• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I love the negativity towards Maicon. So he's shit because Bale skinned him a few times?

Using that logic City should have sold Barry after the World Cup and United should get rid of Rooney because the last few derbies he's been in Kompany's pocket.

Give the guy a chance. Mancini Is trying to blend youth and experience.

What does Bale have to do with it? Maicon has been crap for 2 seasons, that's why there is negativity towards Maicon. I'd much rather have Zabaleta myself.

PJX

The hottest WAG in the league has gone.

Unbelievable.gif

ShogunX

What a twat Jim White is. Never seen a man look so smug and confident purely because he's going to get overly excited about third hand sky sources news which the majority turns out to be pure bullshit.

Arnie

Very strange how Porto have lowered their demands for Moutinho on the last day of the transfer window, quite considerably too.

Looks a great signing for Spurs though.

Bo-Locks

Jim White with a Harry Hill collar on Sky. I thought they had a channel dedicated to this shit, why do they have to invade Sky News with it.

ShogunX

What's everyone think of the Europa league draw? Tough group for Liverpool but looking forward to seeing Udinese and Anzhi at Anfield.

Choc

Banned
so lets say Dempsey doesnt get the pool deal and no one signs him

he's pretty much fucked right?

I mean Jol would play him if he wanted to play for Fulham, but the damage is crazy. I just don't know why players do this

Choc

Banned
So the A-League is better than Serie A after all?

haha never said that sheesh :)

i know that all this is is del piero cashing a cheque and sitting on our beaches enjoying our babes for 6 months

but its still huge for Australian football

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
haha never said that sheesh :)

i know that all this is is del piero cashing a cheque and sitting on our beaches enjoying our babes for 6 months

but its still huge for Australian football

Oh I know, a former member did. ;)

Del Piero is not playing for the money, never did.
Or the babes

LTWheels

so lets say Dempsey doesnt get the pool deal and no one signs him

he's pretty much fucked right?

I mean Jol would play him if he wanted to play for Fulham, but the damage is crazy. I just don't know why players do this

Hope pool signs him. We need some experienced players in our squad. Signing young players is good and all, but need some elder players as well. Rather sign Dempsey than Sturridge on loan.

TeegsD

What's everyone think of the Europa league draw? Tough group for Liverpool but looking forward to seeing Udinese and Anzhi at Anfield.

I feel as though Sporting got off with a pretty decent group. We can definitely top it as long as we don't fuck up but thats too much to ask for nowadays. The other two Portuguese teams, Academica and Maritimo, didn't get as lucky. I hope that they can make it through. Really good for the country.

Arnie

Udinese and Anzhi should be decent ties, but both are winnable, which is what you want really. In all honesty I don't see any teams that are particularly intimidating, and Udinese are probably the 'best' team in the competition, so it's a tough group.

Arnie

If we can also bring in Willian, I won't be that fussed about a striker. Levy <3

You need a striker more than you need Willian.

Will also be interesting to see you switch to 4-3-3 now, which AVB said he would do if you got Moutinho. Completely new spine, completely new formation. I laughed at Usho's assertion that 'AVB wasn't going to change much' at the time, but in retrospect it's even funnier.

ShogunX

Udinese and Anzhi should be decent ties, but both are winnable, which is what you want really. In all honesty I don't see any teams that are particularly intimidating, and Udinese are probably the 'best' team in the competition, so it's a tough group.

Would honestly rather have a decent group like we have rather than going to the arse end of Romania and Kazakhstan playing unknown teams. I know the Anzhi trip will be a long one but at least they are a known quantity.

Hopefully the matches will be £14 like last night.

near

Gold Member
You need a striker more than you need Willian.

Will also be interesting to see you switch to 4-3-3 now, which AVB said he would do if you got Moutinho. Completely new spine, completely new formation. I laughed at Usho's assertion that 'AVB wasn't going to change much' at the time, but in retrospect it's even funnier.

We're pursuing a striker I believe.

If Levy doesn't support AVB with all he's targets and ambitions, then there was no point in sacking Harry. AVB has he's toys now, so it's completely down to him to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom