• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

He wouldn't. He loves Balo and Tevez just makes sense. Dzeko has a right to feel aggrieved, but he's undoubtedly third choice behind those two.

Can't see us selling him unless we buy, that means we'd effectively only have two proven strikers with no real way of knowing when Aguero will be back.

Dzeko is often seen running around whining and doesn't help City's play except for the odd goal. He hasn't been strong or good as either target man or finisher. He has since arriving lacked that bite that Tevez (sometimes) and Aguero has, the pure urge to fight and win.

Mario hasn't really showed that either but he can create something out of nothing just by his talent.

Arnie

I'd be more worried about Coates up against Tevez/Balotelli than Sterling playing.

Well, of course a defender having a shocker is more damaging for a result than an ineffectual winger, but I think it's a lot of pressure on Sterling at such a young age. I've always disagreed with the common consensus that Sterling should start, I think his game still needs a lot of work.

bud

i really hope assaidi gets to play a few minutes at least. he's an exciting winger; liverpool don't have too many of those...

Fry

i really hope assaidi gets to play a few minutes at least. he's an exciting winger; liverpool don't have too many of those...

He isn't on the bench I think. I'd say you'll first get to see him playing against your team.

Carbonox

Yep, Cabaye needs to be more forward. Maybe Pardew will see the light.

It's irritating cos he saw the light when we won 6 on the bounce towards the end of last season via 4-3-3, allowing Cabaye and Ben Arfa to play more forward.

He's only being stubborn cos he knows he will lose Ba if he doesn't play him where Ba wants to be played. So stupid sacrificing your team's success just to make one player happy, a player who can't even play with his striking partner properly.

So frustrating. If we played 4-3-3, I reckon we would have at least drawn with Chelsea.

No Assaidi yet either. Hope we can see him soon too. Nervous as hell with that lineup, it's brave, but with our luck it'll come out as foolish.

elseanio

Ahhh, back on the Kop. Made up with the team sheet, most expect us to get beat anyway. Might as well take a chance on young Raheem, and Coates is a much safer bet than Carragher.

Our defending both as a unit and as a team is very encouraging. And all without the DM Arsene's promised and our best CB and the best RB in the country. Bouldy is putting in work.

As for the goals, they'll come, as they always do, whether it's one man picking up the slack or the entire team. We've had the most number of different goalscorers for the past few seasons after all.

Our defending both as a unit and as a team is very encouraging. And all without the DM Arsene's promised and our best CB. Bouldy is putting in work.

As for the goals, they'll come, as they always do, whether it's one man picking up the slack or the entire team. We've had the most number of different goalscorers for the past few seasons after all.

When was the last time Wenger had a defensive coach?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
City are not a bad team to play for really, but Dzeko can't be happy being third-fourth choice? He's way too good (and young) for that.

Based Marwood won't save us, I don't see them signing another striker in this transfer window, so it's all on Dzeko now.
Transfer request

Yeah I loved that so much I RT'd it twice!

Fergie

Banned
It's irritating cos he saw the light when we won 6 on the bounce towards the end of last season via 4-3-3, allowing Cabaye and Ben Arfa to play more forward.

He's only being stubborn cos he knows he will lose Ba if he doesn't play him where Ba wants to be played. So stupid sacrificing your team's success just to make one player happy, a player who can't even play with his striking partner properly.

So frustrating. If we played 4-3-3, I reckon we would have at least drawn with Chelsea.

Nope. He intends on 4-4-2 for the whole season. :(

I'm sure it will be back soon, if Newcastle keeps underperforming like this. I want to see Cisse goals again.

Arnie

Unfortunate lighting for Tevez in this interview, although I suppose the only thing that classifies 'fortunate' lighting for him is no lights at all.

GorillaJu

Tevez's English... my goodness.

The interviewer is really adept at forming easy to understand questions, though.

Using direct quotes, using "do you like," "XXXX is happy" or "XXXX is good" a lot.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Balotelli starts for City.
Forza Liverpool.

x610.jpg

K1LLER7

Glad sterling starts, get to see how he does against a top team. Think he'll do well.

FU mancini for not starting Silva :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom