• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they doing in the league?
After 6 games they're in 6th, although only 2 points back from first. I definitely think they'll be contending for a champion's league spot this year.

Did they sign anyone big this summer?
Well they got Lacina Traore who I think is a beast. Damn good skills for a guy who is 2m+ in height. He makes a great partnership with Eto'o. Besides that they got a couple promising Russian youngsters. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see them get somebody tomorrow now that they reached the group stage of the Europa League.

Arnie

We will have a solid defence.

Fucking :lol

carl-jenkinson-arsenal-20111-300x225.jpg%3Fw%3D812

Kyoufu

Pardew says he'll speak to Ashley for a DEADLINE DAY TRANSFER due to Raylor's injury.

Wonder who we'll get?

nobody

jtb

Banned
Fucking :lol

carl-jenkinson-arsenal-20111-300x225.jpg%3Fw%3D812

Probably a bit premature to shit on Arsenal's defense just yet (it has certainly been wholly untested so far and will likely be the shittiest of the top four, though it's not like Liverpool's defense hasn't made some appalling mistakes lately), but if it comes to having to outscore the opponent, I think Arsenal will win. Diaby's not a DM, but he's closer to a pure DM than Sahin or Allen, and that could hurt you.

Still would be pleased with a point, as long as we score some goals.

Arnie

Probably a bit premature to shit on Arsenal's defense just yet (it has certainly been wholly untested so far and will likely be the shittiest of the top four, though it's not like Liverpool's defense hasn't made some appalling mistakes lately), but if it comes to having to outscore the opponent, I think Arsenal will win. Diaby's not a DM, but he's closer to a pure DM than Sahin or Allen, and that could hurt you.

Still would be pleased with a point, as long as we score some goals.

Whilst I'm half joking (your defence has been solid in the first two games), you've got this completely the wrong way around. It's a bit premature to be talking about going into games with a solid defence, especially when you still include the likes of Jenkinson and Mertesacker in your back four.

I also think it's a wee bit early to talk about outscoring opponents when you've yet to tally a league goal.

jtb

Banned
Whilst I'm half joking (your defence has been solid in the first two games), you've got this completely the wrong way around. It's a bit premature to be talking about going into games with a solid defence, especially when you still include the likes of Jenkinson and Mertesacker in your back four.

I also think it's a wee bit early to talk about outscoring opponents when you've yet to tally a league goal.

Liverpool hadn't scored in the West Brom game, but City gave you a lot more space and eventually you put those chances away. It's not a secret that Sunderland and Stoke play deep; Liverpool will press high up the pitch. Evryone's been getting into good positions (except Gervinho. he's been shit.), creating far more quality chances than last season, someone's going to score eventually.

Jenkinson is complete shit, no doubt about that, but Mertesacker is quality—he's just really really slow. But, again, blessing in disguise; he'll be forced to cover. Kos-Verm partnership is dangerous because both feel that they have the freedom to go forward and completely expose the goal, but Per has to stay back.

The Twente game is great. Another Turkish team at the brink of defeat after Trabzonspor lost to Videoton FC (wtf?)....lololol, Altintop :p

Oh wait, it's the other Altintop. Eh, don't care - both played for Schalkeh

Salvadora

Capital One Cup third-round draw:
Manchester United v Newcastle
Manchester City v Aston Villa
MK Dons v Sunderland
West Brom v Liverpool
Crawley Town v Swansea City
Queens Park Rangers v Reading
Norwich City v Doncaster Rovers
Bradford City v Burton Albion
Preston North End v Middlesbrough
Arsenal v Coventry City
Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday
Chelsea v Wolves
Carlisle v Tottenham Hotspur
Swindon Town v Burnley
West Ham United v Wigan Athletic
Leeds United v Everton

Facism

Gold Member
it's a good day for turkish football. Maybe trabzon and bursaspor will wake up and stop selling off half their fucking team every season.

bjaelke

Total LFC ‏@TheTotalLFC
Rodgers: 'We've got a number of targets, we hope to conclude them tomorrow' #LFC

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Tegris

Europa League seedings:

Code:
Pot 1

Atlético Madrid
Internazionale
Lyon
Liverpool
Marseille
Sporting CP
PSV Eindhoven
Tottenham Hotspur
Bayer Leverkusen
Bordeaux
Twente
Stuttgart

Pot 2

Basel
Metalist Kharkiv
Panathinaikos
Athletic Bilbao
Copenhagen
Fenerbahçe
Rubin Kazan
Napoli
Udinese
Club Brugge
Hapoel Tel Aviv
Hannover 96

Pot 3

Lazio
Steaua București
Sparta Prague
Rosenborg
Newcastle United
Young Boys
Levante
Genk
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Partizan
Viktoria Plzeň
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk

Pot 4

Helsingborg
Marítimo
Rapid Wien
Académica
Anzhi Makhachkala
Maribor
AIK
AEL Limassol
Ironi Kiryat Shmona
Molde
Videoton
Neftchi Baku

Worst case scenario for Liverpool would be Napoli, Gladbach and Anzhi. Best case is probably Metalist/Hapoel, Young Boys and Videoton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom