• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Can someone shed some light onto why football clubs put unneeded players with the reserves? Is it to just save the effort of training them at full capacity?

Hixx

Fletcher left out of Wolves squad for pre-season friendly apparently.

Can we just get it over with a fucking sign him, tedious as owt this.

How's veratti looking?

Getting his glutes ready for PSG's bench.

I probably would have spent the money to get him but you can't blame Marotta for refusing to spend €12m on a player on a 19yo who hasn't played 1 minute of top flight football, especially with our midfield as packed as it is, and especially as we need to save as much money as we can for a striker.

Anyway, doesn't mean we don't have a lot of fantastic youth players and a great scouting system.

Yen

Can someone shed some light onto why football clubs put unneeded players with the reserves? Is it to just save the effort of training them at full capacity?

To make sure the player knows they are not wanted and are more eager to leave. Suggests they don't have a chance to get into the first team.

Feorax

I honestly don't know, but regarding Aquillani, i heard he picked up a knock, so it was just a matter of taking precautions.

With his injury record, I can find that perfecty believable.

dc89

Yeah it's silly. De Jong should be worth the first team at least.

Must feel a bit funny to know a 16 year old who plays your position has gone ahead of you.

Zabojnik

I can't get over Masi. He's looking like a player with ten years in the top flight under his belt. Amazing. Paratici seems to have the magic touch, Zab. Our scouting is almost at Udinese level.

Well, let's not get carried away here. :D You're right though, Paratici has tentacles everywhere. We're BUYING EVERYBODY(tm) as far as promising youngsters go. It's just too bad we'll probably never see them get the chance De Ceglie, Marchiso and Giovinco got, for obvious reasons. They'll have to prove themselves elsewhere, on loan. Right, Pogby?

Anyway, doesn't mean we don't have a lot of fantastic youth players and a great scouting system.

If anything, if proves exactly that, actually. We got to Verratti before everyone else, but PSG made him (and Pescara) an offer he couldn't refuse. Not much you can do about that. Karma for Pogba, probably. :p

pappe

Yeah it's silly. De Jong should be worth the first team at least.

Must feel a bit funny to know a 16 year old who plays your position has gone ahead of you.

De Jong is crazy, he will probably end up breaking the leg of some youngster and ruining his career just coz he is not in the first team.

Eh its alright, only an avatar haha. Cheers though
But it annoys me ;)

QLpHv.png

Looks like Lucio is injured. And today seems proof positive that we're going to go for a Quagliarella-Pazzini swap. Almost hope we take him off and give Krasic a run out for ol' times sake.

Guys, if Krasic scores.... I don't even know what I'd do...

Maybe he'll be amazing? He's a Juventino at heart but him and Conte just got off on the wrong foot....

Okay, no just sell him who am I kidding?

I love the microphones picking up everything Ariel Jacobs is saying. "It's fucking shit passes!". :lol

Brazilians and Juve, man.... it might be better for you and everyone else in Serie A if he was healthy!

Even players playing badly can break legs and stuff, Barton has proven that long ago.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys, if Krasic scores.... I don't even know what I'd do...

Maybe he'll be amazing? He's a Juventino at heart but him and Conte just got off on the wrong foot....

Okay, no just sell him who am I kidding?
Can we force him to buy a season ticket at least?

3Sixty

Very pleased with that last 20 mins.

Ajax are a very good side and ahead of us in pre-season so 2nd half might be a struggle.

He's basically playing as Matri here. Surprisingly, I like him in this role, actually. If he has the ball and space he can run for days. And he's decent enough making runs into the box.

I mean, who knows?

Edit: True, Yurt. Very much looking like a De Rossi style sweeper here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom