• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
Now do you see why our dealings in the transfer market weren't very good? Defoe is wank, he cannot play solo. Huddlestone is a twat and should never play for this club again, the decision to bring him on was questionable within itself, and I actually blame Hudd for not following the ball in the air that led to that goal. Fuck this is getting embarrassing.

Kyoufu

Why in the heavens of the anus would RDM get Manager of the Month?

Because he can get the guy that cost 32 million to pass it to the guy that cost 50 million and score?

Give him a fucking medal.

ShogunX

Chelsea away
West Brom home
Norwich home

2 points. That is poor tbf

Why are Spurs and AVB getting sympathy? Fuck 'em

Wasn't it Newcastle away?

As for manager of the month it has to go to Steve Clarke. Moyes would of been in with a shout if his team had not just gotten shit on.

Now do you see why our dealings in the transfer market weren't very good? Defoe is wank, he cannot play solo. Huddlestone is a twat and should never play for this club again, the decision to bring him on was questionable within itself, and I actually blame Hudd for not following the ball in the air that led to that goal. Fuck this is getting embarrassing.

The players coming in are great, people seem to have overlooked the players you've lost though, especially Modric

Ray Stubbs' beard is an embarassment, and makes me feel that aliens would be justified if they decided to simply destroy humanity rather than living in harmony

Arnie

Should be Clarke. Had three difficult games and they've been fantastic. I expected them to go down but in hindsight I don't know why; he's got the same organisational and defensive tactics that Hodgson had and a good bunch of players.

Think that's doing him a disservice, as I said after we played them, he's brought much more to them than Hodgson ever managed. They aren't just organised, they're tenacious. They hunt after possession and when they get it they keep it. Positionally they're great, especially going forwards.

They've bought well, but most importantly Clarke's changed their mindset. They are so much more than an organisational unit now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Very poor performance. That's twice we've conceded after not dealing with a ball into the box., but we need to be playing better than this.

And please don't start Defoe up top by himself ever again.

Yeah, it was exactly the same goal as last week. Idiotic foul from Jake to give away the initial free kick but more shoddy defending on a bouncing ball. I still feel that when we start:

Sandro Dembele
Dempsey Sigurdsson Bale
Adebayor

We will be much better. The first half was the worst I've seen in some time, just totally static and with unsuitable players out there. We really should have had a penalty but it would have papered over the cracks.

Huddlestone's red card was nothing nasty (which he can sometimes be), just a bit of over-eagerness. I thought for a moment he would get the ball, he obviously did the same. He hasn't played regularly for almost 2 years, he defended poorly and got sent off but I will still give him a chance. The team as a whole was not good enough.

Hixx

That second half was sickening. O'Shea had a 'mare, Meyler is the slowest footballer I've ever seen today (yes, slower than Sidwell). Swansea doubled up on JM and AJ but we insisted on using them instead of Sessegnon.

Wasn't it Newcastle away?

As for manager of the month it has to go to Steve Clarke. Moyes would of been in with a shout if his team had not just gotten shit on.

Yeah, it was Newcastle. Dunno where I got Chelsea from

@Kyoufu, just seems like people have a bit of a hard-on for RDM, and Chelsea are the only team with a perfect record which matters since MotM doesn't seem to take into account the absolutely piss easy nature of their games so far

Wilbur

Banned
Think that's doing him a disservice, as I said after we played them, he's brought much more to them than Hodgson ever managed. They aren't just organised, they're tenacious. They hunt after possession and when they get it they keep it. Positionally they're great, especially going forwards.

They've bought well, but most importantly Clarke's changed their mindset. They are so much more than an organisational unit now.

That's fair, although I thought they were an attractive team anyway. Some very good players; Long and Mulumbu especially are class.

Arnie

That's fair, although I thought they were an attractive team anyway. Some very good players; Long and Mulumbu especially are class.

I thought they were a horrible outfit until Clarke took over, but maybe that's just my pure displeasure at anything Hodgson related bubbling to the surface.

Well, you can sign a player without a contract at any time as far as I know, so it wouldn't really matter.

You can't just jump out of your contract and sign for a new club. He can no doubt however get some permission to get registered anyway, they usually do that in circumstances like that (and bankruptcy).

Wilbur

Banned
~~~~CRAZY PREDICTION TIME~~~~

AVB will be sacked by next season and.....

ALAN PARDEW WILL TAKE HIS PLACE

I do think if he gets the time and Dempsey plays instead of ineffectual fucking Lennon and Moutinho or someone of a similar ilk joins they'll be class. But it's a big if. He's clearly tactically sound, bright - and the way football is going its a good thing. But he needs to be given time and himself understand that he can't just swoop in and change everything. He's arrogant, but he's not half the manager Mourinho is which means he can't pull it off.

What happened?

Christ, where to start.

We forced Carroll out of the door under the assumption that the saved wages would go towards Dempsey. We bid a sub-par amount for Dempsey, and had no back-up plan ready to spring into action, and had left it far too late to start negotiating with anyone else. We've been left with

Suarez (Terrible finisher)
Borini (Untested)
Yesil (18, no first team experience)
Morgan (18, one first team match)

As our striking options. Should've done more to keep Kuyt in hindsight

Zabojnik

You can't just jump out of your contract and sign for a new club. He can no doubt however get some permission to get registered anyway, they usually do that in circumstances like that (and bankruptcy).

Oh, right, right. Can't find anything about Drogba being released by the chinese club anyway. I call bullshit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I do think if he gets the time and Dempsey plays instead of ineffectual fucking Lennon and Moutinho or someone of a similar ilk joins they'll be class. But it's a big if. He's clearly tactically sound, bright - and the way football is going its a good thing. But he needs to be given time and himself understand that he can't just swoop in and change everything. He's arrogant, but he's not half the manager Mourinho is which means he can't pull it off.

I don't blame AVB for today. The players were too nervous and some of them (Livermore, Defoe) didn't suit the system. It was a mindless performance until Dembele and Ade came on, those two looked composed and helped us settle down. The squad needs to grow a pair, the West Brom result dented their confidence and nobody seemed willing to make runs and the passing was erratic from normally reliable players like Sandro. We are a very quiet, modest team and we missed someone like Parker or Dawson to get everybody up for the game.

Meier

What´s the deal with clichy?Injury? He is not even on the bench.

Maybe still on paternity leave?

He's on the team sheet that MCFC posted on Facebook. Didn't know he'd just had a kid though.. very cool!

539252_10152074776480455_1231440200_n.jpg

ShogunX

Christ, where to start.

We forced Carroll out of the door under the assumption that the saved wages would go towards Dempsey. We bid a sub-par amount for Dempsey, and had no back-up plan ready to spring into action, and had left it far too late to start negotiating with anyone else. We've been left with

Suarez (Terrible finisher)
Borini (Untested)
Yesil (18, no first team experience)
Morgan (18, one first team match)

As our striking options. Should've done more to keep Kuyt in hindsight

Kuyt was shite last year and managed two goals in the league. As much as I like and respect him his time was done at the club. Would also say Suarez is an erratic finisher rather than a terrible one. A terrible finisher does not score the quality of goals that he does.

Hixx

I want to say a point at Swansea is a good point. They are a vastly better team then they were last season. But while we've been exuberant about our front 4 we've forgotten about the back end of the team. An injury to Cattermole and we collapse. Gardner and Colback can fill in at full back but can't play there regularly.

Sobering performance.

Very much doubt Drogba would go to another English club. But well.. The French transfer window is still open and everything, Marseilles could use him back couldn't they?

Kuyt was shite last year and managed two goals in the league. As much as I like and respect him his time was done at the club. Would also say Suarez is an erratic finisher rather than a terrible one. A terrible finisher does not score the quality of goals that he does.

He was shite last year, yes. I'd still rather rely on him up front than a couple of 18 year olds. And I have no doubt that one of Suarez and Borini will be unavailable for an extended period of time between now and January.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't blame AVB for today. The players were too nervous and some of them (Livermore, Defoe) didn't suit the system. It was a mindless performance until Dembele and Ade came on, those two looked composed and helped us settle down. The squad needs to grow a pair, the West Brom result dented their confidence and nobody seemed willing to make runs and the passing was erratic from normally reliable players like Sandro. We are a very quiet, modest team and we missed someone like Parker or Dawson to get everybody up for the game.

I don't rate Livermore at all, and Defoe's no better than a sub and always has been in my eyes. Lennon is also an ineffectual fucker.

But the personnel is there. I do think Moutinho is a massive miss but what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom