• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Froggie's thoughts on Berba's situation are intriguing!

He could end up anywhere?
It wouldn't happen but I'd laugh if he turned up at The Etihad. City were keen on him when United signed him.

Berbatov literally said when he wanted to leave that he'd never go to City because he has more class and respect than that.

Pachimari

Well this is certainly not something new. One of the biggest talents right now so makes sense that Ajax would go for him.

But Sturridge isn't even that big of a goal threat. Dempsey might make sense even though I can't make out where he should play.

http://www.goal.com/en/live-update/1180/deadline-day-live

Sky stream: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/1267/1/sky-sports-news-live-stream-online.html
I can't watch the stream.
I need some kind of iLiv plug-in which only downloads in .exe.

I can't believe Bendtner to Juventus.. =/ Hahaha.

bjaelke

I can't watch the stream.
I need some kind of iLiv plug-in which only downloads in .exe.

I can't believe Bendtner to Juventus.. =/ Hahaha.

Sorry. Didn't have any problems in Chrome. Your best bet is the poisonous environment that is Twitter. Tread with caution.

footie gaf do you guys have any info on Dean Furman (Oldham Athletic, England), the coach just called him up for a friendly (south africa), is he any good? We dont really get league one here

Clegg

Fergies comment on Berba to Spurs seems very tongue in cheek. I reckon the deal to Fulham isn't done yet but Spurs aren't really interested in him either.
Boss: Another Berbatov twist?

Sir Alex Ferguson has wished Dimitar Berbatov well - but does not think the Bulgarian is certain to join Fulham yet.

The striker has undergone a medical with Martin Jol's side and will depart Old Trafford before the deadline but there could be yet another twist regarding his future.

"Dimitar was always going to be going," admitted the boss. "I said last year he'd be leaving at the end of the season. He's not gone yet, though. I don't know anything about it.

"There has not been any contact from him. We thought he was in Italy, but it turned out he isn't. He could be anywhere. I really mean that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's at Tottenham. There are rumours going around. I do not think it's settled at Fulham, put it that way.

"He's a very talented player and his contribution is good, particularly at home. He's the only player to score a hat-trick against Liverpool for United. When we changed our game, it didn't suit him. We started to play with more speed. Wherever he goes, he'll do well."

There is unlikely to be any other activity around Old Trafford before the deadline on Friday night.

"There will not be any more business today," stressed Sir Alex. "There's no need to loan today. We can do that seven days after the deadline. There are one or two players we need to get out on loan - younger players - but we don't have to make a decision on that at the moment."

So, De Jong is pretty much done, Galliani is still looking for a LB (Peluso from Atalanta or Antonelli from Genoa) and, drum roll, Kakà: two year loan, mandatory buyout in 2014. Not sure if that's ever going to happen, though (SportMerdaset says that the offer will be sent to Madrid in about an hour, which could be too late for the signing and everything).

I'm pretty happy with the CL Group, we'll definitely draw with Zenith and Malaga, but the home matches should be pretty much on our level. I'm getting back to regret the Thiago/Ibra transfer to PSG, if those two would've stayed we could have won the group pretty easily, while still aiming for the scudetto. Galliani says that Allegri should aim for that, I still think that Juve is stronger than us, but a 2nd place is definitely possibile right now.

Also, 18th September is going to be a pretty busy day: Borderlands 2, Battleborn, Milan-Anderlecht, my mum's birthday. Hooray.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
VDV is off. Was in and out of Spurs Lodge in a few minutes this morning. You better have a big signing up your sleeve Levy!

Froggie's thoughts on Berba's situation are intriguing!

He could end up anywhere?
It wouldn't happen but I'd laugh if he turned up at The Etihad. City were keen on him when United signed him.

jcAzqnKo4mmDJ.jpg

Get out

So, Leverkusen really let Yesil go, what the fuck. They have a buy back option under certain conditions, though. Considering that shitty deal, it's probably a buy back option for when he fails lol

bjaelke

Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM
#LFC weighing up Leandro Damiao. Been offered the option of season long loan at cost of £3m. Option to sign him on perm for £13m next summer
The book doesn't have Jennifer Lawrence!

Everton are about to sign Oviedo... Woodenlung on suicide watch?

Copenhagen are selling a lot of their "star" players after missing out on CL.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
#LFC weighing up Leandro Damiao. Been offered the option of season long loan at cost of £3m. Option to sign him on perm for £13m next summer

ahahahahaha

Salazar

What books are on the course?

Ian McEwan - Atonement.
J.M. Coetzee - Disgrace.
Jennifer Egan - A Visit From the Goon Squad.
Alison Bechdel - Fun Home.
Chris Cleave - Gold.
Robert Adamson - The Goldfinches of Baghdad.

McEwan and Bechdel interest me. Coetzee's book is tedious and bleak little moral experiment. Cleave is a twee sentimentalist, and Adamson is not even the best poet of his clique. Egan's book doesn't really go anywhere: it's a Tom Perrotta bad-decisions-in-modern-America thing without the structure of those books.

PJX

Copenhagen are selling a lot of their "star" players after missing out on CL.

I've never seen him play before, how good is he? What type of player is he? Would he fit Roger's style? Anything to get excited over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom