• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
So Arsenal signed no one today? I mean, I was fine with Song leaving, but where are the replacements? We don't even have a backup striker; Park, Bendnter and Chamakh are all out on loan? That's not going to end well...

Also, thought Dempsey to Spurs for 6m is uncharacteristically high for Levy (and Lloris for 8-12m is a fucking steal... why oh why weren't we in for him); not getting Moutinho is a shame for the PL, but really good for us. Modric was a big part in Spurs having parity with our midfield the past couple derbies, now I'd say we comfortably have the second best midfield in the league (if Diaby stays fit). We've weakened again, but can't see dropping out of top 4 this year. 4th, after Chelsea, City, United.

Soi-Fong

So Arsenal signed no one today? I mean, I was fine with Song leaving, but where are the replacements? We don't even have a backup striker; Park, Bendnter and Chamakh are all out on loan? That's not going to end well...

Also, thought Dempsey to Spurs for 6m is uncharacteristically high for Levy (and Lloris for 8-12m is a fucking steal... why oh why weren't we in for him); not getting Moutinho is a shame for the PL, but really good for us. Modric was a big part in Spurs having parity with our midfield the past couple derbies, now I'd say we comfortably have the second best midfield in the league (if Diaby stays fit). We've weakened again, but can't see dropping out of top 4 this year. 4th, after Chelsea, City, United.

Lol You really expecting Chelsea to get first? After their decimation today against Athletico, I wouldn't be so sure. Athletico did well in exposing their weaknesses. Hazard and Mata were given no space to operate whatsoever and the defense was horrid.

The PL trophy is staying in Manchester.

jtb

Banned
Lol You really expecting Chelsea to get first? After their decimation today against Athletico, I wouldn't be so sure. Athletico did well in exposing their weaknesses. Hazard and Mata were given no space to operate whatsoever and the defense was horrid.

The PL trophy is staying in Manchester.

reverse order. Chelsea 3rd, City 2nd, United 1st. Arsenal 4th.

The people are crazy about the clubs, the stadiums are fantastic and the way they want to play football with a high tempo and high level of passing is also similar.

Why you left us in the first place..... =\

Sahin, on a season-long loan, has not given up on a return to Spain but Liverpool have an £11m option to buy him outright if he lives up to Rodgers’ faith and rediscovers his previous form. "It would be perfect if I’d a very hard decision to make"

He's so going to sign a permanent deal there isn't he?

Forgive me I'm still bitter about his transfer after a year =((((

Lightning

Banned
Another summer where we don't spend and make a profit from sales. This is disgusting... and only confirms RVP was right all along. He knew how this summer would go indeed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think you could guess.

Juve?

aIM56.gif

Arnie

Why you left us in the first place..... =\

He's so going to sign a permanent deal there isn't he?

Forgive me I'm still bitter about his transfer after a year =((((

At least he'd be at a club who'd appreciate him like you guys did, both as a player and an idol. He got brushed under the carpet at Madrid.

Soi-Fong

Another summer where we don;t spend and make a profit from sales. This is disgusting... and only confirms RVP was right all along. He knew how this summer would go indeed.

It actually is insane. I was expecting at least one more dip into the market from Wenger..

Really wondered if RVP knew this all along... Almost like RVP was questioning where in the fucking world is the board's passion for trying to compete..

Diablos54

I think any of the top 3 (Chelsea/United/City) could win the title, it all depends on form and injury. Arsenal have no chance, and Tottenham just don't have the strength to be consistent enough all year round. The battle for 4th will be very interesting with 3 or 4 clubs fighting tooth and nail to get it (Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle and maybe Everton).

Arnie

On a day when we've been disastrous in the transfer market I'm going to be happy after reading this:

“I see similarities between Liverpool and Dortmund,” said Sahin. “When I spoke to my family, I told them that Brendan Rodgers is a bit like Jurgen Klopp in the way that he thinks about football.

I love Klopp.

ShogunX

Around block 204, mid right if you were looking from the pitch.. don't have the ticket in hand yet and its not my seat like - someone I know can't go. You going?

Will probably go the pub after somewhere

I'm in 304, Row 72 so basically right at the back of the KOP - Best place to sit in my opinion along with 305 and 306 just for the atmosphere and that you can stand for 90 minutes.

Soi-Fong

I'm in 304, Row 72 so basically right at the back of the KOP - Best place to sit in my opinion along with 305 and 306 just for the atmosphere and that you can stand for 90 minutes.

I'm jealous of you guys who can attend these games... And here I am in good ol US of A. :(

Meier

The fact United and Chelsea didn't add anyone else today despite some pretty obvious needs and the fact that Chelsea looked absolutely terrible against a decent offense gives me a lot of hope about repeating.

Lightning

Banned
Did the RVP sale cover for Giroud and Podolski??

Who exactly came in for Arsenal or was it just those two?
When you factor in Song's sale, the amount of loan deals we done and the amount of players we got off our wage bill there is no way we "spent" any money this summer. Making CL was only for profit AGAIN!

Salvadora

It wouldn't take a significant investment for Arsenal to become competitive. What is happening at the club?

When you factor in Song's sale, the amount of loan deals we done and the amount of players we got off our wage bill there is no way we "spent" any money this summer. Making CL was only for profit AGAIN!
Factor in that and we've probably made money. I want to wake up from this nightmare.

Arnie

I've only been in 305 once and that was City in the Carling Cup. By far the best atmosphere I've experienced since Champions League. Stood the whole match too, was brilliant.

elsk

Banned
It wouldn't take a significant investment for Arsenal to become competitive. What is happening at the club?

Don't you guys have a great youth academy? Surely you can promote a few good players.
You already have good players in the squad, only left is some positions. Is Frimpong any good for the DM position?

jtb

Banned
Giroud/Podolski/Cazorla. The first two covered the sale easily.

It's still a better squad than last season, RVP or not, profit or not. No song is a big worry, but we'll cope. When Diaby gets injured, it'll be Coq's trial by fire. Fortunately for him, he has a simple (albeit very important) role to play in the team. Song was a liability, and as long as Diaby + Coq can stay fit enough to make sure Frimpong is nowhere near the first team squad outside of cups, 4th will be the expectation and we will meet it.

Soi-Fong

The fact United and Chelsea didn't add anyone else today despite some pretty obviously needs and the fact that Chelsea looked absolutely terrible against a decent offense gives me a lot of hope about repeating.

We didn't add? Wait what? We got Kagawa and RVP and a LB cover. For CM, as much as I hate it Fergie still sees something in the Anderson Cleverly partnership we got beginning of last season and we have Carrick as well.

Don't judge as off two games when our main midfielder was used as backup in defense.

Just come to England, it's better than America in pretty much every way.

We're fucked if Romney becomes president. *_*

Salvadora

It's still a better squad than last season, RVP or not, profit or not. No song is a big worry, but we'll cope. When Diaby gets injured, it'll be Coq's trial by fire. Fortunately for him, he has a simple (albeit very important) role to play in the team. Song was a liability, and as long as Diaby + Coq can stay fit enough to make sure Frimpong is nowhere near the first team squad outside of cups, 4th will be the expectation and we will meet it.

I don't understand 'we'll cope'. It makes us sound like a championship side. Why are we simply waiting for the worst to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom