• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

All hail our new Queen.

---

Gary Cook giving Nasri a high five whilst saying 'alright brother'. Man I miss those days.

Still a pretty decent window for City overall. Actually, very decent.

Soi-Fong

Looking forward to seeing how the attack on Sunday will play if Nani, Valencia, Kagawa and RVP play together.

Though I think Welbeck will play.

I think Fergie will want to see a massacre. Gotta have Kagawa in the hole and RVP up top. Evans might be back as well so if we pair Cleverly with Carrick, Cleverly can stau firther forward assisting the attack.

Anybody big we have to worry about from Southampton? Lol

He's 6'5", solid build, plays with back to goal or behind a main striker so comparisons will be made.

I've heard he's a more technically polished Carroll and has had some personal problems in the past... will be a test for Lambert but there's a lot of potential here.

Fixed :p

Also, Sleeping Dogs made today a lot better.

EDIT: Just to clarify - I don't like Family Guy. I'm a glutton for punishment.

near

Gold Member
We got good value for a homesick Rafa and replaced him with a more versatile player with similar goal output. We sold a bunch of crap that never played and brought in Gylfi, Dembele, Lloris, and Ade as well. Kranjcar, Gio, Pav, Charlie, Bassong etc never played, who gives a shit if we trim the squad a bit? Naughton can cover both full back positions, Clint covers wide and striking positions, Dembele covers CM and CAM. Gylfi takes better set pieces than Rafa and has similar goal output as well. Honestly I think we have done really well and spent fantastically well.

Levy tried for Moutinho but we seemingly couldn't get him. We still have a great team and I'm excited by all our signings.

Doubt he was homesick, he said at one point he didn't mind staying - Levy gave him the option. Clint is a good player don't get me wrong, but where will he fit in? We have Sig as our attacking midfielder now too. Rafa was our only creative player and now he is gone. We got rid of our fringe players and that good, but we still have gaps in our squad now. We signed Verts, but King retired. We kept unsettled players like Jenas and Bentley, Hudd is probably a bit unsettled now and who knows what Dawson is thinking now. Dembele is solid I like him, but he is no modric replacement. Lloris is lovely, but thats for the near future not now. We have Kane as our third striker, Defoe is inconsistent. It was more business than ambition for Levy. He didn't try for Moutinho, if he was going to break the bank and break our transfer record he would have done it, he had the money. If we actually agreed £22m, pay the bloody contract. :s

It was a good window, but could have been better.

K1LLER7

I think Fergie will want to see a massacre. Gotta have Kagawa in the hole and RVP up top. Evans might be back as well so if we pair Cleverly with Carrick, Cleverly can stau firther forward assisting the attack.

Anybody big we have to worry about from Southampton? Lol
Hope your right.

Not sure if Gaston Ramirez is eligible to play? Not seen much of Southampton but they'll be up for it and did well against City at the Etihad.

Wilbur

Banned
All hail our new Queen.

---

Gary Cook giving Nasri a high five whilst saying 'alright brother'. Man I miss those days.

Still a pretty decent window for City overall. Actually, very decent.

I'd be inclined to disagree. New RB is worse than the two you already have, older and probably on bigger wages than both. Two young English players that aren't likely to make great waves, be first teamers or near the quality of prospective team mates. One good DM for sure. Will replace Barry as first choice I'd say.

So an okay transfer window. Chelsea, United, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham, Everton and QPR, maybe even Arsenal, have definitely done better business.

Mind you the argument is you needed the least strengthening.

He seems happy. Sorry Arnie, Mastadon, elseanio, etc... I would actually have liked to see him at Liverpool.

A1qRj0ACEAA5GxY.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Hopefully not season 3.

The fuck is wrong with season 3?! Hearst is a great character, Al is as incredible as ever, Dan steps it up, Brian Cox joins... great season.

Loving it. On episode 10 I think. EB Farnham's my favourite character.

The best scene was when him and Al were arguing, and EB said you have to be bold, and then Al said 'Is that what the B in EB Farnham stands for'. Properly hilarious.

Yeah EB is class haha. Has Richardson been in it yet? The old bloke that works at the hotel? He's fucking hilarious

Sloosha

Loving it. On episode 10 I think. EB Farnham's my favourite character.

The best scene was when him and Al were arguing, and EB said you have to be bold, and then Al said 'Is that what the B in EB Farnham stands for'. Properly hilarious.

EB is a fantastic character; definitely one of my favorites. Al and Cy too.

Tegris

Just woken up to see that we've signed exactly no one. Great work, Brendan et al, we're going to score even fewer goals than last season.

elseanio

He seems happy. Sorry Arnie, Mastadon, elseanio, etc... I would actually have liked to see him at Liverpool.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A1qRj0ACEAA5GxY.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Good luck to him, really hope he does well. If anything, it will highlight our need to get the manager who he wants.

Arnie

One silver lining to this big fucking cloud:

Massive fan backlash, over reliant on a poor finisher to get goals, and buckets of money saved on wages. Expect a big marquee signing in either January or next summer.

Conor 419

Banned
Spurs fan here,

cautiosuly optimistic, but I think it's hard to say whether we've actually 'got' anywhere with the signings we've made, seemingly we've strengthened some areas and weakened others. Not going to lie, I'd have loved Berbatov up front again for 4 million as well, oh man it'd have been beautiful.

Mastadon

Banned

A1qRj0ACEAA5GxY.jpg

Aye me too, but can't blame the guy for bailing when it was clear we weren't willing to put up the money. Think he'll do a good job for you lot, really looking forward to seeing how Spurs play post-Modric.

I think I got slightly caught up in TDD pessimism cycle earlier. We're a much stronger squad now than we were a month or two ago. Suarez just needs to step it up a notch or two.

D_prOdigy

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
#Spurs have missed out on Moutinho, would have taken something special to pull that out of the bag so late on.

15 minutes ago. Bleh.

If we lose on Sunday, that'll be 2 points from a possible 9. Right now I am not confident of us securing a Champions League position, and regardless of that outcome, the very fact that uncertainty is evident at a period where enthusiasm should be the norm is just...deflating. I don't have the vocabulary to say what I feel right now.

faridmon

zp__EFC1256_7297.jpg

Brian Oviedo Arrives from FC Copenhagen (Cheers Solbakken fan)

zp__TMC5136_7660.jpg

zp__EFC1285_1736.jpg

and here he is at Finch Farm

zp__EFC1473_9852.jpg

Matthew Kenned Signs after arrival from Kilmarnock

zp__EFC1490_5879.jpg

At Goodison.

add to that these signings

efc__1346311181_mirallas.jpg

Kevin Mirrales from Olympiacos

zp_PA-14207918_6619.jpg

Steven Pianaar from Spurs

zp_PA-14228956_7226.jpg

and Steven Naismith from Rangers

What a Summer!

Soi-Fong

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
#Spurs have missed out on Moutinho, would have taken something special to pull that out of the bag so late on.

15 minutes ago. Bleh.

Is it over??!! Still, would have been unfair to other clubs to conduct business past the deadline.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Everton have had a class summer. A RB would be good because Hibbert and Neville don't have much longer, but apart from that they're class all over the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom