• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

What do Liverpool fans think of their performances so far?

Has to be said, off the pitch, Rodgers seems to be off to a flyer.

On the pitch, a loss (under harsh circumstances maybe) to WBA, only just edging past Hearts and then a good performance against City but still not the result it perhaps should have been?

It seems the quality of football is alot better - just I expected Liverpool to really breeze past Hearts quite easily. Early days yet anyway. Looking forwards to the Liv vs Ars game. That should be a good one both sides really need a win.

Also - can't wait for dat 2 sided triangle.

I'm excited for Allen - Sahin - Lucas midfield. Think Allen has put in 3 top performances so far. We're moving the ball quicker, getting players into space up the field faster, and keeping good possession.

Still need a goal scorer - always been evident - but what's worrying me is I can see us conceding in most games. At least until we get used to the style of play. We push our wingbacks way up the field, which leaves Agger and Skrtle really exposed. The way it is meant to work, I think, is Lucas drops back to make a 3-man defence, but with him being off the pace a bit, we got caught out so many times against WBA. I definitely think this will improve, as it's similar to how we used to play anyway (CBs split pretty far apart under Dalglish).

Overall, I'm happy with Rodgers. We really need to build, and I hope he's the man to do it.

ShogunX

Just come up that apparently we were looking to send Henderson to Fulham in exchange for Dempsey. Glad that didn't happen! Hendo looked very good tonight in the middle. That would've been a massive rip off sending him there. Chadam on the other hand...

Also Sunderland have apparently offered £7million for Dempsey, and we have no money left because no one wanted to pay for Carroll, Adam, Spearing or Cole. Fuck.

Is that Henderson stuff official or just twitter talk? Find that hard to believe. Also surely we are going to get a decent loan fee out of West Ham for Carroll? AND I think Jay Spearing hasn't been fully let go just in case Allen gets injured.

Zabojnik

Just over a month till Resi 6 is out :D

Does it still look as fucking terrible as it did when they demoed it at E3 (I think)?

551905_10151139358235842_433147176_n.jpg

ATF487

Damnit Brenny don't offer Henderson in a swap, he's a potentially great squad player

Didn't Stoke offer 5m for Charlie Adam? Sell him and Spearing and then that's enough for Dempsey

So, some more Yesil stuff. Looks like he wanted to leave, I'd say because Leverkusen couldn't offer him Bundesliga football. It looked like he'll go on loan to Freiburg. That's fine and makes sense for everyone involved.

And then Liverpool came in. There are articles that Leverkusen was discussing a buy back option with Liverpool in the last few days. How this would make sense for any side, I don't know. Just makes the whole thing even stranger. Leverkusen wants him back and Yesil certainly won't get much first team football at Liverpoool (and if he got he certainly wouldn't want to go back to Leverkusen). Add the big question what Liverpool would want with a 19-year-old striker basically on loan with no buy option?

Maybe the reason why Sahin joined Liverpool was that they offered to pay Yesil some good wages for a year, too. lol

elsk

Banned
So, some more Yesil stuff. Looks like he wanted to leave, I'd say because Leverkusen couldn't offer him Bundesliga football. It looked like he'll go on loan to Freiburg. That's fine and makes sense for everyone involved.

And then Liverpool came in. There are articles that Leverkusen was discussing a buy back option with Liverpool in the last few days. How this would make sense for any side, I don't know. Just makes the whole thing even stranger. Leverkusen wants him back and Yesil certainly won't get much first team football at Liverpoool (and if he got he certainly wouldn't want to go back to Leverkusen). Add the big question what Liverpool would want with a 19-year-old striker basically on loan with no buy option?

Maybe the reason why Sahin joined Liverpool was that they offered to pay Yesil some good wages for a year, too. lol

There's only one explanation:

1291249652-rudi-voeller.9.jpg

Bascombe and Barrett (Telegraph and Times Merseyside reporters and former Echo writers) both running the story about Dempsey and Henderson. It wasn't a straight swap, it was Henderson + cash for Dempsey!

Thanks for saying no Jordan, gods we really must be desperate if we're looking to shift a young player with great energy and good passing (as seen tonight when he moved inside).

FootballFan

Interesting groups, wish we got the group of death though :(

I think the Malaga/Zenit/Milan/Anderlecht group could turn out to be really interesting. I can see Malaga sneaking through depending on how Milan progress as a team in the coming months/weeks.

VN6Wp.jpg

The way Messi looks at Cristiano...priceless.

LOL

Does it still look as fucking terrible as it did when they demoed it at E3 (I think)?

[IMG']https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551905_10151139358235842_433147176_n.jpg[/IMG]

It looks fucking terrible to me, guess I just don't get RE anymore but it just seems like such an average to bad shooter with badly done horror elements mixed now with Unchartedish set pieces, which are cool for games like uncharted but doesn't work so well for RE.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cristiano can't be that stupid? Just hide your emotions, millions are watching.

-

Masi will return to Pro Vercelli tomorrow on loan. What the fuck! Lucio is sidelined for months, at least let's keep him till January!

LTWheels

Bascombe and Barrett (Telegraph and Times Merseyside reporters and former Echo writers) both running the story about Dempsey and Henderson. It wasn't a straight swap, it was Henderson + cash for Dempsey!

Thanks for saying no Jordan, gods we really must be desperate if we're looking to shift a young player with great energy and good passing (as seen tonight when he moved inside).

That story sounds like bullshit to me. I can't see why we would want to offload Henderson. He's decent enough to keep. Also, where is Sunderland getting all this money to make the signings they already have, plus bid for Dempsey.

elsk

Banned
Rumours Roque Santa Cruz is apparently close to joining Malaga on loan.

I believe is done, since yesterday :p
Saviola is algo joining them.

edit:
Málaga CF have signed Roque Santa Cruz, Javier Saviola, Manuel Iturra & Andreu Fontàs. All signings will be official by tomorrow evening.

It's actually hilarious.

"He didn't sell us his best player, what a tool he is" :D

He sold him for less money, that's the wicked part. Obviously if someone offers more money or equal money to Bayern offer, it would make sense to sell Vidal to the other team.

ShogunX

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551905_10151139358235842_433147176_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

In relation to the Seedorf one they should have

8=D Paul Scholes.

Anybody who needs an explanation should google - Paul Scholes [spoiler]Penis[/spoiler]

near

Gold Member
It looks fucking terrible to me, guess I just don't get RE anymore but it just seems like such an average to bad shooter with badly done horror elements mixed now with Unchartedish set pieces, which are cool for games like uncharted but doesn't work so well for RE.

New IPs are the only games I look at. I find that existing franchises rely on prexisting success and expect sales from existing formulas. RE6 looks like RE5 which copied RE4 and the adopted the child of Mr and Mrs Uncharted Gears.

The biggest private litigation battle in British legal history is to be decided on Friday when the high court passes judgment in the case of the feuding Russian businessmen Boris Berezovsky and Roman Abramovich.

Mrs Justice Gloster will read her judgment in the case at 10.30am in London's Rolls Building, the new commercial wing of the high court.

She is due to speak for an hour, with both oligarchs, their bodyguards, and entourages expected in court to hear the result.

Berezovsky, the former Kremlin insider turned bitter critic of Vladimir Putin, claims that Abramovich cheated him out of more than $5bn (£3.2bn). Abramovich, the owner of Chelsea FC, who remains on good terms with President Putin, says he doesn't owe Berezovsky anything.

The case stems from Russia's murky 1990s, and Boris Yeltsin's controversial privatisation programme, which saw the creation in 1995 of the oil firm Sibneft. Berezovsky says he and Abramovich were partners in Sibneft, later sold to Gazprom for $13bn; Abramovich insists he merely retained Berezovsky because of his top-level Kremlin contacts and influence with Yeltsin.

The case heard last autumn was one of the most colourful in high court history. Both oligarchs gave evidence – Abramovich speaking in Russian. The two men pointedly ignored each other in the corridors. The hearing was a study in contrasts, with Berezovsky outspoken and pugnacious in the witness box, and Abramovich low-key and cautious.

The multimillion litigation is good news for City lawyers, and is the latest in a string of Russian and international disputes that have ended up in the high court. Jonathan Sumption QC, now a UK supreme court justice, acted for Abramovich, earning a fee rumoured to be over £1m.

Berezovsky's lead barrister is Laurence Rabinowitz QC.

The judgment will be published on the judicial website, immediately after the judge has risen.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/30/judge-boris-berezovsky-roman-abramovich-case

Cheated someone off 5bn? Whoops

t1AAo.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
In relation to the Seedorf one they should have

8=D Paul Scholes.

Anybody who needs an explanation should google - Paul Scholes
Penis

Google is unnecessary when it is seared onto my brain forevermore
and locked inside the wank bank for rainy sundays

That story sounds like bullshit to me. I can't see why we would want to offload Henderson. He's decent enough to keep. Also, where is Sunderland getting all this money to make the signings they already have, plus bid for Dempsey.

Desperation. We only got a £1million loan fee for Carroll. Spearing is refusing to budge completely (apparently) only wants to go on loan. Adam can't be moved yet. Henderson's the only marketable asset. I'd never want to sell him though, the boy's got talent, energy and ability, can see him coming good like Lucas did.

Also Sunderland have a big ground and quite loyal attendences, even if they still never quite fill it. Their owner's another American multi billionaire too AFAIK.

MPW

I believe is done, since yesterday :p
Saviola is algo joining them.

edit:
Málaga CF have signed Roque Santa Cruz, Javier Saviola, Manuel Iturra & Andreu Fontàs. All signings will be official by tomorrow evening.

He sold him for less money, that's the wicked part. Obviously if someone offers more money or equal money to Bayern offer, it would make sense to sell Vidal to the other team.

wtf? i thought malaga's sugar daddy lost interest?

guess making to cl helped out

Pretty sure most Bayern fans are over Vidal now.
Yeah, just cost 40m. And explain the Völler hate then, I don't get it. You could argue the Ballack deal was shit in hindsight but what else? He's done a great job in the last few years.

Not selling to a rival makes sense to me. I'd rather ship Götze to England for ten million less than sell him to Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom