• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Chelsea membership sorted in the last few days, ticket to see Chelsea vs Norwich sorted, in the West Stand!

Glad we're at home to play Wolves in the Capital One Cup hopefully I will nab some tickets for that as well.

Also a bit of a long-shot but im going to try and get a ticket for the Juventus game at home. Going to try for Shakhtar and Nordsjaelland too if they're not too close to my exams.

Disappointed that the Stoke home game and QPR away game (can see Loftus Road floodlights from my street) are already sold out though.

Lunchbox

Banned
Arsenal want Essein on loan, wow.

i dont like this trend of top 4 clubs doing deals with each other.

soon it will be like serie a where some 40 year old dinosaur who started at lazio ends up playing for both milans, roma and juventus by the time he retires. it undermines their status and rivalry.

but then again its arsenal, its not like they are a threat

pappe

i dont like this trend of top 4 clubs doing deals with each other.

soon it will be like serie a where some 40 year old dinosaur who started at lazio ends up playing for both milans, roma and juventus by the time he retires. it undermines their status and rivalry.

but then again its arsenal, its not like they are a threat

So according to you, Pirlo is not as great as Scholes simply because he has played for all the top sides in Italy?

wat. I wake up and see Juventus are close to signing Bendtner?!

lol, this is why ppl. think you're a robot/city pr regurgitator/viral marketeer. Yesterday you posted all day throughout that time when ppl. discussed Bendtner, ppl. kept bringing it up every two or so pages, Juve fans had their av changed to Bendtner and now you're surprised it's happening.
Oftentimes it feels like you're just flooding us with random (oftentimes parenthetic) City stuff while ignoring the topic at large. I've noticed it before, others noticed it before - and now this..

After 8 hours @ the CL draw, drunk: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

0 points @ 6 matches :(

Yo, don't give up hope!
We can do this together
, although I'd still like us to beat you both times, sry :(

Sage00

Once And Future Member
@TwopTwips

Scare football supporters on deadline day by dressing up as Joey Barton and turning up at training grounds.

:lol

dc89

lol, this is why ppl. think you're a robot/city pr regurgitator/viral marketeer. Yesterday you posted all day throughout that time when ppl. discussed Bendtner, ppl. kept bringing it up every two or so pages, Juve fans had their av changed to Bendtner and now you're surprised it's happening.
Oftentimes it feels like you're just flooding us with random (oftentimes parenthetic) City stuff while ignoring the topic at large. I've noticed it before, others noticed it before - and now this..

Theres always the ignore button.

bjaelke

Can't say I'm excited for either Dempsey or Sturridge. There's something about them that reminds me too much of last Summer's signings.

Lunchbox

Banned
So according to you, Pirlo is not as great as Scholes simply because he has played for all the top sides in Italy?

what? where did i say anything about ability?

players become symbols of a club. moving to a direct rival in the same league devalues that. imagine if raul played for barca, deportivo, valencia and a bunch of other shit spanish clubs after winning the champions league with madrid. that would ruin his reputation as a real madrid legend. playing for some german club doesnt do that.

transfer to a different league, no one gives a shit. Ronaldo to real madrid didnt hurt as much, ronaldo to man city would've started riots. ask meus about RVP, he'll let you know, but he probably doesnt even remember who alex song is anymore, even though he was their best midfielder

pappe

what? where did i say anything about ability?

players become symbols of a club. moving to a direct rival in the same league devalues that. imagine if raul played for barca, deportivo, valencia and a bunch of other shit spanish clubs after winning the champions league with madrid. that would ruin his reputation as a real madrid legend. playing for some german club doesnt do that.

transfer to a different league, no one gives a shit. Ronaldo to real madrid didnt hurt as much, ronaldo to man city would've started riots. ask meus about RVP, he'll let you know, but he probably doesnt even remember who alex song is anymore, even though he was their best midfielder

I think apart from the fans of the club selling the player it does not affect anyone else.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A1nKf74CQAAN5n6.jpg

Marotta showing his motivational skills "Clearly he isn't the top player we were seeking at the start of the window, but we had to reinforce our attack"

ix1ebov7eDOgB.gif

Oh wow, really? Just shut the fuck up man.

Forza Bendtner. It's not his fault he's no Llorente, I hope the fans shit on Marotta and not him.

bjaelke

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu
Hamburg have signed Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart on a three-year deal, according to "Bild". Fee of about €13m. #HSV #THFC

pappe

Marotta showing his motivational skills "Clearly he isn't the top player we were seeking at the start of the window, but we had to reinforce our attack"

Oh wow, really? Just shut the fuck up man.

Forza Bendtner. It's not his fault he's no Llorente, I hope the fans shit on Marotta and not him.

Relax! It could be worse. It could have been Owen or Carroll.

GorillaJu

Can't say I'm excited for either Dempsey or Sturridge. There's something about them that reminds me too much of last Summer's signings.

I completely understand, but no matter how I look at it I think they're both very good players and we need people like them, who will put the ball in the back of the net, and crucially, do it with consistency. They're also fairly low risk – much lower risk than blowing money on Huntelaar who has potential to be a real disaster.

PaulLFC

BBC are saying Chelsea are "open" to loaning Sturridge, I'd be surprised if they were though. Even if Schurrle signs that only leaves them with two strikers doesn't it, him and Torres?

Salazar

Steve Bartram ‏@stevebartram1
SAF on Berbatov: "It wouldn't surprise me if he's at Tottenham. I don't think he's certain to go to Fulham, put it that way."

Ian Irving ‏@ianirvingtv
Sir Alex Ferguson confirms there will be "no more business" today on transfers in to #MUFC

Wazza out for four weeks.

Young injured, not seriously.

Evans fit.

PaulLFC

SAF on Berbatov: "It wouldn't surprise me if he's at Tottenham. I don't think he's certain to go to Fulham, put it that way."

Ian Irving ‏@ianirvingtv
Sir Alex Ferguson confirms there will be "no more business" today on transfers in to #MUFC

Evans fit.
Does "no more transfers" from Ferguson ever mean that until the transfer window's actually closed, though? Seems like he says it every year, and then carries on signing players.

bjaelke

Danish youngster Lucas Andersen could be on his way IN to Ajax from Aalborg.
Well this is certainly not something new. One of the biggest talents right now so makes sense that Ajax would go for him.
I completely understand, but no matter how I look at it I think they're both very good players and we need people like them, who will put the ball in the back of the net, and crucially, do it with consistency. They're also fairly low risk – much lower risk than blowing money on Huntelaar who has potential to be a real disaster.

But Sturridge isn't even that big of a goal threat. Dempsey might make sense even though I can't make out where he should play.
Where can I follow transfers LIVE (that also covers Real Madrid) ?

Both in text and stream.

http://www.goal.com/en/live-update/1180/deadline-day-live

Salazar

Does "no more transfers" from Ferguson ever mean that until the transfer window's actually closed, though? Seems like he says it every year, and then carries on signing players.

Dunno.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho
Fulham accept an Aston Villa bid for Clint Dempsey. Don't expect #SAFC to be drawn into a bidding war - won't happen.

pappe

Ian Irving ‏@ianirvingtv

Evans fit.

Yet another transfer window. Millions spent. Team Strengthened except where we lack the most.

Mixed feelings.

Going to bed and when I wake up we better have gotten some transfers done. I'll take anybody at this point. It would be nice if those Moutinho rumors had some substance.

Carbonox

Dunno.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho
Fulham accept an Aston Villa bid for Clint Dempsey. Don't expect #SAFC to be drawn into a bidding war - won't happen.

Dempsey wouldn't accept a move to Villa though, would he? He wants CL football and Aston Villa is a worse move than than staying with Fulham.

pappe

Dempsey wouldn't accept a move to Villa though, would he? He wants CL football and Aston Villa is a worse move than than staying with Fulham.

If he wants to play regular football he does not really have a choice. Fulham wont accept a low bid from Liverpool and there is no way he is gonna stay at Fulham and play. He has dug himself a hole there.

Doron Salomon

Fergie on the Berb: "When we changed our game, it didn't suit him. We started to play with more speed"

dc89

Froggie's thoughts on Berba's situation are intriguing!

He could end up anywhere?
It wouldn't happen but I'd laugh if he turned up at The Etihad. City were keen on him when United signed him.

Lightning

Banned
Of all the players we are being linked with Cabaye, who will not join us, is the only player I would want us to sign. Fuck I wish we went for M'Vila we would have got him...

Essien? Oh no... Chelsea can keep their trash on their side of London.

pappe

Of all the players we are being linked with Cabaye, who will not join us, is the only player I would want us to sign. Fuck I wish we went for M'Vila we would have got him...

Essien? Oh no... Chelsea can keep their trash on their side of London.

Not even Tiote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom