• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

I have a feeling Stoke may score

EYTJB.jpg

Clegg

Arsenal haven't played very well imo.

Cazorla looked good and was a threat but Podolski wasn't great and Giroud never really had any chances on goal.

They really could have done with RVP in this game.

Kyoufu

So Dzeko scores for City last week yet he's still benched.

If I was Dzeko I'd punch Mancini in the face after I sign for Juve.

Arnie

It's everything people wanted that Kenny would never do. 4-3-3 featuring Coates and Sterling.

And I've got a feeling we're going to see why Kenny never did it (referring to Sterling, not Coates).

I'm convinced he isn't ready. His ability to take a man on is good, but his team play is lacking, in my opinion, as is his defensive duty. Think we'll see him struggle to get into the game and people will realise that he's only 17.

Happy to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Facism

seriously, arsenal's attack is like a virgin try to find the vagina in the dark. He gets a lot of thigh and maybe some tummy, eventually blowing his wad as soon as he finds the gold.

Splatt

So Dzeko scores for City last week yet he's still benched.

If I was Dzeko I'd punch Mancini in the face after I sign for Juve.

Dzeko also scored the 2nd goal against QPR in the title deciding match last year, but you don't see anyone mentioning that. Ungrateful bastards.

GorillaJu

Can't believe there are still 40 fucking minutes until the game. I'm already queasy with nerves. We're going to get a drubbing.

Arnie, I agree, actually. I don't think Sterling is ready, but many a 17 year old have proven their ability on the biggest stage.

Clegg

The good:

Arsenal have played 2 games and conceded zero goals.

The bad:

Arsenal have played 2 games and scored zero goals.

Carbonox

Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal...

Not that playing Stoke at their place is an easy task but another goalless game for them?

In unrelated news, I've decided I want a Borussia Dortmund shirt. If only they were simple to acquire in England.

Edit: Hold the phone, Sports Direct has started selling the home shirt for £37! :O Unfortunately they don't customise it. Need one where I can get my boy Gotze on the back.

You can only score goals if you have the opportunity to do so. The problem is our entire 90min performances consist of one or two half chances that not even Messi would have much hope of finishing

If he is on the way out, why would Mancini play him? As a reward?

He wouldn't. He loves Balo and Tevez just makes sense. Dzeko has a right to feel aggrieved, but he's undoubtedly third choice behind those two.

Can't see us selling him unless we buy, that means we'd effectively only have two proven strikers with no real way of knowing when Aguero will be back.

Arnie

I don't think Sterling is ready, but many a 17 year old have proven their ability on the biggest stage.

As much as I'd love a Rooney v United moment, I think it's lose lose for him overall. He either plays poorly and has his development take a knock, or he has a wonder game, scores a goal, and everyone overhypes him and pressures Rodgers to play him every game.

Or, of course, he could have a simply solid game.

Fergie

Banned
Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal...

Not that playing Stoke at their place is an easy task but another goalless game for them?

In unrelated news, I've decided I want a Borussia Dortmund shirt. If only they were simple to acquire in England.
Also good for any clean sheets on FF, but yeah Stoke are incredibly hard to beat at their own home. Not even city could last year.

Mastadon

Banned
Not too concerned about Sterling starting. Has the pace to worry the fullbacks, and he does track back a lot. More worried about Coates, tough match for him to come into the team for.

Fry

At least it's an indication of the manager taking the right steps. Even if it doesn't work today, it shows he's always been ready to make the decisions the previous managers didn't.

FWIW, I don't think Sterling is ready to start week-in week-out, but he's earned his spot today. He's in a situation where he's young enough to be dropped after his first bad game, and move one without getting into a strop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom