• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Love Luis.

proxy.jpg

The Times also saying that West Ham are paying us £1million to loan Carroll and all of his wages (80k a week) for the loan period. That basically covers Sahin. Spearing is going on loan to Bolton because he doesn't want a permanent transfer and they won't pay the £3million asking price. Adam (PLEASE) still on for the Dempsey swap plus some cash. Please f**k off Charlie.

Granero's move to QPR is complete. For €8m I'm disappointed we didn't hijack it. We have such unintelligent (or in The Ox's case, overeager) players out on the flanks, and El Pirata would've offered some genuine creativity, composure and guile there. He would've been a solid backup to Cazorla too.

Wes

venison crêpe
Aston Villa aim to pull off a double swoop for Christian Benteke and Dale Stephens today.

Who needs what and who could they get? Club-by-club guide to the last week of the transfer window

Villa owner Randy Lerner has told new boss Paul Lambert to invest in young players, having already completed the signing of Middlesbrough left-back Joe Bennett.

MirrorSport understands Villa have increased their offer for Genk striker Benteke, 21, to £7million.

And the clubs are involved in negotiations with the Belgium club initially demanding £15m for their star marksman.

Villa hope to get their man though as Benteke plans to speak to Genk officials to push the deal ahead.

Lambert is also after a holding midfielder with Charlton schemer Stephens, 24, in his sights.

Villa have had two bids rejected for Stephens but hope to land the starlet for £2.5m.

Lambert has also made a late move to sign Lazio's ex-Birmingham City forward Mauro Zarate.

From James Nursey who is usually right on Villa stuff.

bjaelke

Total LFC ‏@TheTotalLFC
BR"I don't think we are in a position to have £35m players as third-choice strikers, or wingers who are on £5m-£6m a year." #LFC

So Joe Cole's gone(?)

K1LLER7

Nah. Too expensive. Would have preferred if he got a chance at Liverpool.
So it's likely it'll only be Anita signed this summer by Newcastle. Pretty shocking seeing how well they did last season. Thought they'd improve the team to push for top 4.

Guess they haven't sold enough Sports Direct mugs :p

kharma45

I don't know what you're referring to. I was talking about the new Sony/Nexus/iPhone stuff coming soon.

Oh, I thought you meant there was a tweaked One X coming.

Don't care for Sony or the iPhone and no doubt the Nexus will cost more than I want to spend.

Mastadon

Banned
So it's likely it'll only be Anita signed this summer by Newcastle. Pretty shocking seeing how well they did last season. Thought they'd improve the team to push for top 4.

Those massive Sports Direct mugs are perfect for a cheeky cupasoup in the afternoon.

Sky are reporting he just rejected a move to Spartak Moscow.

Can't really blame him on that one to be honest.

Joe isn't the brightest star in the sky. Rodgers should just tell him it'll be just like Lille, but slightly colder.

Carbonox

Well technically we signed 4 players (Anita, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Good) but Anita is really the only first-teamer.

But yes, we needed to improve in defence with at least one defender - a RB. Debuchy would have been perfect. Otherwise I'm relatively happy with the first 11 still. Not necessarily the formation but that's a rant already done.

jtb

Banned
Just because Chelsea have to rely on Torres doesn't mean they should just ship out every other striker they have, imo. Shouldn't have even shipped out Lukaku; he's looked great for West Brom so far.

and we're apparently linked with 4 players, 3 PL and one Ligue 1? why not more Ligue 1 prospects?? so many cheap DMs to choose from... Tiote's good, but not worth the price Ashley wants I think. ESsien was world class, but he's a long way off from that level now and has an injury record that rivals Diaby's. Wonder who the third would be? A back up striker now that we've shipped Bentner, Chamakh, and probably Park too?

I want Mbiwa though. Even if he is another Squillaci, he'd be a cheap gamble worth taking. He's already more proven than Djouru.

So there is basically nothing to the rumours other than an interest in the player. Who'd have thunk.

Edit: Kyoufu confirms.

Samuel J C ‏@samuelj29060
Pardew on Tiote and Cabaye to Arsenal rumours: "I'm never confident (about them staying) and I'm not going to rule anything out." #afc #nufc

Anyone heard the full interview?

Carbonox

Samuel J C ‏@samuelj29060
Pardew on Tiote and Cabaye to Arsenal rumours: "I'm never confident (about them staying) and I'm not going to rule anything out." #afc #nufc

Anyone heard the full interview?

Managers are never confident when they don't have a say, so they're smart to keep an open mind. Makes them look less silly should a move go through or makes them look good when a move doesn't go through. I'd say the same shit tbh and he's right in terms of never say never.

Still, I don't see it happening without Arsenal being mugged the fuck off.

He'll most likely have to take a pay cut wherever he goes. Don't think he's in a position to be picky.

On the contrary, if he feels like it he's in the perfect 'picky' position. He'll never earn what he earns at Anfield anywhere else with his injury record and general decline as a player, he's got 2 years left on his contract (thanks Purslow). He can sit on it if he feels like it, and he will.

Stulaw

Total LFC ‏@TheTotalLFC
BR"I don't think we are in a position to have £35m players as third-choice strikers, or wingers who are on £5m-£6m a year." #LFC

So Joe Cole's gone(?)
Now he's someone I'd like back at West Ham, won't happen though.

Kyoufu

Eh, I'd wait until 11.01 PM tomorrow until you extol the virtues of Mike Ashley.

Agree with both of you. :(

edit: I hate my avatar. Makes me fade and look irrelevant. FILL IT UP ASHLEY. FILL IT UP!

Mastadon

Banned
On the contrary, if he feels like it he's in the perfect 'picky' position. He'll never earn what he earns at Anfield anywhere else with his injury record and general decline as a player, he's got 2 years left on his contract (thanks Purslow). He can sit on it if he feels like it, and he will.

If he does go I'd imagine we'll have to pay a portion of his wages.

bjaelke

He'll want to play and wont be satisfied with the bench. He's not Michael Owen. That's why he went to Lille and it's the same reason he'll go on another loan deal tomorrow.

I want Ben Arfa. I want Götze

In regards to the Liverpool game, I'm not confident we'll get anything from this match; I can't see us actually scoring.

Carbonox

Only just realised, my FIFA 12 disc is still in the old PS3 I shut down, deactivated and put away in its box.

Fail.

But it's ok, I'm playing MGS4 again so I can just wait for FIFA 13. CBA getting my old PS3 back out to get the disc out.

He'll want to play and wont be satisfied with the bench. He's not Michael Owen. That's why he went to Lille and it's the same reason he'll go on another loan deal tomorrow.

Well you guys kind of paid for him having his full wage there, didn't you?

I want Ben Arfa. I want Götze

Find the vaseline and start stretching. Will come and give you your Gotze if you really want to.

I really wish Cole would take the hint and F-off, but he won't, it's his right and Purslow's fault for giving him such a long and expensive contract.

Thought Henderson was very good today, played some great through balls and had a lot of energy when he come inside next to Allen. As soon as he came off we lost control of midfield, baffling decision in my opinion for BR, unless he's been carrying a knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom