• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Its not gloating.

I think Athletico play much better/attractive football. I want to see attractive football win. I also want to see Falcao win.

I'd sell Torres and buy Falcao.

Well then, you could phrase it as "I hope Atletico win" instead of "I can't wait for Atletico to win" since the result is hardly a given.

And I too would take a straight swap between Torres and Falcao. That isn't realistic though, I don't think many teams currently would take Torres off our hands and Falcao would cost a bomb.

Edit: Sorry if I was a little touchy. Been reading loads of shit lately.

Meh, gloating is one of the good things about football. Not classy enough to give that up and Bayern gaf will forever have to deal with it.

ibscy7PFkaWeZa.gif

iCeAbAGoNslJY.gif

elsk

Banned
Its not gloating.

I think Athletico play much better/attractive football. I want to see attractive football win. I also want to see Falcao win.

I'd sell Torres and buy Falcao.

Edit: You should know, I dont gloat or talk shit about other teams. If Chelsea win so be it. When they beat us I congratulated them.

Did you feed it pizza?

I have no real advice.

Atlético de Madrid
Athletic Club

GorillaJu

I'm sorry I hate Chelsea as much as any other self respecting football fan but it is by no means going to be simple for Atletico. They may score a goal or two but I think the game is Chelsea's to lose. Atletico's midfield and defense move at glacial speeds.

xintin

lol the attractive football argument again. Why should we have played a style that would've gave Barca a clear advantage? Because the fans didnt enjoy it?

Besides, I thought this was plenty attractive :D
torres_2202365b.jpg

flippedb

Banned
Barca's play style is anything but fun. It is super boring. They pass the ball 500 times before thinking of attacking. Really boring.

Fry

Barca aren't that boring because they have Messi, Dani Alves, and Busquets is amusing.

But Spain is, as proved in the EURO. But they won it, so...

Lightning

Banned
What's this about Walcott staying on even though he hasn't signed a contract? Better be bullshit.
You want us to sell Walcott? It makes no sense for him to go to Liverpoop so the only option would be Chelsea or Man Shitty and both those options suck. Selling this late in the transfer window is madness. Sell him in January if he hasn't signed a deal but apparently he wants to stay and we want him to stay so something should be worked out.

Sloosha

lol the attractive football argument again. Why should we have played a style that would've gave Barca a clear advantage? Because the fans didnt enjoy it?

Besides, I thought this was plenty attractive :D

The Ramires goal was certainly attractive; the initial pass by Lampard as well.

Barca are a decent Swansea facsimile though. I'll give them that. ;)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico's call-up versus Costa Rica

José de Jesús Corona (Cruz Azul - MEX)
Guillermo Ochoa (AC Ajaccio - FRA)
Alfredo Talvera (Toluca - MEX)

Severo Meza (Monterrey - MEX)
Israel Jiménez (Tigres UANL - MEX)
Francisco Javier "Maza" Rodríguez (VfB Stuttgart - GER)
Héctor Moreno (RCD Espanyol - ESP)
Hugo Ayala (Tigres UANL - MEX)
Hiram Mier (Monterrey - MEX)
Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres UANL - MEX)
Darvin Chávez (Monterrey - MEX)

Carlos Salcido (Tigres UANL - MEX)
Jesús Zavala (Monterrey - MEX)
Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul - MEX)
Pablo Barrera (Cruz Azul - MEX)
Elías Hernández (Tigres UANL - MEX)
Javier Aquino (Cruz Azul - MEX)
Andrés Guardado (Valencia CF - ESP)
Ángel Reyna (Monterrey - MEX)

Oribe Peralta (Santos Laguna - MEX)
Marco Fabián (CD Guadalajara - MEX)
Javier "Chicharito" Hernández (Manchester United - ENG)
Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey - MEX)

I have not enough facepalms for the bolded.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
hazard plays very beautiful football. ramires is such a beast, damn i want him for barça. xbox browser is pretty good but brazzers doesnt work =\

neoanarch

snip

I have not enough facepalms for the bolded.

I'm guessing its a tribute for Torrado. He's become seriously injury prone and can't be seriously considered for the future. Salcido on the other hand after the Olympics, would be bizarre not to call him up. Just keep him away from midfield. Barrera, I'm not even surprised anymore.

No Diego Reyes. Still young but obviously the future more so than Mier.
and the required Americanista is not present

Carroll to West Ham is baffling. Hope he has an outstanding year and Liverpool fail miserably.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm guessing its a tribute for Torrado. He's become seriously injury prone and can't be seriously considered for the future.
I don't like using official games as excuses to make tributes for veteran players. Worst case scenario you get shit like Alberto García Aspe coming on against the USA in 2002... or Bofo versus Argentina in 2010.#NoHayPalabras

He's there because Chatón and Herrera are unavailable and Viniegra proved he was worth shit last friendly. It's obvious Salcido plus Zavala will be the starter duo.
Salcido on the other hand after the Olympics, would be bizarre not to call him up. Just keep him away from midfield.
This is Chepo we are talking about.
Barrera, I'm not even surprised anymore.
If I had to haphazard a guess I would say his inclusion is due to Gio's injury... but, being honest, I think Barrera's just got some dirty shit regarding Chepo. At least he has improved somewhat while in Cruz Azul.
As should be.
I'm not worried to be frank. The CMs are the best thing we've got at every level.

I'm guessing its a tribute for Torrado. He's become seriously injury prone and can't be seriously considered for the future. Salcido on the other hand after the Olympics, would be bizarre not to call him up. Just keep him away from midfield. Barrera, I'm not even surprised anymore.

Carroll to West Ham is baffling. Hope he has an outstanding year and Liverpool fail miserably.

Salcido should have called it quits after the Olympics. It would have been a great way to go out.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching Berbatov do this

http://youtu.be/_Z7VaZGEkVs

Someone put this into gif form.

I might need lots of internet hugs if we end u getting nobody today. Our only new addition so far has been a 18 year old striker while letting useful bench players leave for nothing.

elsk

Banned
Would you really want to see him ride the bench? Because there's no way he starts ahead of Denisov. Kurt Cobain deserves better.

He won't even make it to the bench at Bayern now :( and fucking Milan already got Nigel de Jong.
I think Dynamo Kiev are interested in him, but surely he won't join them right?

Salazar

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Interesting tweet from @themichaelowen, saying 'final day of the transfer window & I'm likely to play a part in it' abroad or PL

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
Michael Owen says priority is to stay in Premier League. Think Everton would be his choice but no interest shown at all so far. #bbcfootball

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
I had two big European teams show an interest yesterday but my priority still remains to play in the Prem. We will see how the day pans out.

:lol

He won't even make it to the bench at Bayern now :( and fucking Milan already got Nigel de Jong.
I think Dynamo Kiev are interested in him, but surely he won't join them right?

Why not? Do you think that Shakhtar blood is still flowing so strongly in his veins that he won't join their rivals?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He's only 32 and still has the legs of a 27 year old. We'll see if he makes it to the Confed cup.
Did we watch the same Olympic tournament? Jiménez had to constantly step up from the backline to make up for Salcido's lack of pace, which resulted in our rivals constantly threatening us from his side.

neoanarch

Did we watch the same Olympic tournament? Jiménez had to constantly step up from the backline to make up for Salcido's lack of pace, which resulted in our rivals constantly threatening us from his side.

I'm wondering the same thing. DM is an awkward position for him for sure. But retire? and not be called up again? Sometimes I hate talking about the seleccion the hyperbole that gets tossed around is maddening.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm wondering the same thing. DM is an awkward position for him for sure. But retire? and not be called up again? Sometimes I hate talking about the seleccion the hyperbole that gets tossed around is maddening.
Not sure I've ever called for his retirement. Torrado's, yes, but Salcido could prove to be a decent asset for the national team now that we have great players coming up for the DM position. I'm just irate that the starter spot has defaulted to him. :/

P.S. I wish we had more international football discussion in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom