• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Rennes chairman De Saint Sernin says Spurs gave up on M'Vila at 19:30 last night & insists he's not going to #MCFC or any other English club

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Rennes chairman says he's 95 percent sure M'Vila is staying put - and adds he will only go if a Russian or Ukrainian club make a late bid

Salvadora

Luscious. Still too fat though.

No she isn't
SAhw5.jpg

Meier

As if this has any relevance, to anything at all.

Just kind of a funny anecdote. He will not move for less than £25m though, that's pretty evident.

Lucas Moura is still at Sao Paulo as well. I guess PSG paid about what they would have wanted in the game too.

Clegg

This.

Also, Ireland-GAF: Irish girl turned on her heel in disgust Thursday night, after seeing that my green shirt was in fact German. Horrible feeling.

We're rather anti-Germany at the moment.

Ask her to come back to your place so you can give her a piece offering of a cup of tea and a ham sandwich.

TeegsD

He´s a bit of dirty tackler but he was fantastic for them. This has been a great transfer day for Sporting. Benfica and Porto just sold two of their best players and they won´t find anyone to replace them in such short notice. Now, if we could just get a new striker, it would be a perfect day.

Who do we currently have? Ricky, Rubio, and Viola right? Has Viola played yet?

Meier

Yeah we've been rinsed a little there.

It was his release clause (€30m). Read that Platt and Salsano had been to watch him in person recently and were impressed. Looking forward to seeing him on the team!

Now hopefully we get Nastasic taken care of and buy Jojo while we're at it. Would make for a fantastic final day of the window.

City splashing another 24 million? Dat FFP.

Another 24m as if City have spent much in the past year? :lol

dc89

Gonna quickly venture on to bluemoon transfer forum.

Threads for De Rossi, Dempsey, Llorente, Villa, Lennon. And sweet baby Jesus 'Private Jet flying in to Manchester'.

And I'm out of there.

Duncan Castles said €20m + 3m in add-ons for Javi Garcia. Sounds like a much better deal for City (than £24m)

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Aulas: "The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years.”

2lswjvdy5y.gif

Aulas: "Hugo's been troubled by the difficulty in negotiations. He has agreed personal terms with #thfc , he remains under that impression. But we've had Hugo on the telephone for a long time overnight and this morning and hes completely undecided about what happens next".

What does that even mean?

TeegsD

My favourite Sporting player is Diego Capel. Think he's brilliant.

Capel is a great player that when on form, is amazing to watch. He works hard for the entire game. Can cross the ball really well. But he has times where he just holds on to the ball for too long and usually ends up losing possession when there were clearly many options to pass the ball. As far as this season goes, I only saw the game yesterday and he was absolutely brilliant in it. Shouldve made it onto the score sheet.

Arnie

Sturridge has only a year left on his contract anyway.

o66xD.gif

Capel is a great player that when on form, is amazing to watch. He works hard for the entire game. Can cross the ball really well. But he has times where he just holds on to the ball for too long and usually ends up losing possession when there were clearly many options to pass the ball. As far as this season goes, I only saw the game yesterday and he was absolutely brilliant in it. Shouldve made it onto the score sheet.

Aye, in fairness my opinion of him is based on a few Europa League games a season, so there's definite holes in my scouting report.

Salvadora

Andrei Arshavin has been left out of Fabio Capello's 24-man Russia squad for the two upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Northern Ireland and Israel.
The 31-year-old Arsenal forward has been a mainstay in the national team since 2002, winning 74 caps and scoring 17 goals.
But his work ethic has been called into question after appearing to ask teammates not to pass the ball to him at the recent Euro 2012 tournament. Russia crashed out in the group stage.
http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120831/175542256.html
:lol

Meier

Duncan Castles said €20m + 3m in add-ons for Javi Garcia. Sounds like a much better deal for City (than £24m)

Very nice, hope that's true. There had been speculation he could go for less than his release clause previously but Benfica's Chairman (or President?) had said he wouldn't go for less than it publicly the other day.

Meier

Yeah it's kind of weak.

Fifa had a good go at it in Career Mode.

FIFA's is a bit frustrating with the one hour jump ahead but it's pretty neat just the same. Hopefully FM steps their game up a little in this regard.. but at least it's usually not just 1 click and it's the next day. Sometimes takes a few click throughs but it's of course entirely random which can be frustrating when you're trying to unload a guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom