• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

AFCAMDEN ‏@AFCAMDEN
A lot of disappointed Arsenal supporters, and rightly so. Money to spend and time to spend it with clear squad deficiencies.
Fucking right we had money to spend. Wonder were it'll all go now.

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh yeah I'll be watching.

Pretty excited if only for Smith; looking back through individual episodes I fucking hate most of them but its greater than the sum of its parts and you do get some truly brilliant television.

Whilst I will miss Gillan the new companion is darn good looking. I know this from my days when I watched Emmerdale.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh yeah I'll be watching.

Whilst I will miss Gillan the new companion is darn good looking. I know this from my days when I watched Emmerdale.

I can't say I've ever watched Emmerdale in my life, fuck watching a bunch of farmers rape and murder each other. I'll just visit Bristol if I want to see that.

Arnie

Sahin article on the Guardian from today got buried, here's a choice quote:

Sahin, who is in line to make his debut against Arsenal on Sunday after Liverpool paid £5m to Madrid for his temporary services, said: "Money? You don't know me very well if you think I would go for money. If it was about money I wouldn't be here. I had quite a lot of offers that would have allowed me to earn three times as much as I will earn here.

"I turn 24 next week and I don't care about money. I know that I will earn a lot of money in my career if everything goes well and it would be impossible in my situation and in my mind to put money above playing football. I could have gone to many places and earned much more than here. The only reason I am here is that I know that I can play football, I know that I have a manager who trusts in me and the way I play, and I am at a huge club. That is why I am here."

So, I just heard about this deadline extension right now. Did I get it right, that the deal must be done already or otherwise Spurs wouldn't have got that extension granted?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Naismith looks like a good player, well done by Moyes to get him for free. Mirallas looks good as well.

Did you see the cup game against Orient? Coleman looked dangerous at RB, maybe Moyes is warming up to playing him there.

Isn't that where he originally played at?

Wilbur

Banned

K1LLER7

So the deal for Moutinho is done and only the paper work is left? Isn't that the only way he'll get on the list? Otherwise the extension shouldn't be given.

Wilbur

Banned
I need to say this again.

Watch "The West Wing"

Its simply phenomenal.

Saw the box set for £38 second hand the other day so will pick it up eventually, but I've still got Sopranos, Band Of Brothers, Generation Kill and Six Feet Under to watch at home

Arnie

There we go. Fuck everything. Goodnight.

Be still my beating penis.

Saw the box set for £38 second hand the other day so will pick it up eventually, but I've still got Sopranos, Band Of Brothers, Generation Kill and Six Feet Under to watch at home

Fuck me, you haven't seen those? Jesus christ you're in for a TV orgasm. Band of Brothers is just brilliant. I remember coming in from school, turning off the lights and drawing the curtains and just immersing myself in Band of Brothers the first time through, sucking Werther's Originals as I watched.

faridmon

I think I am the only one around here who doesn't watch TV Series/dramas. The only franchise I am invested in is The Mentalist and that kind of started somehow :/

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck me, you haven't seen those? Jesus christ you're in for a TV orgasm. Band of Brothers is just brilliant. I remember coming in from school, turning off the lights and drawing the curtains and just immersing myself in Band of Brothers the first time through, sucking Werther's Originals as I watched.

Saw two and a half seasons of Six Feet Under on Sky Atlantic but fell behind, first episode of Sopranos and the episode of BoB when they
find Auschwitz (I assume it's Auschwitz, or just some random concentration camp)
in Drama. Will get round to it, but it's more likely I'll be sucking a dick than Werther's Originals. I hate them, they taste so odd.

kharma45

Saw two and a half seasons of Six Feet Under on Sky Atlantic but fell behind, first episode of Sopranos and the episode of BoB when they find
Auschwitz (I assume it's Auschwitz, or just some random concentration camp) in Drama.
Will get round to it, but it's more likely I'll be sucking a dick than Werther's Originals. I hate them, they taste so odd.

YOU BETTER FUCKING WATCH ALL OF BOB FROM THE START.

There we go. Fuck everything. Goodnight.

iu210RvWHQyM9.gif

Arnie

Saw two and a half seasons of Six Feet Under on Sky Atlantic but fell behind, first episode of Sopranos and the episode of BoB when they find Auschwitz (I assume it's Auschwitz, or just some random concentration camp) in Drama. Will get round to it, but it's more likely I'll be sucking a dick than Werther's Originals. I hate them, they taste so odd.

Well The Sopranos is the best television show ever created, so have fun.

My brother's going through it now and he keeps posting shit on my Facebook about it which makes me wish I could scrub my mind clear and relive it all again for the very first time.

Wes

venison crêpe
If I had to recommend 5 TV shows everyone should watch I'd go with:

1) The West Wing
2) The Wire
3) Friday Night Lights
4) Arrested Development
5) Band of Brothers

I've never seen Twin Peaks. I've held off watching it because I know how acclaimed it is and don't want to be as equally mad as everyone else that it finished early.

kharma45

Well The Sopranos is the best television show ever created, so have fun.

My brother's going through it now and he keeps posting shit on my Facebook about it which makes me wish I could scrub my mind clear and relive it all again for the very first time.

I've been following it since it started on Sky Atlantic, only 4 eps to go!

Yeah I will eventually haha

ALSO WHY THE FUCK HAVENT YOU AND CLEGG CHANGED YOUR AVATARS YET

I'll change when I find something else suitably awesome.

Arnie

Good find on the Sahin article, Arnie. I like him.

So do I, he's going to lob Scheiezsesezeyny from his our own half on Sunday.

I've been following it since it started on Sky Atlantic, only 4 eps to go!

There's a specific song that plays in the final scene, and it sometimes plays in clubs on nights out and I have a sort of semi-Sopranos breakdown on the dancefloor. After a fair few bevvies, mind.

So, in the last 3 years:

Money spent on players (minus earnings from selling players)
BVB: €1.46m
Bayern: €116.4m

Shows what an awesome job Zorc, Klopp, Watzke and the whole club did.

Conor 419

Banned
If I had to recommend 5 TV shows everyone should watch I'd go with:

1) The West Wing
2) The Wire
3) Friday Night Lights
4) Arrested Development
5) Band of Brothers

I've never seen Twin Peaks. I've held off watching it because I know how acclaimed it is and don't want to be as equally mad as everyone else that it finished early.

1| Trigger Happy TV
2| Planet Earth
3| The Wire
4| Breaking Bad
5| Arrested Development

Wilbur

Banned

Ehh... I'm really not too fussed at the moment. Shinji and Robin were beasting the other day from the looks of things, second Rooney came on we went all disjointed.

Also:

1. Deadwood
2. The Office UK
3. The Wire
4. Father Ted
5. Arrested Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom