• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Every post on this page so far is from a Liverpool fan. I don't think the others like seeing us have fun.

edit: not anymore. I lose.

Fry

Btw people, remember, this is a shit side, yes, but Liverpool couldn't beat shit sides as often as they should have.

Kyoufu

I love Stella Artois commercials. That Cidre one is great. Wish we had good European beer commercials in America.

I remember Stella Artois having very good commercials since the dawn of time. If I liked Beer I would probably drink it for the commercials alone.

jtb

Banned
just read the article on the Guardian about Henry complaining about FFP not working. Seems a tad bit hypocritical given that he's just bitter he spent his 150m on the likes of Carroll, Henderson, Downing, and Adam, rather than Ibra, Lucas, and Silva, but still. PL (and UEFA) would never do anything to enforce FFP. Which is fine by me.

Btw people, remember, this is a shit side, yes, but Liverpool couldn't beat shit sides as often as they should have.

Nah, Liverpool did just fine against Championship sides. Put 6 past Brighton!

Seep

Doubt he'd come - Man Utd would be a more attractive option for him.

Nah what would be better for Maureen? getting united another title or getting Liverpool back to the glory days of old he'd fuckin love it all the drama and media attention.

Plus we nearly had him but he'd already agreed to be chelsea manager.

sohois

just read the article on the Guardian about Henry complaining about FFP not working. Seems a tad bit hypocritical given that he's just bitter he spent his 150m on the likes of Carroll, Henderson, and Adam, rather than Ibra, Lucas, and Silva, but still. PL (and UEFA) would never do anything to enforce FFP. Which is fine by me.

Yes, but the net spend for Liverpool was under £40million; it doesn't matter if you spend a lot when you're making the money back from sales. PSG haven't made any money from sales as far as I'm aware.

GorillaJu

just read the article on the Guardian about Henry complaining about FFP not working. Seems a tad bit hypocritical given that he's just bitter he spent his 150m on the likes of Carroll, Henderson, and Adam, rather than Ibra, Lucas, and Silva, but still. PL (and UEFA) would never do anything to enforce FFP. Which is fine by me.

I know he'll get stick for his comments, but I guarantee you Wenger will be popping off about it, too. Arsenal, even more than Liverpool, would benefit from FFP actually coming into effect.

jtb

Banned
Nah what would be better for Maureen? getting united another title or getting Liverpool back to the glory days of old he'd fuckin love it all the drama and media attention.

Plus we nearly had him but he'd already agreed to be chelsea manager.

I'd have imagined a lot of bad blood between Liverpool fans and Mou given how often Liverpool and Chelsea faced back in the day and all those CL ties. Hell, I think most Arsenal fans would be pretty against a Mourinho appt (not me!), but that comes down to a combination of his various spats with Wenger together with his win-now, spend-big (and at Chelsea, anti-football... if you buy that kind of thing) philosophy.

I know he'll get stick for his comments, but I guarantee you Wenger will be popping off about it, too. Arsenal, even more than Liverpool, would benefit from FFP actually coming into effect.

Wenger's been moaning about FFP for ages and how he can't compete. Unlike Ferguson (and Henry), he actually has a point, since this is the first window we've had a positive net spend since... the Invincibles I think. Might not even be positive when you take into account the huge surplus from the Nasri and Cesc sales. Still, won't make a difference. FFP is a joke and everyone knows it.

Arnie

just read the article on the Guardian about Henry complaining about FFP not working. Seems a tad bit hypocritical given that he's just bitter he spent his 150m on the likes of Carroll, Henderson, Downing, and Adam, rather than Ibra, Lucas, and Silva, but still. PL (and UEFA) would never do anything to enforce FFP. Which is fine by me.

The net spend was around £40 million and we've made more than that in commercial deals. We didn't spend above our means, unlike PSG.

GorillaJu

I'd have imagined a lot of bad blood between Liverpool fans and Mou given how often Liverpool and Chelsea faced back in the day and all those CL ties. Hell, I think most Arsenal fans would be pretty against a Mourinho appt (not me!), but that comes down to a combination of his various spats with Wenger together with his win-now, spend-big (and at Chelsea, anti-football... if you buy that kind of thing) philosophy.

Wenger's been moaning about FFP for ages and how he can't compete. Unlike Ferguson (and Henry), he actually has a point, since this is the first window we've had a positive net spend since... the Invincibles I think. Might not even be positive when you take into account the huge surplus from the Nasri and Cesc sales. Still, won't make a difference. FFP is a joke and everyone knows it.

I should fix this to fit what I think you mean - Wenger has a point (because he's on my team) :p

I think they all have a point.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Once this game is up I'm switching over to Spurs v Valencia. Need a comparison.

Just remember that ours is a friendly and our three best midfielders are missing. Be warned, Jenas is starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom