• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Seriously Tottenham's summer business is damn impressive.

OUT
Modric - £33m
VDV - £10m
Pienaar - £4.5m
Kranjcar - £6m
Corluka - £5.5m

Total - £60m

IN
Moutinho - £22m
Gylfi - £8m
Vertonghen - £10m
Dembele - £15m
Adebayor - £5m

Total - £60m

Breaking even and basically strengthening in every position - maybe not in directly replacing Modric, but Moutinho is still good and Dembele is another great CM option.

That's just breaking even...if they on to spend beyond that now...

brb fapping

(dos Santos out too)

Wilbur

Banned
Viva, Lloris as well. Net spend of 10m for some great players.

vdV isn't a mis-step. We're trying to sign players, which means we need to balance the books. We got a good deal on vdV, bought him for £8m, had him for two seasons, sold him for £11m at the age of 29. Good business on Levy's part.

Agreed, but he can still bring something. I don't think it's bad business at all but a different situation to Modric.

near

Gold Member
Seriously Tottenham's summer business is damn impressive.

OUT
Modric - £33m
VDV - £10m
Pienaar - £4.5m
Kranjcar - £6m
Corluka - £5.5m

Total - £60m

IN
Moutinho - £22m
Gylfi - £8m
Vertonghen - £10m
Dembele - £15m
Adebayor - £5m

Total - £60m

Breaking even and basically strengthening in every position - maybe not in directly replacing Modric, but Moutinho is still good and Dembele is another great CM option.

That's just breaking even...if they on to spend beyond that now...

You're forgetting we also sold Bassong for around £3m. You're missing Dos Santos, and we can hopefully expect Jenas and Bentley to be sold by tonight.

That's not including the money we got for Pav in January, and the likes of Crouch, Palacios, Hutton and O'Hara last summer Viva.

I'm still not convinced this approach of saving money at the cost of the opening two games is worth it though.

Wes

venison crêpe
@mat kendrick
Just to update on the Christian Benteke situation, it seems Villa have been given encouragement by Genk that a deal can be done #avfc

Please... let this happen!

Enjoying Deadline day with Dan Walker a lot better than what SSN have.

But you're missing this

1651000_o.gif

feel

Fucking City. Fucking City. Fucking City. Fucking City. Fucking City. Fucking City. Fucking City.
Sucks supporting Portuguese clubs huh? At least Benfica still manages to hang on to their great players for a while, I pretty much can't let myself fall in love with any Porto player anymore. :(

rvy

Banned
lfvlwzwi.jpg

MOTHERFUCKING MANCHESTER CITY!

Sucks supporting Portuguese clubs huh? At least Benfica still manages to hang on to their great players for a while, I pretty much can't let myself fall in love with any Porto player anymore. :(

That's because you win too much! You win too much and they don't last long. We win shit and they don't last long either. I'd prefer winning too much.

TeegsD

At least you guys know how to properly negotiate a sale. We fucking sell anyone for pretty much the first offer.

Clegg

Pretty happy with Uniteds business tbh. We've replaced 2 peripheral strikers with 2 brilliant forwards, gotten cover for Evra and signed two highly rated 18 year olds. Only negatives are not signing a CM and losing Pogba.

United In:

RVP
Kagawa
Powell
Henriquez
Buttner

Out:
Berbatov
Owen
Fryers
Pogba
Park
Fabio (loan)

Who's gonna do Javi Garcia's position now? Witsel? If so, then I guess if Witsel doesn't get injured it's gonna be fine, Witsel is very good as well. If not... Then I don't know. Javi has always been great.

So basically Spurs are in profit for the summer.

#basedlevy

Let's see if they get Moutinho, Lloris and maybe somebody else through the door first though.

High player turnover is always risky though. Players need time to settle.

Hugo Lloris with the player liaison officer!

I have to say that I'm not 100% convinced by his slight build. He makes some fantastic saves, but so did Gomes. Let's wait and see how he deals with crosses. But a good option for a keeper that can pass it out from the back.

kharma45

Now that I see him with the Fulham kit I can finally say goodbye :(

j9Q17hu2U59xh.PNG

So basically Spurs are in profit for the summer.

#basedlevy

Let's see if they get Moutinho, Lloris and maybe somebody else through the door first though.

High player turnover is always risky though. Players need time to settle.

Lloris seems done provided he passes his medical.

NHale

At least Lucho is going to stay until he's old because nobody will dare offer the wage he is receiving now.

At least you guys know how to properly negotiate a sale. We fucking sell anyone for pretty much the first offer.

I still can't believe how Sporting sold Joao Pereira before the Euro. Completely stupid decision. At least you guys will receive part of the Joao Moutinho fee, so the best idea is to sell your best players to Porto and retain a % of the next sale, Porto will inflate their prices and make good deals for you.

Who's gonna do Javi Garcia's position now? Witsel? If so, then I guess if Witsel doesn't get injured it's gonna be fine, Witsel is very good as well. If not... Then I don't know. Javi has always been great.

JJ will probably put Carlos Martins in just to troll him a little bit more. Or one of the 6 left wingers on the squad while stuck with Melgarejo at LB.

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty happy with Uniteds business tbh. We've replaced 2 peripheral strikers with 2 brilliant forwards, gotten cover for Evra and signed two highly rated 18 year olds. Only negatives are not signing a CM and losing Pogba.

United In:

RVP
Kagawa
Powell
Henriquez
Buttner

Out:
Berbatov
Owen
Fryers
Pogba
Park
Fabio (loan)

Agreed. If we had kept Pogba and he was getting first team action I'd have been fucking delighted. As it is I'm very very happy. Kagawa especially looks like a wonderful signing. Cheers Dortmund!

kharma45

Agreed. If we had kept Pogba and he was getting first team action I'd have been fucking delighted. As it is I'm very very happy. Kagawa especially looks like a wonderful signing. Cheers Dortmund!

Yeah a great pity we couldn't keep Pogba but we've other prospects coming through and Fletcher is coming back it seems.

TeegsD

Thanks, it cheered me up a bit remembering I don't support Sporting.
;_;

I still can't believe how Sporting sold Joao Pereira before the Euro. Completely stupid decision. At least you guys will receive part of the Joao Moutinho fee, so the best idea is to sell your best players to Porto and retain a % of the next sale, Porto will inflate their prices and make good deals for you.

I still cannot believe it either. I never want to have to sell a player to Porto ever again, no matter what money we get. I hope Moutinho has enough tears for the rough tackles he's gonna get in the EPL

K1LLER7

Duncan Castles

Source close to Moutinho confirms Porto have not agreed fee with Tottenham yet. Player is pushing for the move. #THFC

Frogson get in there.

rvy

Banned
Duncan Castles

Source close to Moutinho confirms Porto have not agreed fee with Tottenham yet. Player is pushing for the move. #THFC

Frogson get in there.

lol, you don't get it. Players don't push for moves in Porto. Players shut the fuck up and do what they're told. Which is how it should be. And if they don't, they done goofed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom