• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Snake Eater is absolutely the best MGS in every regard.

Amazing game, probably the best title released for the PS2.

Clegg

Banned Paper is reporting that Fletcher might be included in Uniteds 25 man Champions League squad.

Can't see that happening tbh.

A lot of people in this thread can't handle the truth.

Amen. Indoor football and "hot potato"

Hot potato? I remember putting the refs to not do anything for fouls with indoor football, was great just fighting for who could injure most players, think we did that more than actually play the game.

dc89

MGS 3 is the greatest, obv.

Had the most straightforward story and the relationship between the Boss and Snake was fleshed out well.

The finale was just amazing too. The fight with the Boss, followed by Eva revealing the Boss' motivations, followed by the song "Way to Fall". Greatest ever ending to a game imo.

And the salute, awesome music and it gets you every time.

Carbonox

As an action-y handheld game, it was great fun!

I can see its worth as a handheld game. The story though...ho ho ho even by MGS standards it's one of the worst stories ever conceived in a game.

EDIT: Agreed regarding MGS3's finale. One of the best finales in gaming history. So fucking amazing.

bjaelke

Hot potato? I remember putting the refs to not do anything for fouls with indoor football, was great just fighting for who could injure most players, think we did that more than actually play the game.

Hot potato was a "cheat" that displayed a timer in the game. Whenever it ran out the players on the team in possession of the ball would all drop to the ground.

choodi

Banned
The storytelling in all MGS titles is so laughably bad that I just can't take them seriously.

The only reason to play is so you can laugh at the horrible attempt to tell a "mature" story.

Convoluted mess, all of them.

Splatt

The storytelling in all MGS titles is so laughably bad that I just can't take them seriously.

1st game is the only one I can take seriously. It kinda falls apart near the end with all the sudden twists, but atleast most of them made sense, unlike in the sequels, where it just feels Kojima was just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

lol, I just looked through some forums and the sentiment among the Real & City fans is basically that we're Charlie Day in this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos
(City fans more so than Real fans, obviously)

Unpredictable, yet menacing as hell since we took over for Bayern in Germany and trounced them just a few months ago (a lot of ppl. watched the cup final, surprisingly enough). And then there's Götze & Reus...etc.

Love it :)

choodi

Banned
1st game is the only one I can take seriously. It kinda falls apart near the end with all the sudden twists, but atleast most of them made sense, unlike in the sequels, where it just feels Kojima was just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

MGS is symptomatic of the problems with storytelling in video games.

Too many tech geeks who have delusions of being creative geniuses.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
alright...im off from work and just seen the draw...wow real madrid in the group of death! lol....I think RM's group should have the most interesting matches in this years CL.

flippedb

Banned
3 is the best, then I'd put 1 and last 2.

I'm playing though MGS4, and it's pretty decent so far. The
visit to Shadow Moses alone,
makes the game worth playing.

kharma45

3 is the best, then I'd put 1 and last 2.

I'm playing though MGS4, and it's pretty decent so far. The
visit to Shadow Moses alone,
makes the game worth playing.

Yeah that was excellent nostalgia that bit.

Truth be told I can't play 1 any more on PS1, has to be... the GameCube version :p

We can swap places if you like.
Haha nah. At least I know the players we have are staying.

With Fletcher's return looking ever more likely I can't see us getting a spur of the moment CM tomorrow.

My boy Witsel will have to wait :(
Well actually, if Fletcher is on the way back I will be delighted with that. Mainly cos I'll just be made up for him and he's such a class act it'll be fantastic to have him back. He is a truly strong character and the type we need.

He is/was also a really good player, and we could do with somebody like him.

It's a long shot though...but he has been getting games in and is back training. I'm optimistic.

kharma45

We'll sign James Rodriguez

If Nani goes that's who I want in.

Haha nah. At least I know the players we have are staying.

Well actually, if Fletcher is on the way back I will be delighted with that. Mainly cos I'll just be made up for him and he's such a class act it'll be fantastic to have him back. He is a truly strong character and the type we need.

He is/was also a really good player, and we could do with somebody like him.

It's a long shot though...but he has been getting games in and is back training. I'm optimistic.

90+ mins for the U21s yesterday I feel was a good omen. I know it's not full intensity PL football but it's good progress.

Meier

Smokescreen for...

Nah, it's not happening.
deDay isn't happening. :( GarDay it is.

Hopefully we can manage to get him for less than the full €30m. I was hopeful that today would be Nasday. Tomorrow is shaping up to be MaisingarnasDay I guess. I have a feeling we'll pull off a shocker too.

90+ mins for the U21s yesterday I feel was a good omen. I know it's not full intensity PL football but it's good progress.
For sure.

I think the problem is going to be him training consistently. If his illness means that he trains for a few weeks but then has to sit out for another few, it'll be a problem. If he can get continuous training with the team in and continues to play for the u21's - we could have him back in a month or so.

That said, it's hope rather than expectation. Tbh I didn't even expect him to get back to this so that in itself is good news for his quality of life.

elseanio

I've just been playing Episode 3 of The Walking Dead. This game is so good.

I the lot on steam. Was gonna wait till they were all released, but will probably start it after Sleeping Dogs is done. Is it ok I've not watched the 2nd season of Walking Dead yet? (in regards to playing he game)

kharma45

For sure.

I think the problem is going to be him training consistently. If his illness means that he trains for a few weeks but then has to sit out for another few, it'll be a problem. If he can get continuous training with the team in and continues to play for the u21's - we could have him back in a month or so.

That said, it's hope rather than expectation. Tbh I didn't even expect him to get back to this so that in itself is good news for his quality of life.

I never expected Darren to kick a ball ever again so I'm not gonna get my hopes up but if we could get him back 95% of the player he was man, I'd be so fucking thrilled. I know he won't cure our midfield by himself but he'd be a fantastic asset to have back.

I the lot on steam. Was gonna wait till they were all released, but will probably start it after Sleeping Dogs is done. Is it ok I've not watched the 2nd season of Walking Dead yet? (in regards to playing he game)

Makes no difference if you've seen it or not.

2nd season is baaaaaaad.

Only the first half.

ShogunX

Back from the match and erm.............job done I guess.

Felt like a training match at times with Hearts offering nothing until Reina carried on his recent form of being a little bit shit. Obviously the game will have been discussed already so will just say that the Hearts fans were boss. Oh and I have a man crush on Joe Allen.

GorillaJu

So are blunders going to be a weekly thing for Reina now? Just read the match report for Hearts. Ugh.

Also MGS2 is the best. 2 1 3 4

Kyoufu

First half yeah. Gets better and better as it goes on.

Not really.

Gets worse and worse until the finale which was actually good.

I'm not being a hater, but S2 was laughably bad. There was no logic in any of their actions. Shane is the only smart guy there.

The rest were annoying cocksmooches.

Carbonox

Not really.

Gets worse and worse until the finale which was actually good.

I'm not being a hater, but S2 was laughably bad. There was no logic in any of their actions. Shane is the only smart guy there.

BITCH GO FUCK.

Agreed on Shane. My favourite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom