• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

BBC Sport reporter Matt Slater tweets: "At Liverpool playing 20 questions with Rodgers... oh, we've stopped. Poker-faced on Walcott, Sturridge and Dempsey. No to Huntelaar."

Hixx

bd35.jpg

She has a great personality

She might look like a shaved, feminine Russell Brand but I totally want to stick my face in her chest.

NHale

Javi Garcia is good, but £24 million?

I'm sure the fee will be lower than that. Portuguese newspapers are the source and they like to inflate the prices especially when it's Benfica. It will probably end up being around 20 + bonus objectives.

Remember they are the same newspapers that said Axel Witsel for Real Madrid was a done deal and it would cost Real 40M to get him. So use a bunch of salt everytime the source is a Portuguese newspaper and the news regards Benfica.

Javi Garcia is a great player for the Portuguese Liga but I'm not sure he is good enough for a top team in the world. We will see.

RaGe_pt

I'm sure the fee will be lower than that. Portuguese newspapers are the source and they like to inflate the prices especially when it's Benfica.

It will probably be around 20 + bonus objectives.

This man speaks the truth. It won't be that much don't worry City fans. I would worry more about the red cards the guy is going to get! xD

If Javi Garcia is the star signing for the summer for City...well, I'm not "pleased" but relieved for sure. Was expecting a more frightening purchase.

Of course Garcia may prove to be amazing, I really don't know, but it's not immediately as daunting as somebody like De Rossi.

Interesting that City have spent £40m on CM this summer. We spent zilch. :lol

Choc

Banned
where are all these mid tier clubs getting the money?

edit: anyone signing for rangers is fucking stupid, they are at least 3 seasons from the SPL

Stuttgart
FC København
Steaua Bukarest
Molde

Not the easiest group ever but should be able to get through. Pape Pate Diouf that useless fucker better not score against us now for Molde. Will be nice to see a return to Kvist even if it will be against us.

where are all these mid tier clubs getting the money?

From being in the premier league? It's not Spain.

So is our number 9 gonna stay untaken all season?

I say give it to Rooney, van Persie to get 10.
No.

Just leave it. Shirt numbers aren't that a big or at least they shouldn't be. Next year somebody can take it, either a new signing or maybe RVP, Welbeck, even Shinji if he wants it, or a new signing.

D_prOdigy

No.

Just leave it. Shirt numbers aren't that a big or at least they shouldn't be. Next year somebody can take it, either a new signing or maybe RVP, Welbeck, even Shinji if he wants it, or a new signing.

But that's just sensical talk. We need SOMETHING to speculate about today

:(

Choc

Banned
Stuttgart
FC København
Steaua Bukarest
Molde

Not the easiest group ever but should be able to get through. Pape Pate Diouf that useless fucker better not score against us now for Molde. Will be nice to see a return to Kvist even if it will be against us.

From being in the premier league? It's not Spain.

QPR have signed 12 players. Thats quite a wage bill surely

Apparently Spurs will get Lloris for £8m + £4m in add-ons.

What a deal that would be. Spurs have got the damn thing done today.

QPR have signed 12 players. Thats quite a wage bill surely
Next year PL teams earn an extra £60m from TV revenue. They just need to stay up and they'll be covered and some.

Choc

Banned
Apparently Spurs will get Lloris for £8m + £4m in add-ons.

What a deal that would be. Spurs have got the damn thing done today.

Next year PL teams earn an extra £60m from TV revenue. They just need to stay up and they'll be covered and some.

AVB finally showing his prowess?

Zabojnik

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly made a deadline-day bid for Athletic Bilbao frontman Fernando Llorente.

The 27-year-old's contract at the Basque club will expire next summer and he has already told last year's Europa League finalists that he will not sign a new deal.

Spanish radio station COPE have this afternoon said that Spurs have offered an initial €12.5 (£10m) for the striker.

Italian champions Juventus have been heavily linked with the Spanish international, although the Turin club have now made a move for Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner.

I'll say it again. If Llorente goes to Tottenham for around 25M€, Marotta better start running. Fast.

Wilbur

Banned
AVB's doing a great job I think. Resigned a striker that was there last season, sold one player who has wanted to leave for a year and brought in some very good players. King and Modric were forced upon him. The only possible mis-step is VdV but there's a definite argument for letting him leave. Doing a good job so far.

I'd expect the last of the three we go for will be Willian, but I wouldn't be surprised if the chairman puts a late offer in a striker. Supposedly we've cast our net far and wide this summer, and that sometimes means a club offer you a previously unattainable player late on at a discount.

AVB's doing a great job I think. Resigned a striker that was there last season, sold one player who has wanted to leave for a year and brought in some very good players. King and Modric were forced upon him. The only possible mis-step is VdV but there's a definite argument for letting him leave. Doing a good job so far.

Well put. I just really hope we get Moutinho.

Bumhead

Banned
edit: anyone signing for rangers is fucking stupid, they are at least 3 seasons from the SPL

Why?

A few of the players Rangers are signing are seeing out the latter days of their career. 3rd division or not, it's probably the last chance some of them have got to playing infront of 40,000 supporters every other week. Even some of the younger players might not have that chance again. Plus, should this group of players guide Rangers back up through the leagues they'll pretty much be immortalised for their role in helping the club in its hour of need. Depending on how much that would mean to you.

The "Project" of trying to get Rangers "back" isn't for everyone no, but there are a lot of players who will see it as a no brainer if they get a call from them.

near

Gold Member

vdV isn't a mis-step. We're trying to sign players, which means we need to balance the books. We got a good deal on vdV, bought him for £8m, had him for two seasons, sold him for £11m at the age of 29. Good business on Levy's part.

Seriously Tottenham's summer business is damn impressive.

OUT
Modric - £33m
VDV - £10m
Pienaar - £4.5m
Kranjcar - £6m
Corluka - £5.5m

Total - £60m

IN
Moutinho - £22m
Gylfi - £8m
Vertonghen - £10m
Dembele - £15m
Adebayor - £5m

Total - £60m

Breaking even and basically strengthening in every position - maybe not in directly replacing Modric, but Moutinho is still good and Dembele is another great CM option.

That's just breaking even...if they on to spend beyond that now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom