• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

In terms of their first team squad they've probably inched backwards. Modric hasn't been replaced and I'd take VDV over Dempsey, just.

Yeah not replacing Modric is pretty shitty but Dembele showed what he's capable of vs United, Dempsey is pretty decent 15~ goals per season.

Lloris + Vertonghen don't know much about them, Sigurdsson is class.

I think they did pretty good.

If I had to recommend 5 TV shows everyone should watch I'd go with:

1) The West Wing
2) The Wire
3) Friday Night Lights
4) Arrested Development
5) Band of Brothers

I've never seen Twin Peaks. I've held off watching it because I know how acclaimed it is and don't want to be as equally mad as everyone else that it finished early.

You missed a few

Battersea Galactica
Game of Thrones
Sparcatus
Rubicon

lol, you're joshing me.

image.php

Wilbur

Banned
You missed a few

Battersea Galactica
Game of Thrones
Sparcatus
Rubicon

Haven't seen the latter two, saw 3 or 4 episodes of GoT and couldn't get into it (but will go back there obviously because that's happened with a few shows), watched up to the third season of BSG and fell behind, but thats on Netflix as well so its all good. Was enjoying it but it was a bit fucking heavy handed with all the religious allegories.

Chicken Cottage wings?

Venky's brah

Wes

venison crêpe
You missed a few

Battersea Galactica
Game of Thrones
Sparcatus
Rubicon

Game of Thrones has only had two seasons. As compelling as it is I would need to see more to shift any of those. I missed out a lot of other shows I like such as In The Thick Of It but those 5 are just solid television recommendations.

kharma45

There's a specific song that plays in the final scene, and it sometimes plays in clubs on nights out and I have a sort of semi-Sopranos breakdown on the dancefloor. After a fair few bevvies, mind.

I've known the ending since well before I started watching it, too famous not to.

Wilbur

Banned
Bollocks, now I'm starving.

Thanks a lot Wilbz

Eat visions of my butthole in your dreams

Game of Thrones has only had two seasons. As compelling as it is I would need to see more to shift any of those. I missed out a lot of other shows I like such as In The Thick Of It but those 5 are just solid television recommendations.

Yeah Thick Of It is fucking brilliant. It's back this year isn't it? Well excited.

Peep Show is magnificent as well.

Haven't seen the latter two, saw 3 or 4 episodes of GoT and couldn't get into it (but will go back there obviously because that's happened with a few shows), watched up to the third season of BSG and fell behind, but thats on Netflix as well so its all good. Was enjoying it but it was a bit fucking heavy handed with all the religious allegories.

You need to see Spartacus: Blood and Sand and the prequel (aired after Blood and Sand) titled "Gods of the Arena".

Venky's brah

I've never had Venky's. Hmm

Clegg

I wouldn't bother watching the final season of Battlestar Galactica.

Just watch the first 3 series and pretend it ended after that. The last season wasn't even that bad overall. But the final five episodes completely shat on the characters and themes that had been built up throughout the series.

Conor 419

Banned
Nope, reading them after I watch each series so gonna start on the first book soon.

Read one chapter and never got around to the rest of it.

The people who have watched the show but not read the books. I...I feel bad for you guys, you just simply will not be prepared for what is to come :(

The people who have watched the show but not read the books. I...I feel bad for you guys, you just simply will not be prepared for what is to come :(

Are we going to see even more of that girl plywood used to have as his avatars tits? Cause I might totally jump in again then.

elsk

Banned
So, in the last 3 years:

Money spent on players (minus earnings from selling players)
BVB: €1.46m
Bayern: €116.4m

Shows what an awesome job Zorc, Klopp, Watzke and the whole club did.

Very smart, since Bayern don't sell players at all. And Bayern don't need to sell players, because they get enough revenue from their fans, TV and CL money.

Conor 419

Banned
Are we going to see even more of that girl plywood used to have as his avatars tits? Cause I might totally jump in again then.

Find me the pic and I'll let you know!

Haha yeah. Its quite the feeling isn't it?

I knew it'd be bad but...not like that, never like that. Pure and utter devastation, oh the sweet summer children, they have no idea what they're walking into.

Clegg

I've just added Dire Straits to the list of bands I adore.

Was watching the West Wings season 2 finale and "Brothers in Arms" started playing as Bartlet was about to address the nation.

I got goosebumps.

PJX

Sahin article

Sahin, on a season-long loan, has not given up on a return to Spain but Liverpool have an £11m option to buy him outright if he lives up to Rodgers’ faith and rediscovers his previous form.

I didn't know we had an option to buy him.

I wouldn't bother watching the final season of Battlestar Galactica.

Just watch the first 3 series and pretend it ended after that. The last season wasn't even that bad overall. But the final five episodes completely shat on the characters and themes that had been built up throughout the series.

You are a horrible, wretched human being.

I've watched all four seasons four times and got about five different people into the show. It's amazing. Just bought the blu rays.. fucking awesome.

Have no idea what's in store for Liverpool this season btw :(

I'll be in the kop on Sunday if any of you are going btw

ShogunX

You are a horrible, wretched human being.

I've watched all four seasons four times and got about five different people into the show. It's amazing. Just bought the blu rays.. fucking awesome.

Have no idea what's in store for Liverpool this season btw :(

I'll be in the kop on Sunday if any of you are going btw

Where about you sitting?

Arnie

Meus this programme's boring as fuck. I'd rather watch a UFO documentary.

Whacking Deadwood on before bed, got to be up at 9. Excited for football tomorrow, transfers can do one.

RaGe_pt

And Moutinho, Hulk, Fernando and James stayed! :D my expectations for this new season reached a new level! We have a better team than last year, the players are almost the same, they know a lot better now what the coach wants, I expect us to be a lot better than last year.
Objectives:
- Win the Portuguese League (benfica has a worse team this year. They don't a LB and sold their best DM. Braga is going to give us a fight along with benfica but they are not yet on a level that can battle for the title until the end in my opinion but I might be wrong and Sporting doesn't scare me)
- Win the Portuguese Cup
- Reach the quarter finals of the Champions League (it depends on the draw of course.)

Pretty excited for this new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom