. I'd be thrilled to see that match live.
Hope so. Should be fun! Tons of Liverpool fans around town, but have yet to see a Spurs jersey.

Splatt

Don't push my nostalgia buttons. He was the only bright spot in those years :'(

We let go of our best young players so easily :'( Perks of being a small time team in a small time league...

Too bad his successor, Ljajic, is a lazy JT. Hope he rots in Fiorentina reserves.

@Splatt & @Zab re: Rossi and Ljajic

50% of one, 1/2 of the other.

In matters like this, it's hard to blame Fiorentina. Young talent is much harder to find than a journeyman manager who's biggest teams to date have been Lazio and Palermo. And they have replaced him with a much younger but decent manager in Montella. And you can sell Ljajic down the line once his reputation blows over for good money.

Arnie

Nice man, should see our best players, if albeit briefly. Enjoy it.
Hope so. Should be fun! Tons of Liverpool fans around town, but have yet to see a Spurs jersey.
Not a surprise.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
hHMmw.jpg

Don't push my nostalgia buttons. He was the only bright spot in those years :'(

We let go of our best young players so easily :'( Perks of being a small time team in a small time league...

Speaking of the Serbian league, I just read a hilarious quote from Darko Pan&#269;ev (What a fucking cool name):
After retiring from playing, Pan&#269;ev often talked at length about his failed stint at Inter. In 2002 he addressed the criticism he often received in Italy about his lack of movement off the ball:

"There are strikers who don&#8217;t run and there are strikers who run. I was one of those strikers with a natural talent for scoring, and I ran only when I was within 30 metres of goal. Unfortunately Inter didn&#8217;t want to accept that style of play.&#8221;

He also complained about supposed less-than-friendly attitudes in the nerazzurri dressing room towards certain foreigners, and in this regard singled out Inter's Italian stalwarts Walter Zenga, Giuseppe Bergomi, and Riccardo Ferri as main perpetrators:

&#8220;Yes, they were my problem! They forced Bagnoli, who was a weak coach, to play Salvatore Schillaci instead of me. Recently I ran into Zenga, who's now coach of National Bucharest, and said, &#8216;I hope you're a better coach than Bagnoli was at Inter.&#8217; I said it to remind him of that time. Signing for Inter was my greatest football mistake. In 1992 I was the best striker in Europe. I could have gone anywhere I wanted: Real, Barcelona, Manchester United. My career would have been much richer, in football terms and financially, if I had. And I was only one of the players whose career Inter ruined: think of Wim Jonk, Matthias Sammer, Igor Shalimov. Dennis Bergkamp left after two years, and he needed a year in England to find himself again.&#8221;

EQpxE.gif

Zabojnik

@Splatt & @Zab re: Rossi and Ljajic

50% of one, 1/2 of the other.

In matters like this, it's hard to blame Fiorentina. Young talent is much harder to find than a journeyman manager who's biggest teams to date have been Lazio and Palermo. And they have replaced him with a much younger but decent manager in Montella. And you can sell Ljajic down the line once his reputation blows over for good money.

I'm just surprised because Fiorentina, as much as I hate don't give a shit about them and would gladly see them go back to Serie B, are doing some good stuff when it comes to promoting fair play, behaving the right way and stuff like that. The whole 'cartellino viola' (violet card), the monthly award for the best fair play gesture, is a really nice idea. I remember Almiron receiveing it when he high-fived Buffon after the latter saved his penalty shot.

635734756358567664476c6b61574675627935755a5851765a474630595339706257466e5a584d766157317459576470626d6b766257396b61575a705a5751764d6a41784d6938774e4338784d5467334e6a55314c57467362576c7962323475616e426e

Man, the Della Valles really dropped the ball, haven't they? The Viola had a pretty great team a few years back with Prandelli. It seems like they fell out of love with the team.

Darko Pan&#269;ev is a fucking legend. We once stopped for pizza in a restaurant in Milano on our way back from Torino and some people at the table next to us were saying it was Pan&#269;ev's restaurant, haha. So weird.

I'm just surprised because Fiorentina, as much as I hatedon't give a shit about them and would gladly see them go back to Serie B, are doing some good stuff when it comes to promoting fair play, behaving the right way and stuff like that. The whole 'cartellino viola' (violet card), the monthly award for the best fair play gesture, is a really nice idea. I remember Almiron receiveing it when he high-fived Buffon after the latter saved his penalty shot.

Man, the Della Valles really dropped the ball, haven't they? The Viola had a pretty great team a few years back with Prandelli. It seems like they fell out of love with the team.

Seems the decline came right as one of the Della Valle brothers left. No real way of knowing how the Fiorentina back office seems to work, but yeah they have fallen heavily with Prandelli's absence.

Yen

Liverpool team to play Spurs: Jones, Enrique, Flanagan, Skrtel, Carragher, Spearing, Shelvey, Adam, Downing, Cole, Morgan.
Subs: Gulacsi, Wisdom, Henderson, Eccleston, Sterling, Sama, Wilson, Robinson, Gerrard, Lucas, Borini, Carroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom