• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder? Jovetic is a (supporting) striker. I can see them overlapping, but I don't think Fiorentina bought Matias as a 'replacement' for Jojo.

With Matias' creativity, he could play a supporting striker very well. At least, thats what I think.

Wilbur

Banned
Watching the Women's football, the standard is really poor. Like under-13s poor.

I think the USA are quite good. Good movement.

Just won at chess without any pieces leaving the board. Fucking ecstatic
even if it was against my 11 year old brother

Meier

De Jong and Santa Cruz are currently playing for City reserves against Stockport County.

De Jong's as good as gone.

While I do expect him to be sold, I think this is probably more a case of getting him (De Jong) some play for fitness reasons since he came back late due to the Euros and missed the warm-up matches.

Nice goal by Rapinoe! Women's soccer/football is interesting in that a goal is always possible. That didn't really feel like an obvious scoring chance due to the multiple defenders in front of her but she got off a nice shot and bam, 1-0.

Meier

Whoa, really nice dribbling and cross at the near post followed by a very well placed header for the US. Just a great save/positioning by the keeper.

DAMN! Great goal line clearance by Columbia..Rapinoe almost had #2. SO CLOSE!

Feorax

Rodgers seems to have taken a shine to Adam Morgan.

Nice to see. He's a decent young player I feared would be lost to obscurity, since he hasn't got the flair of Suso and Sterling

Kyoufu

I think the USA are quite good. Good movement.

Just won at chess without any pieces leaving the board. Fucking ecstatic
even if it was against my 11 year old brother

:lol

I used to play Chess a lot, but haven't played it in absolutely ages or I'd say we get a game in.

Yen

Waiting for the Liverpool match to come on. ESPN2 have had a half hour segment on drag racing. Oh, to be American.

Walsall FC fans are a bunch of scum, seriously, singing "Wheres you tommy gone" fucking disgraceful. "Tommy" (Tom Kirwan) was a Wolves fan who was murdered a few weeks ago.
Such utter cunts

How many more do you need?

As many as I can get really :)

I fucking loved the opening ceremony, just finished watching it now. Reminds me of a lot of the things to be proud of in this country. The 7/7 tribute made me sad though, in a way I don't really get with war tributes. Don't get me wrong, I feel melancholy during those silences, but it just makes me angry to think of people going about their lives, trying to make an honest living or going to meet their friends, and having their lives stolen just like that.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

I used to play Chess a lot, but haven't played it in absolutely ages or I'd say we get a game in.

I picked one up as a freebie leaving work yesterday, love chess but I delude myself into being good.

Don't have the cable to watch any of the olympic games online :(

there's about 20 BBC channels if you have access to any of them where you are?

Yeah the USA ain't too bad! I thought they scored twice? Rapinoe and Morgan?

1-0 I think? I think the second goal was disallowed. GB women winning 2-0 though, nice.

Walsall FC fans are a bunch of scum, seriously, singing "Wheres you tommy gone" fucking disgraceful. "Tommy" (Tom Kirwan) was a Wolves fan who was murdered a few weeks ago.
Such utter cunts

Disgraceful behaviour

Kyoufu

I picked one up as a freebie leaving work yesterday, love chess but I delude myself into being good.

Same here. Used to play my ex-gf and I'd spank her often until she started beating me. Then I realised I sucked compared to actual good players.

Wilbur

Banned
Used to play my ex-gf and I'd spank her often until she started beating me

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

GorillaJu

The division of support is pretty funny. You could count the Spurs fans on one hand.

I liked the national anthem singer. I rather like having national anthems sung at sporting events even though I'm hardly patriotic. Brings the level up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom