• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do Liverpool fans think of their performances so far?

Has to be said, off the pitch, Rodgers seems to be off to a flyer.

On the pitch, a loss (under harsh circumstances maybe) to WBA, only just edging past Hearts and then a good performance against City but still not the result it perhaps should have been?

It seems the quality of football is alot better - just I expected Liverpool to really breeze past Hearts quite easily. Early days yet anyway. Looking forwards to the Liv vs Ars game. That should be a good one both sides really need a win.

Also - can't wait for dat 2 sided triangle.

Kyoufu

What's the latest transfer shite and how did Newcastle play?

We played half/half first team/fringe. We were beasting for the first half but were lucky to get away with the non-penalty decisions.

Marveaux failed Liverpool medical last season right? He's fucking class.

Carbonox

What's the latest transfer shite and how did Newcastle play?

Pretty much dominated the match. We only won 1-0 but we could have easily won by far more had it not been for Itandje. Oh and Obertan was man of the match. :lol

We played only 4 first-teamers so it was great to see good performances from our youngsters. Dan Gosling needs to go to a non-league team though. Shit footballer.

huh? what does this have to do with what I said? you believe fazeli sold yesil, sahin or özil?

The Völler hate has something to do with it. And of course Fazeli didn't sell any of them, how would that even be possible lol? But what I believe is that he did something that allowed Yesil to leave. Despite what you think of Völler, he is no idiot and did good transfers with Leverkusen. Selling a Yesil that is working hard for becoming a starter at Leverkusen is something he wouldn't do.

Kyoufu

By the way I got a lot of funny season 2 meme pics to post that will make you laugh at how dumb and illogical the 2nd season was but I won't post them because they spoil stuff.

So fucking funny though. I'm cracking up.

GorillaJu

On the pitch, a loss (under harsh circumstances maybe) to WBA, only just edging past Hearts and then a good performance against City but still not the result it perhaps should have been?

It seems the quality of football is alot better - just I expected Liverpool to really breeze past Hearts quite easily. Early days yet anyway. Looking forwards to the Liv vs Ars game. That should be a good one both sides really need a win.

Need more goals. Otherwise okay. Very happy with the appointment. Everything feels fresh and big progress is finally being made

Mastadon

Banned

Encouraging signs, but still work to be done I feel. Im not sure it's fair to read too much into the Hearts games. They've both come before massive league games which has probably affected motivation.

The City game has me feeling pretty optimistic though. I honestly can't remember the last time we controlled the tempo of the match so efficiently, and managed to keep such good possession. Individual mistakes are bound to occur in the short term, like Skrtel's, but the team seem to have adopted Rodgers ethos a lot quicker than I thought they might.

I'm massively impressed with his work in the transfer market too, especially if we manage to get a new striker.

ShogunX

We look like a side who is still finding it's feet in a new system and new style of play. At times we execute it perfectly and you see the ball knocked about quick and incisive normally leading to a good attack. On the flip side we keep getting caught out down the flanks because of the defenders pushing too high up and also look a bit clueless when Joe Allen isn't around for a pass.

I think will take time and get the feeling Skrtel's mistake last weekend and Reinas mistake tonight won't be the last gifts we give away.

MPW

So are blunders going to be a weekly thing for Reina now? Just read the match report for Hearts. Ugh.

Also MGS2 is the best. 2 1 3 4

ronaldo-laugh-2-cristiano-ronaldo-19817037-200-178.gif

Just some half decent entertainment would have been enough.
Personally I was entertained.

It's like people in the Dexter thread picking plot holes. Dexter is one big giant plot hole. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Edit: the more people use the term "JT", the closer I come to making him the star of my avatar. Like a yin to GAFs yang.

ShogunX

Also why the fuck have we loaned out Carroll? Bit disappointed with that decision to be honest as he showed against City why he is handy coming from the bench in tight games.

Guess Dempsey is a go???

Fucking hell I've just had a shocker opening a pack of chocolate digestives. It's everywhere.

You have to open digestives upright. Any other way leads to a crumb bomb.

Personally I was entertained.

It's like people in the Dexter thread picking plot holes. Dexter is one big giant plot hole. Just enjoy it for what it is.

I hated it and stopped halfway into the first season. Dexter however was pretty good from the beginning and lured me in only to go really shit. There might have been smaller plot holes here and there before and bad writing, but nothing really close to as bad as the last two seasons.

Edit : JT avatar? DO IT.

Kyoufu

People wanting story telling genius from the Walking Dead are expecting too much.

Bang bang! Zombies pop, good stuff.

If I wanted nonsensical zombie entertainment I would just play a Resident Evil game tbh.

I appreciate your approach however as I do enjoy other media even when they are silly.

The problem with Walking Dead is it starts off in a way that grabs you by the balls and says "HEY! I'm fucking awesome!" then a few episodes later it says "Well I don't have to be consistent!" and then season 2 starts and it tells you "I bet you'd rather play Harvest Moon than watch this shit".

Also why the fuck have we loaned out Carroll? Bit disappointed with that decision to be honest as he showed against City why he is handy coming from the bench in tight games.

Guess Dempsey is a go???

Not according to Tony Barrett. He says we've failed in a player plus cash deal for Dempsey and are now looking at loaning Sturridge. Just came up on Twitter.

Mastadon

Banned

Guess Dempsey is a go???

Looks like it, hopefully with Adam in the other direction. Sturridge on loan is being talked about too, with an outside chance of Llorente coming in.

GorillaJu

Guess Dempsey is a go???

You have to open digestives upright. Any other way leads to a crumb bomb.

I don't get the Carroll decision myself but if he's not going to play many games with us it's better to offload him.

Going to sound like a JT here but I hope we sign Jack Butland this winter/next summer. Reina is unreliable. :'(

If I wanted nonsensical zombie entertainment I would just play a Resident Evil game tbh.

I appreciate your approach however as I do enjoy other media even when they are silly.

The problem with Walking Dead is it starts off in a way that grabs you by the balls and says "HEY! I'm fucking awesome!" then a few episodes later it says "Well I don't have to be consistent!" and then season 2 starts and it tells you "I bet you'd rather play Harvest Moon than watch this shit".
I like my nonsensical zombie fun in many forms.

I think we will be back in for him before the deadline. He seems like too good of a fit.

Just come up that apparently we were looking to send Henderson to Fulham in exchange for Dempsey. Glad that didn't happen! Hendo looked very good tonight in the middle. That would've been a massive rip off sending him there. Chadam on the other hand...

Also Sunderland have apparently offered £7million for Dempsey, and we have no money left because no one wanted to pay for Carroll, Adam, Spearing or Cole. Fuck.

Mastadon

Banned
Daily Mail has picked up on the Essien stuff. I'm scared.

Maybe Wenger has created a time machine that can take him back four years to a time when Essien wasn't broken.

Or early onset dementia.

Just come up that apparently we were looking to send Henderson to Fulham in exchange for Dempsey. Glad that didn't happen! Hendo looked very good tonight in the middle. That would've been a massive rip off sending him there. Chadam on the other hand...

What?! As a loan or transfer? That's fucking madness, can't believe Fulham didn't bite our hand off.

What?! As a loan or transfer? That's fucking madness, can't believe Fulham didn't bite our hand off.

They did, but Henderson didn't. Wants to fight for his place at LFC it sounds like. Good on him, he's going to be a cracking player. Can't understand the thinking if it was a full transfer, loan maybe for game time, but with Lucas injured it would've been a massive risk anyway.

The Times said:
Jordan Henderson refused to act as a makeweight in the proposed deal for Clint Dempsey.

Dempsey deal unlikely now after Sunderland offer £7 million for the United States forward.

Wait what? Liverpool offered Henderson for Dempsey?

Damn, B-Rod is not messing about.

Think that was a pretty daft offer to make in the first place tbh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom